SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

30 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Kickers are often the difference between wins and losses.  Look at our game last week.  Look at the Vikings history.  No matter what kicker we signed, he would have been discussed, as all football commits are, because UND hockey isn't the only program at UND with a fan base.  If UND signs one of the best kickers in the country, that is indeed something to be excited about, because it matters, and wins and losses will eventually be decided by this recruit's foot.  Turning good news into an opportunity to !@#$ on the football program only hurts.  If more fans like you supported the football program instead of dismissing it, we could probably sell out the Alerus more, improve recruiting, and in-turn, improve the program.  Good to know you're a realistic band wagon Sioux fan, though.

Why would I want to look at the Vikings history?  They're a doomed franchise. 

10 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Oh boy! 

Once the 3 star skill position players see that we have a top 20 ranked kicker, all the pieces will fall into place! 

Thank God it's hockey season. 

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I thought this was some of the best sarcasm I've ever seen on this board.

I laugh every time I read it.

6 hours ago, Dustin said:

Do all of the players listed as “Senior” on the roster still get another year of eligibility if they want it?

They are all eligible for another year. But I believe coaches get to decide who they want back. If a senior is mostly just a career back up, they would probably want to free that scholarship up. 

7 hours ago, Dustin said:

Do all of the players listed as “Senior” on the roster still get another year of eligibility if they want it?

Heard that some who are getting their degree might be ready to move on with the next stage of their life, while others see a chance to go to grad school and have it paid for  - not a bad thing either way. 

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anybody know anything about this guy?

Sorry, don’t know anything firsthand.  Talked to a couple guys from Lisbon.  They said pretty dominant at that level.  More so on defense.  Sounds like height on hudl must be old, says 6’1”, sounds like about 6’4”.  With Flyger called out on tweet, suspect D end?

On 10/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, Sioux94 said:

They are all eligible for another year. But I believe coaches get to decide who they want back. If a senior is mostly just a career back up, they would probably want to free that scholarship up. 

You might want to check on that. If they were seniors in the Spring and came back for the Fall this is their final year. If they were Juniors in the Fall and came back, they may be listed as Seniirs this year with another year possible.

NDSU lists both Christian Watson and Cordell Volson as seniors. Watson was a Junior in the Spring and could come back next year even though he has already said he is going to the NFL next year, but Volson was a Senior in the Spring and decided to come back. He can not come back next year.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

You might want to check on that. If they were seniors in the Spring and came back for the Fall this is their final year. If they were Juniors in the Fall and came back, they may be listed as Seniirs this year with another year possible.

NDSU lists both Christian Watson and Cordell Volson as seniors. Watson was a Junior in the Spring and could come back next year even though he has already said he is going to the NFL next year, but Volson was a Senior in the Spring and decided to come back. He can not come back next year.

You are correct.  I shouldn't have said all, because yeah guys that would have been seniors in Fall of 2020/Spring 2021......yeah they won't have eligibility after Fall of 2021.  I guess I was thinking that it was implied that he was talking about guys other than guys like Holm, Canady, etc.. who would have been seniors last year.