SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

9 hours ago, Und246 said:

HUGE get for UND. NDSU wanted him too big time.  We are definitely making strides on recruiting. 

While I am happy we landed Schweigert and think he will be a contributor for us, I doubt the Bison are overly upset.  They have 27 commitments so far and I know they are still hoping to land at least 2-3 more studs who have offers. They are about at their limit already!

12 hours ago, Und246 said:

HUGE get for UND. NDSU wanted him too big time.  We are definitely making strides on recruiting. 

Not sure you need to get that excited about this commitment. Not saying NDSU didn’t want him, but neither school wanted him enough to offer any money.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Not sure you need to get that excited about this commitment. Not saying NDSU didn’t want him, but neither school wanted him enough to offer any money.

So money was not a factor and he chose UND based on on other factors: education, coaches, environment. 

12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I wonder if you felt the same about Joe Haeg.  This kid is a good get. So is the Hackel kid. You can’t always tell by PWO vs Scholarship nor by who else offers. 

10 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I wonder if you felt the same about Joe Haeg.  This kid is a good get. So is the Hackel kid. You can’t always tell by PWO vs Scholarship nor by who else offers. 

Didn’t say he wasn’t a good get. Just pointed out that if Bubba or Entz thought he was had a really good chance to be a difference maker they would have offered a scholarship. Not saying he won’t start for 4 years, he might, but they both obviously think other kids are more worthy of a scholarship.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:05 PM, nd1sufan said:

Didn’t say he wasn’t a good get. Just pointed out that if Bubba or Entz thought he was had a really good chance to be a difference maker they would have offered a scholarship. Not saying he won’t start for 4 years, he might, but they both obviously think other kids are more worthy of a scholarship.

You and I don’t know what either coach is thinking.  There are a number of factors that come in to play. I believe most coaches at this level believe their PWO’s have a chance to play/contribute. 

• Upvote 2

100 players on a team

60 some scholarships 

give walk ons a lot of credit, have all the practice, no money, don’t usually travel 

they put a lot into the program probably with very little hope of playing and they  could still end up being the next Adam thielen 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Kab said:

100 players on a team

60 some scholarships 

give walk ons a lot of credit, have all the practice, no money, don’t usually travel 

they put a lot into the program probably with very little hope of playing and they  could still end up being the next Adam thielen 

It always surprises me how many PWO's become great players and key components to the team. 

• Upvote 2