SiouxSports.com Forum

Remainder of 2020 Spring Season and Potential Playoffs.

Midwestern Hawk

42 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

coach speak as sent down from administration.  

How could Bubba hear anything from those in administration wearing two masks......my guess is their voices are pretty muffled.

Fun fact.....as of today 25% of all ND residents are fully vaccinated. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Riverhawk said:

Does it make any sense for the team to get vaccinated instead of having this drag out?

Well according to the CDC, Dr Fauci and our political leaders, we need to social distance and still where mask even after you get vaccinated.  So I guess it doesn't make sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well according to the CDC, Dr Fauci and our political leaders, we need to social distance and still where mask even after you get vaccinated.  So I guess it doesn't make sense.

And...we are starting g to see cases in vaccinated people... there has been inadequate testing on all of these variants.... maybe some on the UK but limited on the Brazil and even less on the West African....

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Really unfortunate that only masks and vaccines are the only preventative measures we have at our disposal. It would be really nice if diet, exercise, and supplements/vitamins were an option too. 

The "Elite" doesn't care about any of us. They want population control and this is just another way of following through with it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FightingSioux87 said:

The "Elite" doesn't care about any of us. They want population control and this is just another way of following through with it.

I guess since the earth is flat maybe the elite should just march people off the edge.  You think?

• Upvote 1

Well right now in North Dakota, anyone over 16 is eligible for a vaccine.  Wondering how far down the line student athletes at Colleges and Universities are.  Our next game isn't until April 17th (well scheduled game, we will see if it gets played).  So by then you would think that by the team would all be vaccinated and their shouldn't be any other issues.  Right?  Which means we should be good to go for the Youngstown game and the playoffs. 

22 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

This is becoming a very intriguing topic. The fargo media has made it very obvious that they want the spring season done and keep saying, "Let's just keep all teams healthy and make it to the fall." I find that comical considering they were all for one meaningless game this fall when they had Lance. The fact of the matter is they can see the writing on the wall that if the spring season continues, NDSU will not walk to a National Championship. Could they will it and keep rolling? Yes. Will it be as easy as it has been? No. However, if the season ended today they would have their transfer QB from VT and the recruit from NE to come in and compete at QB. My take is down South, this is why they want it done, not injury.

As for us, we have the best chance we have ever had in the D1 era to win a National Championship. I don't care what kind of Championship is. Winning that would be amazing on so many levels for the program. Will a couple guys get banged up for most FCS teams? Yep, that's football. The opportunity is there for UND to keep trending in the right direction.

I just think we need to finish this. COVID is a bogus excuse at this point. High school football completed their season for crying out loud with half the resources at hand.

Eh, I recall people thinking the fall game was kinda silly but it gave them an excuse to get some practices in. 

Bunch of teams missing games or not playing period. Some teams have played six games, some have played four, some only one or two. It's pretty janky. Whoever wins, awesome for them. You'd always rather win than lose. And the season is pretty close to being done so might as well finish what we started.

But had you told me that it was going to be like this, I'd have said don't even bother with the season and just get geared up for the fall. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, terbele said:

I guess since the earth is flat maybe the elite should just march people off the edge.  You think?

Don’t give them ideas.... the hundreds of millions of dollars being made off this (and paid for by “the masses”) is unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well right now in North Dakota, anyone over 16 is eligible for a vaccine.  Wondering how far down the line student athletes at Colleges and Universities are.  Our next game isn't until April 17th (well scheduled game, we will see if it gets played).  So by then you would think that by the team would all be vaccinated and their shouldn't be any other issues.  Right?  Which means we should be good to go for the Youngstown game and the playoffs. 

Two doses 3 weeks apart and then I think they say 2 or 3 weeks after that until you're considered fully whatever.

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Why would a 20 year old kid get vaccinated?  They have zero chance of serious problems.

17 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Unless players don't want messenger RNA and adenovirus injected into them without any long term studies.

I agree. These vaccines are all in the trial phase until 2023-24 anyway. Everyone who gets one of the vaccines is a test subject.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Why would a 20 year old kid get vaccinated?  They have zero chance of serious problems.

Isn't part of it transmission? Like vaccinated people are less likely to contract or transmit it to others?

I leave it to the medical folks. If it's good enough for them its good enough for me. 

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Exactly......yet Shanley shut down the HS yesterday and all sports/activities until 4/9. This after all those kids were robbed of the spring sports/activities last spring.

Sniffles and/or a cough = canceled games/seasons moving forward on all levels.

• Upvote 1

So UND got news last week of a positive test. SU gets news of a positive hours before game time. They played each other days before the testing. Wouldn't SU have to quarantine then also and cancel game because of it this week? The NDSU/SDSU game is still on isn't it?

• Upvote 1