SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

44 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

The Wild shoot twice towards the net in front of Sections 106 and 107. Along with nearby sections, these seats will give you the best views of the Wild as they attack in the first and third periods.

I am no genius of anything…..

So that appears to be the end opposite of the Zamboni door.  Hmm.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:57 PM, Sweethockey said:

The Wild shoot twice towards the net in front of Sections 106 and 107. Along with nearby sections, these seats will give you the best views of the Wild as they attack in the first and third periods.

I am no genius of anything…..

23 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So that appears to be the end opposite of the Zamboni door.  Hmm.

The Wild do shoot twice away from the Zamboni Door. My wild tickets are C36 and they only shoot once. I was just at the game Sunday evening.

So, I think tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the "Timeout Game" at Xcel.  When I realized that, I had sort of a strange reaction.  Now that I'm old, normally when someone tells me that something happened ten years ago, my initial reaction is disbelief that it was that long ago.  Everything seems like it happened yesterday.

But that game, to me, seems like it happened a million years ago.  Maybe it's just the big changes in college hockey since, but I honestly can't believe it's only been ten years since that game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

So, I think tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the "Timeout Game" at Xcel.  When I realized that, I had sort of a strange reaction.  Now that I'm old, normally when someone tells me that something happened ten years ago, my initial reaction is disbelief that it was that long ago.  Everything seems like it happened yesterday.

But that game, to me, seems like it happened a million years ago.  Maybe it's just the big changes in college hockey since, but I honestly can't believe it's only been ten years since that game.

The Timeout Game...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SJHovey said:

One thing to think about is this. DU likely gets the home locker room as #1 seed, and UND gets the visitor’s as #2. That might mean shooting twice at the Zamboni end. Probably assigned for weekend.

Do we know if this is the case, or if the home team for any given game shoots at the end opposite of the Zamboni?

20 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Not much humor there...they've done better.

I feel like the concept was funny, but he bailed on it too quickly. More of a backstory could have been good. I'll admit, I cringed when he talked about the Omaha incident. 

21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I feel like the concept was funny, but he bailed on it too quickly. More of a backstory could have been good. I'll admit, I cringed when he talked about the Omaha incident. 

Yeah, people getting injured due to a stupid drunk fan is pure comedy gold.:huh: