SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

6 minutes ago, Tolna said:

He knew Beau was a legacy. Roehl and Beau's uncle Alex were teammates. Beau's other uncle works with my wife and said that Alex was sending messages and videos to Roehl constantly before he chose UND.

NDSU missed. Beau is a dude. NDSU chose to recruit Raja Nelson (who was the star tribune player of the year in the cities). Beau and Raja were both early signing period signees. 

What do you classify as insiders? Entz has won a title and lost in the quarterfinals in a covid spring season with a freshman QB thrown into the mix with a roster missing a 1st round pick QB, a 2nd round pick OT, and a fourth round pick LB. if anything I think it is the OC that should end questioned.

UND is coming. I have many friends that are huge fans. I support them, we have friendly banter. My wife is a UND grad. I just happened to grow up in an ag community and family. 

Of course Roehl knew he was a legacy, Tyler and Alex played together and are friends. I said Entz didn’t approach the recruiting that way, straight from the horse’s mouth on that one. I know the family too. 

insiders=formers players network and some even closer than that.

28 minutes ago, SoSimple said:

Man, you simpletons are easy. You talk about no interest? Lol. Results are what matters. And NDSU gets those North Dakota kids. It's great to see you all try to build each other up. It's also funny. Better not waste Weah's eligibility. Lol. We all know you will. 

You certainly have the right handle.   Fits you to a "T".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

He was only ever going NDSU or FBS in my opinion. Hope we can get Luna Larson. 

That is not what people on this board were saying that supposedly were in the know. They were saying UND had a much better shot at Hegerle than most thought. Maybe even an inside track. While I don't think Entz is a great recruiter, thankfully some assistants are and the program kind of recruits itself. 

18 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

That is not what people on this board were saying that supposedly were in the know. They were saying UND had a much better shot at Hegerle than most thought. Maybe even an inside track. While I don't think Entz is a great recruiter, thankfully some assistants are and the program kind of recruits itself. 

It was NDSU vs UND.  They won.  

9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

This is accurate. 

360 thought they have probably 5 spots left in the class, which is 1/3 of the total. The offers out right now are to very good prospects, have to get the ball rolling here soon though. 

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I would say that is correct. The fact that he didn't just choose NDSU right away shows that there was interest in UND. He also went to a couple UND games and on an official visit, while liking many UND related tweets. Why would he do that if UND didn't have a shot?

13 hours ago, UND1983 said:

From a couple reliable sources, it has been between SU and UND for months.  Hegerle really liked our coaching staff and the way we recruited him.  However, there was tremendous pressure on the kid (from home, friends and, of course SU).  This pressure led him to his decision.  This isn't a criticism of the young man - it would have been a real challenge for him had he picked UND.  I would have likely made the same decision!

7 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

From a couple reliable sources, it has been between SU and UND for months.  Hegerle really liked our coaching staff and the way we recruited him.  However, there was tremendous pressure on the kid (from home, friends and, of course SU).  This pressure led him to his decision.  This isn't a criticism of the young man - it would have been a real challenge for him had he picked UND.  I would have likely made the same decision!

I don't disagree that he gave UND some good consideration.  I just felt though in the end there would be too much pressure on him to go to SU and he would go there, or FBS if he got the right offer.  This wasn't a situation like Belquist or Feeney, I'm sure NDSU was recruiting him hard from the beginning.  Definitely a good sign though that he really liked our coaching staff etc.. 

3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I actually hope the bolded part isn't true...for the kid's sake.  If NDSU is his dream school, so be it...but one of the things I think I respect the most about the Belquists and the Feeneys is that they put their allegiances aside and didn't force their kids to go somewhere they didn't want to go because of the "legacy factor."  I get that this time is different because both schools were all over Hegerle...but it's such a big decision...I'd hate to have to go somewhere because my family told me to.

I am happy to hear that we weren't an automatic no.  I think Danny's offense is helping us in recruiting...and our coaching staff seems to do a great job of selling what we can offer.  We just need to beat those guys now to take the next step imo...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Yeah look at Belquist why would any WR not want the opportunity he has gotten to play as a true freshman and make an immediate impact! Hegerle is welcome to change his mind after Oct 2………

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I don't disagree that he gave UND some good consideration.  I just felt though in the end there would be too much pressure on him to go to SU and he would go there, or FBS if he got the right offer.  This wasn't a situation like Belquist or Feeney, I'm sure NDSU was recruiting him hard from the beginning.  Definitely a good sign though that he really liked our coaching staff etc.. 

I’m not surprised he didn’t pick UND with all of the offers he had. If it were me I would want to play for Blake Anderson at Utah State. Don’t know what it is but I like the guy and what he has done at Utah State. The one thing about highly touted ND FBS recruits is have many of them been successful on these FBS teams? Most seem like they transfer back to the FCS after awhile.

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I’m not surprised he didn’t pick UND with all of the offers he had. If it were me I would want to play for Blake Anderson at Utah State. Don’t know what it is but I like the guy and what he has done at Utah State. The one thing about highly touted ND FBS recruits is have many of them been successful on these FBS teams? Most seem like they transfer back to the FCS after awhile.

McGovern was an NFL guy. What about that OL that went to Nebraska?

On 9/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, Bison06 said:

Through the grapevine I heard Entz dropped the ball on Belquist big time. Didn’t know that he was a legacy player or approach his recruiting with that in mind. 
Maybe he would have played for UND in the end anyway, but I was told he would have liked to have been a Bison but the recruiting was such a turnoff that he wouldn’t have been at NDSU even if they offered in the end.

Entz isn’t high on a lot of insiders list these days. Hopefully he figures it out or mediocrity is definitely going to seep in.

I’m not a big fan of Entz either. He is going to pull a Nebraska and ignore the local talent while trying to recruit Florida and Texas guys while the locals go one to be big time players on other teams ……. One big one being NDSU.  I think he is still riding the Bison success coattails. He is not the future for NDSU especially if they move up to the FBS. If he wants a job longer he needs to dump Roehl and his awful play calling. 

On 9/23/2021 at 8:07 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

A bit off topic, but Utah State is also having a big in state litmus test this weekend. They play 15th ranked BYU on Friday night.

Any idea if we'll have any potential recruits at the game?  If it was me, I'd maybe have a few that I think are out of our league or we have little chance at, if we lose, they probably weren't coming here anyway, but if we win and it's the amazing atmosphere we know it can be? Maybe they'll decide they wanna come here.