SiouxSports.com Forum

Remainder of 2020 Spring Season and Potential Playoffs.

Midwestern Hawk

Shut it down.  The athletes are just getting messed with at this point anyways with all the testing requirements.  Fully vaccinated people are clearly still getting tested (and popping positive) close contact this close contact that and they would have a high likelihood of getting any playoff game ripped out from under them anyways.  As Gunny Highway said in Heartbreak Ridge "Don't give the ***** the satisfaction".  

Any player that has any chance of signing a rookie free agent/tryout contract with an NFL team would be crazy to play right now anyways.  They get hurt and they wouldn't be healed by training camp.  

40% of all ND residents have been fully or partial vaccinated. 

Let's keep testing teenagers and young adults so we can protect them from.......themselves.

I can't wait for the day we can get to zero positive cases and we can return to normal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Lets run a hypothetical:  The Youngstown game gets wiped away for whatever reason.  

Is UND at 4-1 good enough to make the postseason?

Could get the automatic bid if Missouri St. loses to Youngstown and NDSU loses to SDSU.  UNd and SDSU would have the same amount of loses and we have the head to head win against them.  If that doesn't happen, I still think we get in based on the fact that we would be #6 in the country and co MVFC Champs.  

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Could get the automatic bid if Missouri St. loses to Youngstown and NDSU loses to SDSU.  UNd and SDSU would have the same amount of loses and we have the head to head win against them.  If that doesn't happen, I still think we get in based on the fact that we would be #6 in the country and co MVFC Champs.  

SDSU would still need to lose to USD for us to get the Autobid. SDSU would have one more win than UND.

Pretty sure we still get in with only 1 loss.

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dumb question:

Person gets the vaccine. They are not exposed (no Covid). But they get tested. What will test come back as? Will the vaccine fool a test? 

Good question......but I assume if that was the case MN wouldn't have had a news article about 89 fully vaccinated people testing positive for the virus.  It would just be a given that anyone vaccinated will test positive.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wdio.com/articles/minnesota-breakthrough-cases-infected-covid-19-after-fully-vaccinated-6053179.html

• Upvote 1

Even if SDSU  beats USD and ends up with one more game and has one loss too we would be ahead of them. We beat them by double digits and they can’t penalize for Covid loss games or Illinois State quitting. All along the way in the polls teams were not penalized for  playing fewer games. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dumb question:

Person gets the vaccine. They are not exposed (no Covid). But they get tested. What will test come back as? Will the vaccine fool a test? 

Everything I've found online, and my own experience, says no, they will test negative unless they have/had COVID or for some other reason get a false positive.  

• Upvote 1

Tests, tests, tests...

One year in, has anyone even mathematically correlated a positive test to sickness, severity of sickness, or contagiousness?

What confirmatory test protocols are in place to rule out false positives?

Have QA/QC standards been implemented to ensure test validity and technician competence?

Are PCR cycle counts still a variable?

Has the specificity or affinity of the test kits for specific pathogens been characterized with any certainty?

36 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Everything I've found online, and my own experience, says no, they will test negative unless they have COVID or for some other reason get a false positive.  

People who have had COVID may (probably will) test positive for at least 90 days due to virus fragments (non-infectious) in their body.

it is just a mess.

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Tests, tests, tests...

One year in, has anyone even mathematically correlated a positive test to sickness, severity of sickness, or contagiousness?

What confirmatory test protocols are in place to rule out false positives?

Have QA/QC standards been implemented to ensure test validity and technician competence?

Are PCR cycle counts still a variable?

Has the specificity or affinity of the test kits for specific pathogens been characterized with any certainty?

A big NO to all!!! It is still politicians pleasing people snd MSM making money( with others).

1 minute ago, Mama Sue said:

People who have had COVID may (probably will) test positive for at least 90 days due to virus fragments (non-infectious) in their body.

it is just a mess.

I was only talking about vaccines tripping the tests, but can see how my wording may confuse that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dagger said:

Even if SDSU  beats USD and ends up with one more game and has one loss too we would be ahead of them. We beat them by double digits and they can’t penalize for Covid loss games or Illinois State quitting. All along the way in the polls teams were not penalized for  playing fewer games. 

They would have a higher winning percentage, which I believe is one of the tie-breakers the conference determined for auto-bid purposes. I don't think it matters all that much as both teams would be in and the tournament committee will have their own parameters for seeding. 

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

it is just a mess.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I was only talking about vaccines tripping the tests, but can see how my wording may confuse that.

Not a medical professional and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I think that I have also heard what Mama Sue says.

I have read somewhere (but don’t want to go back thru hundreds of articles for a link) that you will test positive after getting the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. This was before the J & J and Astra-Zeneca vaccines, so do not know about those.

If I recall correctly, you are not contagious, however.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zonadub said:

Not a medical professional and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I think that I have also heard what Mama Sue says.

I have read somewhere (but don’t want to go back thru hundreds of articles for a link) that you will test positive after getting the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. This was before the J & J and Astra-Zeneca vaccines, so do not know about those.

This is not accurate.

38 minutes ago, zonadub said:

I've had the Moderna vaccine and have been tested (both PCR and rapid antigen) half a dozen times since getting it.  All negative.

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I've had the Moderna vaccine and have been tested (both PCR and rapid antigen) half a dozen times since getting it.  All negative.

Simply question....why??

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dumb question:

The vaccine won’t cause you to test positive on a COVID test.  You may test positive for antibodies. 

• Upvote 2