SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Well, maybe Niagara isn’t very good.  Let’s see how we do when we get into NCHC play.

I thought the Beavers played an experienced Duluth team pretty well.  See how our team handles the Serratore trap when it counts. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I thought the Beavers played an experienced Duluth team pretty well.  See how our team handles the Serratore trap when it counts. 

Bemidji is no slouch. This will be a tough series. I expect a sweep but a split would not completely surprise me 

20 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Bemidji is no slouch. This will be a tough series. I expect a sweep but a split would not completely surprise me 

It will be telling at the 1st away game when we don't have the last line change. I will be in Bemidji Friday night to see who Bubs and the team handle it..... agree in hoping for a sweep, but expecting a split.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

That damn trap.  They are a tough out because of it, but it sure makes for some "not as entertaining" games.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, brianvf said:

Yes, he was co-ROTW along with Schmaltz...scored three goals I think in their series last weekend.

He was committed to UND at one time.

Did we lose Rizzo because Weatherby waited so long and chose the NHL at the last minute? If Weatherby had left earlier would Rizzo have kept his commitment thinking he would come in and get quality minutes right away? 

2 minutes ago, mattim said:

Did we lose Rizzo because Weatherby waited so long and chose the NHL at the last minute? If Weatherby had left earlier would Rizzo have kept his commitment thinking he would come in and get quality minutes right away? 

Shh! We aren't supposed to speak ill of him on here. :silly:

1 hour ago, mattim said:

Everything I heard about Rizzo was that UND was nervous about his injury, his play not being as it once was, and made the call to ask him to stay one more year in junior. He decided he didn't want to do that and decommitted. Didn't have anything to do with Jasper. When he bolted, he was already committed to DU.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

30 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Everything I heard about Rizzo was that UND was nervous about his injury, his play not being as it once was, and made the call to ask him to stay one more year in junior. He decided he didn't want to do that and uncommitted. Didn't have anything to do with Jasper. When he bolted, he was already committed to DU.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

Which is weird because he didn’t play last season anyway so he didn’t get to school any sooner than if he had stayed committed to UND. 

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

You said he decommitted because he didn’t want to play another year of juniors when essentially that’s what he did. He was on Chilliwack’s roster last season. 

Did he age out after last year? My understanding, and I could have misunderstood, was that UND asked him to play one more year before coming to college. 

15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Did he age out after last year? My understanding, and I could have misunderstood, was that UND asked him to play one more year before coming to college. 

He was age eligible last season for juniors (I want to say he’s 20?) but the BCHL was shut down for most of the year so when they resumed play in the spring he was injured and didn’t end up playing in any of Chilliwack’s games. 

Since he decommitted in the summer before last season, he basically attempted to play another year of juniors like UND asked. 

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

He was age eligible last season for juniors (I want to say he’s 20?) but the BCHL was shut down for most of the year so when they resumed play in the spring he was injured and didn’t end up playing in any of Chilliwack’s games. 

Ah, I got it. Not 100%. Either way, UND was worried about his injury and his fall off in play. I'm guessing they would have brought him in had they known Jasper was going to leave.