SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

1 hour ago, homer said:

After watching that game yesterday I hope he will enjoy his time being a blocking WR.  

No kidding, I can't believe they didn't try a few deep balls to Watson (I can't remember if that pass in the endzone was to him or not though).  Watson is probably wishing he transferred in the off season. 

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s like they had a Hergele copy on deck in case that fell through. I like what I see. Wish we could’ve gotten Hergele though.

Was hoping he would realize it would be much more fun for him in UND’s offense. No way you can watch NDSU’s offense this year and want to play receiver for them.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Are these good "gets"?  I rely totally on other people about how excited I should get for a recruiting commitment. 

Both are PWO.  Both probably have potential to be solid contributors in the future.  I like Parks size for sure.....

19 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Are these good "gets"?  I rely totally on other people about how excited I should get for a recruiting commitment. 

Like a lot of PWOs there’s no hype for these kids and maybe they end up starting. Not expecting either to be a Joe Schobert or anything though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I am not up on recruiting targets.  Is this a big get?

I was surpised we got him. I think this is a pretty big get for UND. I am not a coach or recruiter and obviously some skills a kid uses in high school may not translate to college but in watching Century play a couple times last year Schweigert was a far more noticeable force on both sides of the ball than the Leingang kid who went to Kansas State.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Agree, that’s where I see him. Staple in middle of defense. Big get, NDSU wanted him 

Big get because of the competing offers , but I think even more because of how bad we need depth and upcoming recruits for our DL. I feel like we haven’t had many DL recruits recently.