SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

4 hours ago, crb1 said:

Based off some things I have seen online mostly Schloss and Tim H. Sanderson is probably done for the season. Of course that is just speculation at this point but it is not pointing in the right direction. Really unfortunate if true that his playing career ending at UND like this. Let’s hope he is able to play a few more games here. 

On The Twitter Schloss made it sound like Jake has zero chance to play anymore in these Olympics.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, crb1 said:

Based off some things I have seen online mostly Schloss and Tim H. Sanderson is probably done for the season. Of course that is just speculation at this point but it is not pointing in the right direction. Really unfortunate if true that his playing career ending at UND like this. Let’s hope he is able to play a few more games here. 

The last time I saw a Tim H. statement it was in regards to Pinto returning to college this year (he signed with Ottawa a day later). Very interesting to see how this plays out, because like you, I was convinced yesterday based on those tweets that he was done for the year. I find that now hard to believe if he's skating. Think Schloss is more dialed in, so I'm not leaning towards that we won't see him in the Olympics (although the Coach stated he was "truly day to day"), but I'm optimistic he'll suit up for UND when he returns.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I've been told it's a broken collarbone so I would think he's done for the year. 

As someone who has broken his fair share of collarbones, ironically playing hockey and football, this is a painful and slow recovery. Of course depends on the severity of the break but you have to be in a sling for like 8 to 9 weeks and it is just painful to move and sleep etc. However if word is that he was skating just recently that would indicate perhaps just a slight break or hairline break and may not be as painful or slow to recover. At this point, selfishly thinking of course, I just want him to get back to GF and heal up so he can be ready to play again in the next couple weeks.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

If true that is not a "day to day" injury. My youngest daughter's summer was trashed due to that injury playing soccer. Who examined him in China? Xi Jinping??

Are you questioning the Supreme Leader's ability to diagnose broken bones? The Supreme Leader--the Enlightened One--knew the extent of the injury before it happened. If you have any doubts, His imperial guard would like to have a word. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Are you questioning the Supreme Leader's ability to diagnose broken bones? The Supreme Leader--the Enlightened One--knew the extent of the injury before it happened. If you have any doubts, His imperial guard would like to have a word. 

Is he able to do that Mr Miyagi thing with his hands to fix Jake's collarbone?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dden3 said:

US lost last night. Seems like Jake should be back this weekend

Just have to evaluate how bad his injury is.
Geez, he's had a weird season.  WJC cancelled after one prelim game.  His Olympics ends after one game.  Missed games due to illness and injury.
Now he's injured again.

49 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Just have to evaluate how bad his injury is.
Geez, he's had a weird season.  WJC cancelled after one prelim game.  His Olympics ends after one game.  Missed games due to illness and injury.
Now he's injured again.

Yeah, gotta be tough getting there late, getting hurt, team does really well in pool play, then loses the way it did to SVK. Hopefully he takes it all in and still enjoys his trip and opportunity to be there with the other NCAA guys. Memorable for sure. And let's hope this isn't the last we'll see of him in red white and blue in the Olympics.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:55 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Additional observations:

- any combo of 8 points gained by UND or lost by SCSU gets UND home ice
- any combo of 12 points gained by UND or lost by UMD guarantees UND finishes ahead of UMD <-- BIG series this weekend ... 

I’d have bet neither of those happen this weekend (was thinking splits UND/UMD and SCSU/UNO). 

Both happened. 

UND no worse than third in the NCHC.

I'm gonna say it. This team's success is a result of coach Berry and his system. Period. The checking tenacity and D has put a mediocre talented team at the top of the NCHC. Go ahead and throw flames, Berry doubters, but you are dead ass wrong.

• Upvote 3