SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Updated Roster just released: https://fightinghawks.com/sports/football/roster

I was lookin at D Line. Three guys at 290 (Morrison, Beach, Orlando) which is nice to see. A couple guys at 270 which is still too small.

The roster seems heavy on WR, (16).  Same amount as O-line (16).  

I like the 3 big guys at D-line in the 290 range.  With Ends Quentin (260lbs), Thorsness (260), and J. Johnson (255) we are close......but not quite there in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Updated Roster just released: https://fightinghawks.com/sports/football/roster

I was lookin at D Line. Three guys at 290 (Morrison, Beach, Orlando) which is nice to see. A couple guys at 270 which is still too small.

I noticed the TE from DL is 245 lbs on the roster (247 this past weekend) and still running well and looks lean.

12 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I like the 3 big guys at D-line in the 290 range.  With Ends Quentin (260lbs), Thorsness (260), and J. Johnson (255) we are close......but not quite there in my opinion.

Johnson at 255 could be interesting.  That has to be 20 lbs since last year.  

• Upvote 2

D-Line Weights (Difference) from Spring Roster:

• Lennon: +15
  • Orlando: +15
  • Morrison: +15
  • Seguin: +10
  • Pierre: +10
  • Johnson: +10
  • Thorsness: +5
  • Beach: +5
  • Keech: +5
  • Lickfeldt: 0

That's really impressive overall. I agree, I think the D-Line is really close to getting to that ideal weight. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Agreed. The two guys at 270 are interior and I would like to see them bigger. We are getting close.

39 minutes ago, AJS said:

D-Line Weights (Difference) from Spring Roster:

• Lennon: +15
  • Orlando: +15
  • Morrison: +15
  • Seguin: +10
  • Pierre: +10
  • Johnson: +10
  • Thorsness: +5
  • Beach: +5
  • Keech: +5
  • Lickfeldt: 0

That's really impressive overall. I agree, I think the D-Line is really close to getting to that ideal weight. 

I absolutely can’t wait to see Orlando in action. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I absolutely can’t wait to see Orlando in action. 

This right here. Hopefully he stays healthy and we get to see what he can do. I'm liking the added weight these guys are putting on. Would really like to see Lickfeldt and Pieere put on a little more but its a step in the right direction.

10 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

This right here. Hopefully he stays healthy and we get to see what he can do. I'm liking the added weight these guys are putting on. Would really like to see Lickfeldt and Pieere put on a little more but its a step in the right direction.

I wonder if Lickfeldt isn’t maxed out. I like Pierre at DE better though. So explosive off the line.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AJS said:

Opponents averaged 21 points per game last Spring. The D-Line weights got my fired up, with basically everyone returning, can the defense be a legitimate strength? Get down to that 15 to 17 point average. 

It's the time of year where we can be optimistic and drink the green Koolaid, and I will take a drink of that!  With pretty much everyone back on D, and guys like Fort and Navratil etc. getting experience last year our two deep should be even better, combined with the increased size and depth on DL.  Our defense should be a strength.  And good news, Rudy hasn't shown back up.....so the offense should still be able to put some points up if the OL plays decent.  

• Upvote 2

We all are enamored with the 300 pound lineman, and I believe that Tank was better at 305 than he was at 290.

But...we have 3 guys at 290.

Plus all of them play against a few 300+ OLs in practice. 

Is 10 pounds that big a deal?

Reminds me of MLB. Batter hits 300 he's an all star; bats 290 and he's not.

35 minutes ago, shep said:

We all are enamored with the 300 pound lineman, and I believe that Tank was better at 305 than he was at 290.

But...we have 3 guys at 290.

Plus all of them play against a few 300+ OLs in practice. 

Is 10 pounds that big a deal?

Reminds me of MLB. Batter hits 300 he's an all star; bats 290 and he's not.

IMO 10 good lbs makes a big difference. Not just strength wise but in the ability to anchor a spot.