SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

6 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Does anyone know what, if anything, UND can do to flip the comparison with Cornell?  Or are we just out of luck on that one ...

I think it’s a lost cause.

They could lose twice to Quinnipac to tie our record versus common opponents and then the comparison would be even at 2-2 and we would win the comparison because of a higher RPI? I don’t even know if they will play Qpac again, let alone twice, so it seems unlikely to flip. 

20 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Technically Gaber has a hat on too.... lol

Hah! I was thinking the same thing. Seems out of character for Sanderson. Gaber looks like Gaber!

Sanderson going for the Stevie Ray Vaughn look?

Stevie Ray Vaughan's 20 greatest guitar moments, ranked | Guitar.com | All  Things Guitar

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think it’s a lost cause.

They could lose twice to Quinnipac to tie our record versus common opponents and then the comparison would be even at 2-2 and we would win the comparison because of a higher RPI? I don’t even know if they will play Qpac again, let alone twice, so it seems unlikely to flip. 

If they both win in the quarter finals of the ECAC tournament, it is probable they would meet in the semis. Q is #1 and Cornell is #4 in their conference.

Breaking news.

Brad Berry inked to extension through 2025-26 season

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – University of North Dakota Director of Athletics Bill Chaves announced on Wednesday that Head Hockey Coach Brad Berry has received a contract extension through the 2025-26 season.

"Today is a great day for UND and UND hockey as we announce the extension of Coach Berry’s contract," said Chaves. "Brad has been a tremendous leader for our program and student-athletes. In addition, he is a great teammate to everyone in our department, university and State. He is nationally respected and is looked upon by his peers and others when the discussion of growing the game of college hockey is discussed. I look forward to our continued partnership."

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2022 at 2:36 PM, bcblues said:

Hah! I was thinking the same thing. Seems out of character for Sanderson. Gaber looks like Gaber!

Sanderson going for the Stevie Ray Vaughn look?

Stevie Ray Vaughan's 20 greatest guitar moments, ranked | Guitar.com | All  Things Guitar

He was standin', caught in the crossfire ... 

• Upvote 1

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/peters-minnesotas-ben-meyers-tops-college-free-agent-list/

Riese Gaber, C, North Dakota: I wanted to include Gaber even though I have been led to believe he will be returning to North Dakota next season. Teams have been tracking him more closely since he burst onto the NCAA scene as a freshman last season. This year, he is North Dakota’s leading scorer with 35 points in 30 games after having 21 in 29 as a freshman. Gaber is undersized but tenacious, strong and very difficult to move off the puck.

On 2/6/2022 at 2:02 PM, jk said:

It feels like five of the eight conference spots are just about set.

1. Denver

2. WMU

6. Omaha 

7. CC

8. Miami

That leaves UND, UMD and SC fighting for 3,4,5.  Somehow UND needs to fight through the injuries and get to 3.  The 4/5 death match in the first round could be loser-season-over. 

If the shutdown guys are out for long, two wins this weekend seems difficult, and any wins at Duluth seem unlikely.  Then you'd have to hope reinforcements arrive from IR and China and they can win some games in the last two weeks.  Then the PWR has to be good enough to make it at large, because beating WMU and DU back to back in St Paul seems unlikely. 

Gonna quote myself to shine a light on my bad call on UND.  I felt like sweeps were practically impossible without the entire Senden, Hain, Jammer line and with Sanderson in China.  I thought even the CC series was iffy.  Pretty much had the rest of the league in the right order, but UND's shorthanded sweeps of UMD and WMU were amazing, reflecting great coaching, effort and goaltending.