SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

They didn’t even talk to him at their camp.

Fact. Then he came to UND's camp and left with an offer. UND has shown their camp evaluation are much better than the school to the South. MooU tends to use their camp to make money, UND leans the way of finding more dudes.

1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Fact. Then he came to UND's camp and left with an offer. UND has shown their camp evaluation are much better than the school to the South. MooU tends to use their camp to make money, UND leans the way of finding more dudes.

I think we offered before he went to their camp. That’s what I heard at least. Pretty sure he committed to us after they blew him off at their camp.

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think we offered before he went to their camp. That’s what I heard at least. Pretty sure he committed to us after they blew him off at their camp.

Through the grapevine I heard Entz dropped the ball on Belquist big time. Didn’t know that he was a legacy player or approach his recruiting with that in mind. 
Maybe he would have played for UND in the end anyway, but I was told he would have liked to have been a Bison but the recruiting was such a turnoff that he wouldn’t have been at NDSU even if they offered in the end.

Entz isn’t high on a lot of insiders list these days. Hopefully he figures it out or mediocrity is definitely going to seep in.

• Upvote 1

I realize there is a big discrepancy still in talent between the two rosters, particularly along the lines, which drives me nuts, but the main way UND closes the gap is getting the local kids and having them turn into stars. Seems to do something extra for the program when those guys hit.  

37 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

When everyone's healthy, we have an embarrassment of riches in our receiver corp (except for a gamebreaker, although wouldn't BB fall into that category?).

The move BB put on that Sam Houston player in 2019 was nasty when he ran it up the middle and juked that guy and took it to the house. Not sure BB has super high top and speed or not, but he can make people miss. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Through the grapevine I heard Entz dropped the ball on Belquist big time. Didn’t know that he was a legacy player or approach his recruiting with that in mind. 
Maybe he would have played for UND in the end anyway, but I was told he would have liked to have been a Bison but the recruiting was such a turnoff that he wouldn’t have been at NDSU even if they offered in the end.

Entz isn’t high on a lot of insiders list these days. Hopefully he figures it out or mediocrity is definitely going to seep in.

I've heard the same thing. It's not hard to see where my fandom lies, but from the outside looking in it has been obvious to see that Entz isn't the coach Bohl or Kleiman is. He has brought a level of ignorance and cockiness that wasn't there before. I'll be honest, for as much as I dislike NDSU for the simple fact that's how I was raised, I respected the hell of of them and their coaches when they were in their hayday and they didn't even drive me that crazy because they were doing things the right way. That's not the case with the current NDSU program and well I believe we are all watching an empire fall because of it......

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

You better believe he dreamt of playing for the bison as a boy. Sometimes a slight like that will make a guy super loyal to the former enemy. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, AJS said:

It wasn’t listed. Just speculation, but you would think that weekend would be for a more select group. Special invite. Current commits and your “A” level prospects. 

What we’ve seen on Twitter I’m sure the Coaching Staff sent to hundreds of prospective recruits (both from this year as well as future years). 

Thanks and that makes sense.  I hadn't thought of it from that angle.  

I don't think next week's game is "make or break" as far as the 2021 season is concerned...but if we want to take the next step as a program, we need to beat NDSU...because we won't win many of these types of recruiting battles without a victory under our belt!  That's why this game seems to mean more to our team and our fanbase...because everyone knows this.

• Upvote 1