SiouxSports.com Forum

Remainder of 2020 Spring Season and Potential Playoffs.

Midwestern Hawk

22 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

40% of all ND residents have been fully or partial vaccinated. 

Let's keep testing teenagers and young adults so we can protect them from.......themselves.

I can't wait for the day we can get to zero positive cases and we can return to normal.

It almost appears that we can't move forward as a country until there are no more positive cases. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Unfortunately, there is no way to talk football (or any other sport at any level) OR entertainment without talking about COVID.... ask the Hill -Murray and Hermantown High School hockey teams.

depressing to see what we have turned into 

It is discouraging but hopeful the extreme wokeness and white shaming creates a new generation of free thinking, freedom fighting and liberty loving adults [of all races, colors, creeds, genders(man and woman)]. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

It is depressing. I just witnessed a guy walking alone outside my office wearing a mask. Not another person in sight. People have gone insane and the media fueled a lot of this.

Lol, I was in an absolutely packed yoga class last night. The guy next to me had his mask next to his water bottle. Bro.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

... almost no chance anyone connected to the football program would actually get sick, let alone die.  

Glad you qualified with "almost" ... I'm thinking about the head coach. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Lol, I was in an absolutely packed yoga class last night. The guy next to me had his mask next to his water bottle. Bro.

Haha. Nice to see you are living your life. The media would tell you that you are a goner because you were around other people.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The cold going around is a real < bleep >. I have it. I thought I'd caught "the ol' one-niner" but tested negative.

It starts out sinus, mimicking allergies, and then all the drainage makes your throat so messed up you start to cough and in my case I coughed myself a case of bronchitis that got infected. (My mucus had every shade of green from NMU to UND to NDSU to BSU.) 

It's almost as if people have been completely shielding their immune systems in a lockbox for the last year which has made it not as proficient as normal fighting off even basic viruses like colds..........

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

It is depressing. I just witnessed a guy walking alone outside my office wearing a mask. Not another person in sight. People have gone insane and the media fueled a lot of this.

Sad. When I see something like that nowadays I find myself hoping that the guy is going to rob a bank.  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Sad. When I see something like that nowadays I find myself hoping that the guy is going to rob a bank.  

With a change to clarify state law recently, if you are licensed you can carry a firearm in a bank.

And you can also wear a mask. 

Strange times. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The cold going around is a real < bleep >. I have it. I thought I'd caught "the ol' one-niner" but tested negative.

It starts out sinus, mimicking allergies, and then all the drainage makes your throat so messed up you start to cough and in my case I coughed myself a case of bronchitis that got infected. (My mucus had every shade of green from NMU to UND to NDSU to BSU.) 

Mine has followed a similar path, less the bronchitis.  

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Mine has followed a similar path, less the bronchitis.  

I felt the first drainage on March-flipping-22! And I'm on a daily multivitamin, plus extra D and zinc, and Airborne (can't hurt even if too late). Just when I think I've beat it the next day I'm fatigued. I ended up not able to control the cough, going to the doctor, and with a Z-pack yesterday. 

So yes, I believe we've done more harm than good with the isolating. Our immune systems are out of shape. (And I don't believe sucking air through a damp mask did my bronchitis any good.) 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

With a change to clarify state law recently, if you are licensed you can carry a firearm in a bank.

And you can also wear a mask. 

Strange times. 

But don't you dare enter a nursing home while healthy, where everyone has been fully vaccinated for over a month.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

OK I see what you’re saying.  

but if that’s going to be the approach, what is the endgame?  Will they ever open up nursing homes entirely again, for example?  Just today I got word that they’re shutting down the nursing home where my father is because one staff member tested positive this morning. 
so it’s a Happy effing Easter to anyone who wanted to go visit their family member on Sunday

Have the residents of the nursing home been vaccinated yet?  I would assume at this point they have since they were at the front of the line.  If they've been vaccinated why is 1 amongst the staff putting them in lockdown?  What's the fricking point of the vaccination.

Came here because the USD v UNI game has been cancelled and wanted to find out what else has been cancelled.  I'm guessing we've played our last game of the season.  Contact tracing makes it impossible to pull these games off.  One contact trace and boom, shut 'er down.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I felt the first drainage on March-flipping-22! And I'm on a daily multivitamin, plus extra D and zinc, and Airborne (can't hurt even if too late). Just when I think I've beat it the next day I'm fatigued. I ended up not able to control the cough, going to the doctor, and with a Z-pack yesterday. 

So yes, I believe we've done more harm than good with the isolating. Our immune systems are out of shape. (And I don't believe sucking air through a damp mask did my bronchitis any good.) 

Hit up a steam room or sauna. Rotate that with an ice bath or ice cold shower 3 times and you’re immune system will fire on all cylinders. And you’ll sleep like a baby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's just it. We'd probably be over this Virus if we hadn't had all of the lockdowns. I worked through the whole pandemic, went to work everyday. My allergies are just as bad as they've ever been. Obviously, I got the Virus back at the end of October. No matter how careful you are, you eventually get exposed to it (one person brought it to work and exposed everyone). Now, I have both of my vaccines doses. There seems to be a lot of skepticism regarding the vaccine. I am mentally ready to move forward and get back to normal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

Have the residents of the nursing home been vaccinated yet?  I would assume at this point they have since they were at the front of the line.  If they've been vaccinated why is 1 amongst the staff putting them in lockdown?  What's the fricking point of the vaccination.

Came here because the USD v UNI game has been cancelled and wanted to find out what else has been cancelled.  I'm guessing we've played our last game of the season.  Contact tracing makes it impossible to pull these games off.  One contact trace and boom, shut 'er down.

Yes, they had both rounds of shots completed in January.  None of it makes any sense.