SiouxSports.com Forum

Remainder of 2020 Spring Season and Potential Playoffs.

Midwestern Hawk

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Well I sure hope so, because I need some sort of boost after the hockey game.

Me too.  How draining was that?  I just can't imagine more guys won't test positive unless most had it last summer and fall.  Bubba should have made sure they all got it last summer.

This is becoming a very intriguing topic. The fargo media has made it very obvious that they want the spring season done and keep saying, "Let's just keep all teams healthy and make it to the fall." I find that comical considering they were all for one meaningless game this fall when they had Lance. The fact of the matter is they can see the writing on the wall that if the spring season continues, NDSU will not walk to a National Championship. Could they will it and keep rolling? Yes. Will it be as easy as it has been? No. However, if the season ended today they would have their transfer QB from VT and the recruit from NE to come in and compete at QB. My take is down South, this is why they want it done, not injury.

As for us, we have the best chance we have ever had in the D1 era to win a National Championship. I don't care what kind of Championship is. Winning that would be amazing on so many levels for the program. Will a couple guys get banged up for most FCS teams? Yep, that's football. The opportunity is there for UND to keep trending in the right direction.

I just think we need to finish this. COVID is a bogus excuse at this point. High school football completed their season for crying out loud with half the resources at hand.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

This is becoming a very intriguing topic. The fargo media has made it very obvious that they want the spring season done and keep saying, "Let's just keep all teams healthy and make it to the fall." I find that comical considering they were all for one meaningless game this fall when they had Lance. The fact of the matter is they can see the writing on the wall that if the spring season continues, NDSU will not walk to a National Championship. Could they will it and keep rolling? Yes. Will it be as easy as it has been? No. However, if the season ended today they would have their transfer QB from VT and the recruit from NE to come in and compete at QB. My take is down South, this is why they want it done, not injury.

As for us, we have the best chance we have ever had in the D1 era to win a National Championship. I don't care what kind of Championship is. Winning that would be amazing on so many levels for the program. Will a couple guys get banged up for most FCS teams? Yep, that's football. The opportunity is there for UND to keep trending in the right direction.

I just think we need to finish this. COVID is a bogus excuse at this point. High school football completed their season for crying out loud with half the resources at hand.

High School football didn't test so they were not held hostage by the COVID protocols.  If multiple positive tests, how many are in quarantine?

• Upvote 1

I hope we keep playing. I'm sure the players want to play games, not just work out and practice. Injuries happen even without games. I don't care if there are playoffs, maybe they should just take the top 16, pair them up with an outside the conference team and have a single  "bowl game". No national champion this spring?

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

If we're going to track what is more/less now a common virus and cancel games for one player college sports will be a joke.  We used to glorify players for playing a game with the Flu (Jordan) and now 1 player out of a hundred per team (1 out of 200) can cancel a game and eventually the season with a Positive test. (often with no physical symptoms)  We're living in the twilight zone folks.  

No MVFC Champs, just a bunch of CHUMPS in leadership roles.

Magic Johnson anyone? That would’ve canceled the entire league  for a decade with how things are being run currently.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

can't believe bubba used the word "safe"

he's making tons of money coaching a sport where teenagers are one inch away from breaking their necks on any given play...if he so concerned about safety it might be time to move into basket weaving.

coach speak as sent down from administration.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Magic Johnson anyone? That would’ve canceled the entire league  for a decade with how things are being run currently.

HIV in a sport where you're an elbow-swing away from bodily fluids (spit or blood) flying everywhere ... 

You ask a hard question. 

35 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how many cycles are they running on these guys to get them finally test "positive"?

29, 35, 40, 50, 99?

There are some”early threshold positives” but a positive is a positive, right...answer: many, many cycles.... not sure but 240 comes to mind...but don’t quote me

i am told it is like a copier scanning snd scanning over and over for ? more than 24 hours, maybe 48..... that is the variants....it seems the PCR test has more false positives than previously thought...at least in MN

politicians pleasing people