Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season


Frozen4sioux
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Well, maybe Niagara isn’t very good.  Let’s see how we do when we get into NCHC play.

I thought the Beavers played an experienced Duluth team pretty well.  See how our team handles the Serratore trap when it counts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I thought the Beavers played an experienced Duluth team pretty well.  See how our team handles the Serratore trap when it counts. 

Bemidji is no slouch. This will be a tough series. I expect a sweep but a split would not completely surprise me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Bemidji is no slouch. This will be a tough series. I expect a sweep but a split would not completely surprise me 

It will be telling at the 1st away game when we don't have the last line change. I will be in Bemidji Friday night to see who Bubs and the team handle it..... agree in hoping for a sweep, but expecting a split.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I thought the Beavers played an experienced Duluth team pretty well.  See how our team handles the Serratore trap when it counts. 

That damn trap.  They are a tough out because of it, but it sure makes for some "not as entertaining" games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, dden3 said:

I read that Massimo Rizzo is have early success for DU. Had he committed to UND at one time? 

Yes, he was co-ROTW along with Schmaltz...scored three goals I think in their series last weekend.

He was committed to UND at one time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, brianvf said:

Yes, he was co-ROTW along with Schmaltz...scored three goals I think in their series last weekend.

He was committed to UND at one time.

Did we lose Rizzo because Weatherby waited so long and chose the NHL at the last minute? If Weatherby had left earlier would Rizzo have kept his commitment thinking he would come in and get quality minutes right away? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mattim said:

Did we lose Rizzo because Weatherby waited so long and chose the NHL at the last minute? If Weatherby had left earlier would Rizzo have kept his commitment thinking he would come in and get quality minutes right away? 

Shh! We aren't supposed to speak ill of him on here. :silly:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattim said:

Did we lose Rizzo because Weatherby waited so long and chose the NHL at the last minute? If Weatherby had left earlier would Rizzo have kept his commitment thinking he would come in and get quality minutes right away? 

Everything I heard about Rizzo was that UND was nervous about his injury, his play not being as it once was, and made the call to ask him to stay one more year in junior. He decided he didn't want to do that and decommitted. Didn't have anything to do with Jasper. When he bolted, he was already committed to DU.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Everything I heard about Rizzo was that UND was nervous about his injury, his play not being as it once was, and made the call to ask him to stay one more year in junior. He decided he didn't want to do that and uncommitted. Didn't have anything to do with Jasper. When he bolted, he was already committed to DU.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

Which is weird because he didn’t play last season anyway so he didn’t get to school any sooner than if he had stayed committed to UND. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

You said he decommitted because he didn’t want to play another year of juniors when essentially that’s what he did. He was on Chilliwack’s roster last season. 

Did he age out after last year? My understanding, and I could have misunderstood, was that UND asked him to play one more year before coming to college. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Did he age out after last year? My understanding, and I could have misunderstood, was that UND asked him to play one more year before coming to college. 

He was age eligible last season for juniors (I want to say he’s 20?) but the BCHL was shut down for most of the year so when they resumed play in the spring he was injured and didn’t end up playing in any of Chilliwack’s games. 
 

Since he decommitted in the summer before last season, he basically attempted to play another year of juniors like UND asked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

He was age eligible last season for juniors (I want to say he’s 20?) but the BCHL was shut down for most of the year so when they resumed play in the spring he was injured and didn’t end up playing in any of Chilliwack’s games. 

Ah, I got it. Not 100%. Either way, UND was worried about his injury and his fall off in play. I'm guessing they would have brought him in had they known Jasper was going to leave. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...