SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

4 minutes ago, shep said:

Tommy is a preseason 1st team player.

Guessing at least one member of this forum disagrees.

The SDSU QB being out for the season impacted this. But I like what we have for options under center, was just a few years ago we struggled to recruit at that position. 

is anyone able to load the seat location map for season tickets on ticket master?  Not sure if it's just me or not because I can't get the GF Herald login screen to work either (and havent for months... just refreshes page and sends me back to home page).

19 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

is anyone able to load the seat location map for season tickets on ticket master?  Not sure if it's just me or not because I can't get the GF Herald login screen to work either (and havent for months... just refreshes page and sends me back to home page).

seating.jpg

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

771DD452-61AE-40C2-BCF3-214263B732B4.jpeg

We know polls don't mean squat but nice to see us getting some respect, especially since many predicted we wouldn't be able to handle the "bruising" this league hands out. We have a rough schedule so nothing has been proven yet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

We know polls don't mean squat but nice to see us getting some respect, especially since many predicted we wouldn't be able to handle the "bruising" this league hands out. We have a rough schedule so nothing has been proven yet. 

Agreed. We have a lot to prove this year and it starts in the shithole known as Holt Arena.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

So last year Weah burst onto the National FCS scene, and Schuster in a sense did as well as a freshman QB.  Both had as good of or better years that we expected, even though we expected a lot of them going into the year.  Belquist was probably the biggest surprise of last year, I don't think anybody thought he would have the production he had.  So my question is, who or whom will be the player(s) that will take that leap this fall and become a much bigger contributor than they had in the past? 

I think with Belquist out we'll see a lot out of Marcus Preston. From what little we saw of him last year I was certainly impressed, We all know what we're gonna get out of the brockstar but this team needs another weapon out there and Preston and/or Jack Wright should be a good pick. Would like someone with more speed. Cornerback is stacked right now and with Holm back again it should be a excellent group. I still want to see Caleb Nelson or Sammy Fort have a breakout year since they were highly recruited.  The NG posistion is the biggest need for this team. If Orlando or beach are healthy one of these two guys needs to step up in a big way.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Pretty strange that Boltmann still might now be ready for the season. What is he dealing with? Hoping for the best, but even if he sees the field ... I'm not convinced he won't find himself re-injuring whatever this is.

It sure would be nice to have him at 100% this season to have another arrow in the quiver on offense.  If he is not able to go this fall, hopefully Vaughn has improved where they can put him in the Wildcat and make a few throws to keep the defense somewhat honest when he goes in. 

So how is the OL going to be this year, better, the same, not quite as good?  Losing 3 starters from regular season....seems like every season it goes back to how the OL does.  Seems like we've got some decent younger guys, hopefully they are ready to step up!   Is it August yet??

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

So how is the OL going to be this year, better, the same, not quite as good?  Losing 3 starters from regular season....seems like every season it goes back to how the OL does.  Seems like we've got some decent younger guys, hopefully they are ready to step up!   Is it August yet??

Being realistic, you'd think they would take a step back. The key to the offense is how much. Two things that will help, 1) Kilty getting two playoff games as a starter. Those reps going into the shortened offseason will be incredibly valuable. 2) PSU transfer. A veteran with experience who will be in the mix. Those two things instantly make the replacing 3 starters from the regular season not as daunting.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, AJS said:

Being realistic, you'd think they would take a step back. The key to the offense is how much. Two things that will help, 1) Kilty getting two playoff games as a starter. Those reps going into the shortened offseason will be incredibly valuable. 2) PSU transfer. A veteran with experience who will be in the mix. Those two things instantly make the replacing 3 starters from the regular season not as daunting.

Exactly, losing 3 starters but not as bad as it seems:
RG will be as good and likely better than last year. Agreed that the playoff reps were huge.
C will be more athletic, just lacking the game reps. Maybe a few bumps along the way but great upside.
LG will be an open competition with some good depth regardless of who wins.

Tackle positions are obviously set which is huge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Also, Tobin was very solid but not the most athletic. We could end up with a mobility upgrade to trade for all that experience. Looking forward to seeing what we get from Fenton, Lavell, Lotycz, and the PSU guy.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AJS said:

That was my thought, on paper it looks like we'd be taking a step back.  I had forgotten about the PSU transfer though.....that is huge if he pans out.  I agree with other Jdub that may be a few bumps early but hopefully by the second half of the season they are fairly solid.  The last few years the OL recruits have been pretty good, so we may be young but hopefully these guys are good.  Another nice OL commitment today.  I'm hoping with all of these solid young guys and continued better recruiting at that position we can be a bit more like NDSU has been at that position and just reload each year when Seniors move on. 

2 hours ago, SiouxBundy said:

Canady's Workout Drills at 4 Months look Amazing. Incredible recovery story

Absolutely incredible. Still a week to go before Fall camp. Talk about an X factor on defense. Still don’t know what to completely expect, but I never would have thought he would be at this point before Fall camp. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Wonder the odds of games cancelled, limits on attendance and masks again this fall

My opinion:

if people got vaccinated - pretty much back to normal 

reality is not enough are getting the shot so there is a decent chance that some restrictions will happen

ugh

people are stubborn 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Wonder the odds of games cancelled, limits on attendance and masks again this fall

Don’t even go there…. I made a decision this morning in church  after “we will see what the future holds with this delta variant.” I will not be denied worshiping in a pew again. I will attend any church, and drive, that has in person worship if it comes to that.

If tickets are on sale and purchased… how do they decide who gets to see the games in person? 

• Upvote 2