SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

On 5/26/2021 at 10:12 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Ginger or Mary Ann
Mrs Brady or Mrs Partridge
Jennifer or Bailey <-- We'll see who understands that reference. 
Chrissy or Janet <-- Another obtuse one
Samantha or Jeannie <-- Yet another obtuse one 

How about:

Blair or Joe

Sabrina, Jill, or Kelly

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Non-football related but I will ask the question here?  I have been asked how many members ss.com has.  I have been able to find that on the site before.  Can anyone assist?

I've tried to look it up as well.  I'm almost certain that ability went away (for us) when the website was updated. 

14 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Will there be tailgating this fall and if we do not know now, when will we?

I asked my wife a couple days ago if it was too early for me to send my annual email to UND asking - 'hey, when can we renew our tailgate spots?'  She assured me that it is too early this year.

I hope we hear something soon.

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2021 at 11:11 AM, UND Fan said:

Non-football related but I will ask the question here?  I have been asked how many members ss.com has.  I have been able to find that on the site before.  Can anyone assist?

I believe it's 8,883. Now how many of those are active is a whole different question.

I went into search -> member search -> hit the search button without entering anything. Got 8,883 results.

43 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

I believe it's 8,883. Now how many of those are active is a whole different question.

I went into search -> member search -> hit the search button without entering anything. Got 8,883 results.

Thanks, Hammer!

Interestingly, it was someone from the university who asked the question!

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Athletic department is preparing to operate this fall under the premise that things will be as they were in terms of capacity and events. 

Now that the jig is up!!  Very frustrating to watch the last year or so unfold.  

5 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I would encourage the lurkers to start posting. There must be “guests” that have thought about contributing. Please do!

Yes I'm sure there are.  I know I followed as a guest for a while before creating an account and actually started posting.  The more comments the better! 

• 2 weeks later...

Did I read correctly that Xavier Trevino is transferring? That seems like quite the blow to our OL depth. Not a ton of experience, but he seemed to have a lot of potential.

If I recall, he left Nebraska because he wanted a scholarship opportunity to make life easier on his family. Can't imagine why he would be looking to transfer again. Says in his note he is willing to play anything, primarily OL or DL. Would it be possible this kid just wasn't going to cut it here? Could it be a coaches suggestion that he look for opportunities? It seems strange to my, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else know what is up, or has any thoughts here.

Or, is this a kid that just isn't happy anywhere he goes? College is a big adjustment for some kids; maybe that is where the struggle is?

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Did I read correctly that Xavier Trevino is transferring? That seems like quite the blow to our OL depth. Not a ton of experience, but he seemed to have a lot of potential.

If I recall, he left Nebraska because he wanted a scholarship opportunity to make life easier on his family. Can't imagine why he would be looking to transfer again. Says in his note he is willing to play anything, primarily OL or DL. Would it be possible this kid just wasn't going to cut it here? Could it be a coaches suggestion that he look for opportunities? It seems strange to my, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else know what is up, or has any thoughts here.

Or, is this a kid that just isn't happy anywhere he goes? College is a big adjustment for some kids; maybe that is where the struggle is?

He was too small. Needs to go D2 or D3 and develop.

HUGE. This was an either/or of Nguon / Tobin away from being a homerun, but you would take this 10/10 times. The ideal number, where you don't leverage the future classes. Before this announcement I had OL / OLB / Safety as potential concerns. You can confidently take OLB off of that list. 

Some overall thoughts now that the roster is taking shape.

• Still not completely comfortable with O-Line / Safety positions to varying levels. You can include D-Line although even minus Devore, I expect them to be better this fall. I'm really looking through this with a critical eye. 
  • Although it hasn't been announced officially, if you look at the playoff 2-Deep, is Devore the only player defensively that won't be returning? 
  • Where is Canady at with his recovery. 

A lot to be excited about heading into the Fall season!

• Upvote 2