SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Agreed. Although ss.com regulars don't sweat it. Onhockey.tv is still up too, often sites like that don't last season to season.

It won't be the same without Holden, either. 

Why did Holden get let go?  I’ve never found anything that has given any reason.  Seemed sudden to happen mid-season.

5 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Why did Holden get let go?  I’ve never found anything that has given any reason.  Seemed sudden to happen mid-season.

If you look at the various articles and what Ben said, he wasn't specific and didn't give many details. 

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

My impression was CBS was unhappy with him for doing the pod during college football playoffs.

He didn't elaborate. That maybe the case. He's a really good football PxP guy, too. 

47 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Love Ben Holden’s play by play for hockey, particularly when he calls a goal. 

A play by play guy that understands the game so well that he can crescendo perfectly to the moment of a goal/big save/close call.  

College hockey lost a great voice.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Question-is there a mask mandate to attend UND games also, do you need to show proof of vaccination to enter the Ralph? -Not looking to engage in any debate, just curious to know what other NCHC programs are doing as compared to CC.

Nope, as of this moment, you don't need to wear a mask or have to show proof of vaccination status. At AMSOIL Arena, you will wear a mask

• Upvote 1

You will have to wear a mask next weekend in Sanford Arena in Bemidji

With the number of regional COVID-19 cases increasing, based on recommendations from local, regional, and national health officials and the guidelines set by the MinnState Chancellor, Bemidji State University requires anyone in a campus building to wear a face covering - regardless of vaccination status. The face covering policy also applies to the Sanford Center when Bemidji State is hosting men’s and women’s hockey games. This guideline was originally enacted August 12, 2021 and was recently extended through at least Dec. 31, 2021.

10 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I had really hoped that the league would kick CBSSN to the curb but they renewed the contract (last year?). Eight games and the playoffs. Eight. Pathetic. The best league deserves a network that is actually interested in broadcasting college hockey!

Asking for a friend, why would you kick CBSSN to the curb. Who would we replace them with? 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Goon said:

Asking for a friend, why would you kick CBSSN to the curb. Who would we replace them with? 

Because they are only televising eight games and the playoffs, and none before January. There are 192 league games and dozens of non-conference games that they could pick up at least a few more. Fox Sports has affiliates everywhere and did a great job when they were showing every Sioux home game before the NCHC started up. Certainly I would not expect CBSSN to televise all possible games but eight? How about one game each weekend? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Because they are only televising eight games and the playoffs, and none before January. There are 192 league games and dozens of non-conference games that they could pick up at least a few more. Fox Sports has affiliates everywhere and did a great job when they were showing every Sioux home game before the NCHC started up. Certainly I would not expect CBSSN to televise all possible games but eight? How about one game each weekend? 

Because it would cost too much! (boilerplate answer) :silly:

If a network wants to be an "exclusive" provider of NCHC games, then they should actually broadcast more than a few each season.

• Upvote 1