SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

33 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I still think DU has the best chance at the penne rosa. Both UND & DU play at Omaha but we have Western, at home which helps, and DU has a home and home with CC. 

You're not wrong. DU owns Omaha and I don't see them losing to DU. In the last 15 games against DU, the Red Cows are an amazing 2-11-3. 

2021-22 NCHC Preseason Media Poll

1. St. Cloud State – 195 points (20 first-place votes)
  2. Minnesota Duluth – 143 (3)
  3. North Dakota – 142 (1)
  4. Denver – 123 (1)
  5. Omaha - 114
  6. Western Michigan - 105
  7. Miami - 45
  8. Colorado College – 33

Four games to go and it's fun to look back on these preseason projections.
The teams battling for first were predicted to finish 3rd/4th and the teams predicted to finish 1st / 2nd are fighting for the final home ice spot.  Crazy how off SCSU has been lately.  I know these media polls are seldom right (remember the year Miami was predicted to win the league and they finished last?), but I think most people expected SCSU to be pretty dominant this year with all they were returning.  They still have time to make noise in the tourney, but the regular season sure didn't pan out as expected.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

4. Denver – 123 (1)
  5. Omaha - 114
  7. Miami - 45
  8. Colorado College – 33

The teams battling for first were predicted to finish 3rd/4th and the team predicteds to finish 1st / 2nd are fighting for the final home ice spot.  Crazy how off SCSU has been lately.  I know these media polls are seldom right (remember the year Miami was predicted to win the league and they finished last?), but I think most people expected SCSU to be pretty dominant this year with all they were returning.  They still have time to make noise in the tourney, but the regular season sure didn't pan out as expected.

SCSU is all about offense. When their only good D-Man (Perbix) is gone to Olympics they showed their underbelly. 

9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

4. Denver – 123 (1)
  5. Omaha - 114
  7. Miami - 45
  8. Colorado College – 33

The teams battling for first were predicted to finish 3rd/4th and the teams predicted to finish 1st / 2nd are fighting for the final home ice spot.  Crazy how off SCSU has been lately.  I know these media polls are seldom right (remember the year Miami was predicted to win the league and they finished last?), but I think most people expected SCSU to be pretty dominant this year with all they were returning.  They still have time to make noise in the tourney, but the regular season sure didn't pan out as expected.

But their entire Frozen Four team is back.....how on earth is the clown outside of home ice in the NCHC?

Imagine if we returned Kiersted, Gooch, Adams, Mismash, Keane, Bast.....

45 minutes ago, Goon said:

You're not wrong. DU owns Omaha and I don't see them losing to DU. In the last 15 games against DU, the Red Cows are an amazing 2-11-3. 

And DU pretty much owns CC as well dating back to about 2013. The two teams played about a month ago and I honestly don’t think Chrona and the boys even needed to shower after the games, they had such an easy time with CC.

I don’t expect CC to give UND any help in two weeks so best thing we can do is have UND take care of their own business. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Frisch will hopefully be a two year C. We'd be fools to not encourage him to play a 5th year with us.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Frisch is an undrafted free agent and will have several if not a majority of NHL teams trying to sign him this off season.

19 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I still think DU has the best chance at the penne rosa. Both UND & DU play at Omaha but we have Western, at home which helps, and DU has a home and home with CC. 

Dear DU,

Your last four games (@UND, H/H CC) you should be able to just look past. No worries. Skate in the park. Just roll your helmets out there. You'd beat all those guys sleepwalking though the game. Take a couple weekends off to be ready for post-season; you've earned them.

Here's $2.32, go buy four US stamps and mail the next four games in. 

Signed,
Your friends in Grand Forks

PS - We're here to help. ;) 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, petey23 said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Frisch is an undrafted free agent and will have several if not a majority of NHL teams trying to sign him this off season.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a fourth year out of Ethan Frisch. He saw how that helped Matt Kierstad.

But will he use his Covid year (versus signing a deal after four years of college)? I'm not so sure. 

20 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

DU can be beat as we proved if you can shut down that top line. I like our chances against them if we are skating 4 lines and have the albrecht line or Jammer line paired against them. Having 2 good checking lines gives us better chance that one of them can match with that DU Savoie line. I hope we play Denver in the league tourney.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What's his point?

That UMD and UND commit more infractions than their opponents?

Otherwise, he as a member of media is openly impugning the integrity of the officials. Good luck getting interviews in the future. 

I think that UMD is not getting enough power play opportunities. I wrote about this a few years back about how they get way more PP than penalties called against them. Monty was the coach back then. I didn't know that DU is still racking up tons of PP chances.