SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

Going forward we are always going to have a crappy feeling the first two weeks after our season is done.  There will always be transfers out every year, and the last game of the season will have ended in a loss if we are in the playoffs, unless we win it all.  Some years the crappy two week period will be better than others, but this one....yeah has been a pretty crappy feeling.  Part of it is we are not used to this many players leaving right after the season, it is definitely depressing and a gut punch. 

Early signing period isn't too far away though right?  Hopefully there will be good news there and everyone who verballed will sign.  Wouldn't be surprised though if there is at least one negative surprise there, but hopefully not. 

38 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

On the Emmett Johnson front, he had a in-home with Scott Frost and has his official visit to Nebraska this weekend. Will be an extremely difficult get and I gotta imagine the staff is pretty happy with AMT. 

Man hard to turn down a Nebraska scholarship offer if it was me !

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

On the Emmett Johnson front, he had a in-home with Scott Frost and has his official visit to Nebraska this weekend. Will be an extremely difficult get and I gotta imagine the staff is pretty happy with AMT. 

Well they already have a higher rated rb commit and a highly rated rb transfer from USC. We'll know shortly if they offer a scholarship.

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well they already have a higher rated rb commit and a highly rated rb transfer from USC. We'll know shortly if they offer a scholarship.

Obviously whether he gets the scholly offer from Nebraska or not, it doesn't change the caliber of RB this kid is, but it makes me want the kid even more. Seeing his highlights and seeing who else is going after him speaks pretty highly of the kid.

I know the staff was high on Gilman, but this kid could be better.

On 7/19/2021 at 9:11 PM, UND Fan said:

Another offer:

LB Zach Gloudeman, 6'2“, 215, 4.6, Spring Green (River Valley), WI  Has offers from USD & SDSU

It would be great to land this kid over offers from the SD schools.  I think his dad has some ties to UND so that may help!

Gloudeman is walking on at Wisconsin.

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

Gloudeman is walking on at Wisconsin.

Will walking on as a freshman be a  thing of the past? It’s easier now than ever to show what you can do in the FCS as a younger player and then make the jump. Get the scholarship and walk on later if you really want to play at a school