SiouxSports.com Forum

Remainder of 2020 Spring Season and Potential Playoffs.

Midwestern Hawk

1 hour ago, Dagger said:

Why are Rabbits ahead of us. Don’t we have same record and didn’t we beat them?

And NDSU took us to the wood shed.  Just because you beat a team, doesn't always make you the better team, as Geaux Sioux eluded to a while back.   I think the ranking is quite fair, there have been limited games so you also somewhat have to go on the eye test, and we didn't look that good in our last game.    The loser of NDSU/SDSU game will drop, if we win we will be in top 4.  Or who knows, maybe there won't be any more games or playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

No longer 6 at large bids.  Down to 5.

MEAC is getting their autobid back. 

Looks to be true(and a total joke - but not the April fools kind).

The MEAC cancelled their season but allowed teams to play if they wanted to. Three did(which is the AQ minimum for this season). But one of those three is ineligible due to APR violations. So it's just Delaware St and SC St playing for the AQ. And both teams are 1-1. (Howard is 0-1 and ineligible.)

I've been thinking the whole "shut it all down" talk was a grade-A overreaction, but if the playoffs have become this much of a joke...

7 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

The MEAC cancelled their season but allowed teams to play if they wanted to. Three did(which is the AQ minimum for this season). But one of those three is ineligible due to APR violations. So it's just Delaware St and SC St playing for the AQ. And both teams are 1-1. (Howard is 0-1 and ineligible.)

I've been thinking the whole "shut it all down" talk was a grade-A overreaction, but if the playoffs have become this much of a joke...

It is a silly change to make right before the season is over.

Makes it harder for the Valley to get 3 in now. 

8 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

So I thought you would have to play 4 games to be eligible for the playoffs? What if Delaware St and SC St don't play the 4 games? 

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

So I thought you would have to play 4 games to be eligible for the playoffs? What if Delaware St and SC St don't play the 4 games? 

Think I found the answer to my own question.

Need 3 teams in conference for AQ.

Need to play 4 games to be considered for At large candidate. 

FCS Spring Bracketology 8.0 — Playoff Predictions (4-5-2021) - HERO Sports News

At the same time, if you put a 5-2 SDSU team in, you have to put a 5-1 UND team in too with the head-to-head advantage. The other scenario is SDSU beats NDSU, which would result in both SDSU and NDSU (head-to-head over UND) making the bracket and UND possibly being left out if the committee doesn’t want three MVFC teams in.

So we know UND has to beat Youngstown. So if they do and SDSU wins or loses how would UND be left out? They would 1) have a better record then one of the teams and 2) have the win over SDSU. Whoever loses this game wouldn't that be the one out of the playoffs? 

20 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

FCS Spring Bracketology 8.0 — Playoff Predictions (4-5-2021) - HERO Sports News

So we know UND has to beat Youngstown. So if they do and SDSU wins or loses how would UND be left out? They would 1) have a better record then one of the teams and 2) have the win over SDSU. Whoever loses this game wouldn't that be the one out of the playoffs? 

Yes, obviously UND needs to win, but then it is either NDSU or SDSU, I don't think both can get in unless the game is cancelled and the committee screws us.

I get that this bracket it based on a strange season, but a 1 loss team (against NDSU), and they have us listed as the 16th and final team in? I don't get it. Now if we drop a bad loss to Youngstown then we don't deserve to be in anyway.