SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

1 hour ago, TBR said:

Having lived in SD for 21 years, I can tell you that most South dakotans' eyes will just glaze over if you mention hockey. I was watching UND hockey in a Vermillion bar one time and someone asked me if UND could defeat the Sioux City Muskies.

That is true, but Sioux Falls and Rapid City are starting to grow very nice hockey fanbases..  If Augie pushes to move D1..  it will be interesting to see if they look toward hockey...  I think the SF USHL team draws very well and they have the facility already in place.

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

FCS: Top 10 Way-Too-Early Favorites To Win The 2021 National Title

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-favorites-win-2021-national-title-bzbz/

Wow.  Was expecting we would get a little bit more respect after beating SDSU, claiming a share of the MVFC, winning a playoff game, and finishing the season ranked #6 int he country.  Not to mention returning a Payton and Rice award finalists at RB and QB.  But hey, that's fine by me.  We stayed under the radar last year and lloked what happened.  Kept doubting this team.  Only serves as motivation.

Every year we hear "you have to earn respect". They are just lazy - they do no research and just mail it in. His reasoning for us totally dropping off the radar is we have a lot of road games - specifically mentioning Missouri State as a "tough" one. 

37 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Every year we hear "you have to earn respect". They are just lazy - they do no research and just mail it in. His reasoning for us totally dropping off the radar is we have a lot of road games - specifically mentioning Missouri State as a "tough" one. 

Yeah that game will be a tough one.  Will probably only win 44-17 this next time!!

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Can we argue this??  We're Tarzan at home and Jane on the road.....more than any program I can think of.

8 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Can we argue this??  We're Tarzan at home and Jane on the road.....more than any program I can think of.

I'm old so I get the Tarzan/Jane analogy, but do many others?

Next we can do a Gilligans Island analogy.

21 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Could you clarify? FYP seems to have 2 meanings on Google.....

Wow. Wasn’t aware of that. I’d like to take this opportunity to say !@#$ tiktok. Get off my lawn, stop existing please. 

I stands for fixed your post. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Wow. Wasn’t aware of that. I’d like to take this opportunity to say !@#$ tiktok. Get off my lawn, stop existing please. 

I stands for fixed your post. 

Somehow I did not think your comment was what tik tok had.

I learn stuff every day!

12 hours ago, shep said:

Next we can do a Gilligans Island analogy.

Ginger or Mary Ann
Mrs Brady or Mrs Partridge
Jennifer or Bailey <-- We'll see who understands that reference. 
Chrissy or Janet <-- Another obtuse one
Samantha or Jeannie <-- Yet another obtuse one 

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ginger or Mary Ann
Mrs Brady or Mrs Partridge
Jennifer or Bailey <-- We'll see who understands that reference.  WKRP in Cincinnati
Chrissy or Janet <-- Another obtuse one     Three's Company
Samantha or Jeannie <-- Yet another obtuse one     Bewitched & I Dream of Jeannie    (not sure on that one!)

As you can see, I'm old!!!!