SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

UND officially reports for fall camp today and begins practice tomorrow morning.  The initial practice schedule has been set leading up to the opener out at Idaho State on Sept 4th.

Friday, Aug. 6 – 8:45 a.m.

Saturday, Aug. 7 – 8:45 a.m.

Sunday, Aug. 8 – 8:45 a.m.

Monday, Aug. 9 – 8:45 a.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 11 – 8:45 a.m.

Thursday, Aug. 12 – 8:45 a.m.

Friday, Aug. 13 – 8:45 a.m.

Saturday, Aug. 14 – 8:45 a.m.

Monday, Aug. 16 – 8:45 a.m.

Tuesday, Aug. 17 – 8:45 a.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 18 – 8:45 a.m.

Thursday, Aug. 19 – 8:45 a.m. (Live Scrimmage)

• Upvote 1

Nothing too interesting on the offensive side of the ball, outside of Boltmann being listed as a starter. With no Belquist or Canady on the 2-Deep, hopefully that means Brock is a full go going into Fall camp. On the defensive side, Lennon and Kelley are new names to the 2-Deep. Nothing against him, but I really hope once the Week 1 depth chart comes out that Lickfeldt is not listed as the backup. Love Fort being moved to Safety. 

59 minutes ago, AJS said:

Nothing too interesting on the offensive side of the ball, outside of Boltmann being listed as a starter. With no Belquist or Canady on the 2-Deep, hopefully that means Brock is a full go going into Fall camp. On the defensive side, Lennon and Kelley are new names to the 2-Deep. Nothing against him, but I really hope once the Week 1 depth chart comes out that Lickfeldt is not listed as the backup. Love Fort being moved to Safety. 

It could be that they may on only playing Orlando 4 games, as then he would technically be able to redshirt right?  If Orlando isn't fully healthy and significantly better then I'd probably be ok with that.  However I get what you are saying though, I think we all want to see what Orlando will do in there.  If he does end up redshirting, I would think he would be an anchor and a monster in there the next four years. 

Can we create a covid/vaccine thread for this BS, I'm tired of hearing either side, I just want to talk football.

So going over roster, as far as new (to me) names, does anyone have any info or heard anything about these guys?

Noah Mack (positively mentioned in the podcast)

Connor Arel (GF product.... someone???)

Preston Johnson

Favian Hudson

Also, looking at the 2 deep K/P "depth" and 2nd string OL look a little scary. Trusting recruiting/development on the OL, but still uneasy to be filled with young/unproven guys. K/P should be ok for this year, but after this year then what???? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Can we create a covid/vaccine thread for this BS, I'm tired of hearing either side, I just want to talk football.

So going over roster, as far as new (to me) names, does anyone have any info or heard anything about these guys?

Noah Mack (positively mentioned in the podcast)

Connor Arel (GF product.... someone???)

Preston Johnson

Favian Hudson

Also, looking at the 2 deep K/P "depth" and 2nd string OL look a little scary. Trusting recruiting/development on the OL, but still uneasy to be filled with young/unproven guys. K/P should be ok for this year, but after this year then what???? 

I think the o line will be fine after listening to the podcast. K and P could always get better, how do we get an all American punter?

15 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

It could be that they may on only playing Orlando 4 games, as then he would technically be able to redshirt right?  If Orlando isn't fully healthy and significantly better then I'd probably be ok with that.  However I get what you are saying though, I think we all want to see what Orlando will do in there.  If he does end up redshirting, I would think he would be an anchor and a monster in there the next four years. 

If I were to guess, it would be because Orlando hasn't had an opportunity to do much or show much yet. Wasn't he fighting injuries in the Spring? I'm sure when coming up with the initial depth chart it is experience over potential, until they see how the two look in camp. Not going to be his spot until he earns it, which could very well be in the next few weeks. I don't really care who plays, so long as they play well. This team has finally started to deliver on its potential ... for so many years it seemed like we had potential but just couldn't get over the hump. Now we have made the playoffs two years in a row, finally have a playoff win, won the MVFC in our first season, and just see to have that "it" factor on the field. Bubba and Danny are doing a really nice job in building this program back to where it should be, and I'll admit, a few years ago I was ready to see Bubba walk; though that was more due to his inexplicable allegiance to Rudolph. Good things happening in GF, just need to keep building!

• Upvote 4

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

If I were to guess, it would be because Orlando hasn't had an opportunity to do much or show much yet. Wasn't he fighting injuries in the Spring? I'm sure when coming up with the initial depth chart it is experience over potential, until they see how the two look in camp. Not going to be his spot until he earns it, which could very well be in the next few weeks. I don't really care who plays, so long as they play well. This team has finally started to deliver on its potential ... for so many years it seemed like we had potential but just couldn't get over the hump. Now we have made the playoffs two years in a row, finally have a playoff win, won the MVFC in our first season, and just see to have that "it" factor on the field. Bubba and Danny are doing a really nice job in building this program back to where it should be, and I'll admit, a few years ago I was ready to see Bubba walk; though that was more due to his inexplicable allegiance to Rudolph. Good things happening in GF, just need to keep building!

I know I commented on it as well, but actually thinking about it, you're right on. I would say it's basically take the Spring depth chart and backfill based on players that are no longer there, but in a situation like NG, it makes sense why there would be no changes yet.

51 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I think the o line will be fine after listening to the podcast. K and P could always get better, how do we get an all American punter?

Darren Bennet, former Chargers punter runs a punting program and also mentors a lot of the up and coming Aussie punters. Staff might reach out to him. 

9 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Darren Bennet, former Chargers punter runs a punting program and also mentors a lot of the up and coming Aussie punters. Staff might reach out to him. 

Better question is why haven’t we reached out already??? Good punting can put games away and can flip the field for the offense. We need to do better this year at kicking.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Better question is why haven’t we reached out already??? Good punting can put games away and can flip the field for the offense. We need to do better this year at kicking.

with kostitch you get kostitch results....8 years later you think he's gonna figure it out.

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

That would be pretty shocking to me. Sounds like yesterday he didn’t take any live reps. Still time but the staff has to feel comfortable with Tommy and Quincy behind him. 

remember at this time last year otis was 3rd string...even behind mr dalton gee

10 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

RB is one of the easiest positions to come in and play.(if you have the talent) QB is a "little" different.

totally agree but trey might be one the most ready (family reasons) qb's we've had as a freshman in a long long time.

• Upvote 2