SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

The pod should've been the "cross-over" as tnt says. 

UND should've played 8 games, 2 per with UMD, SCSU, WMU, and Miami. 
UMD should've played 8 games, 2 per with UND, DU, UNO, and CC. 

I think that would've been better two ways -- schedule, and teams started to look fatigued during that 4 games in 7 days week they each had. 

UND's second half should've been 12 games: 2 home, 2 road with each of DU, CC, and UNO. 

Yes, that's only 20 total games. If you want 24 you do two "pairs weekends" --> DU hosts UNO then UND (Fri/Sat) and CC hosts UND then UNO (Fri/Sat). The following weekend UNO hosts CC Fri/DU Sat and UND hosts DU Fri/CC Sat. <-- There's 24 games. You could do something similar but cross over with the east four even. Why'd nobody call me? ;) 

• Upvote 2

Random factoid (per ND DOH website):

Three North Dakotans under age 30 have died of/with COVID. 

Let them play, but captains run the bench. (Sorry Bubs; you're old. :D )  

PS - Positive tests don't play or dress. If you're short-benched you have no one to blame but the idiot in the mirror. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hky said:

Any way to schedule with someone else?  Short notice, yes, but there has got to be someone else looking for games.

Doubt the NCHC allows for that at this point. 

Thank goodness the WJC will be on NHLN this weekend ... 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Doubt the NCHC allows for that at this point. 

Thank goodness the WJC will be on NHLN this weekend ... 

That is the huge positive about this.  Hopefully when we play them, we will have Kleven and Sanderson back.  

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The pod should've been the "cross-over" as tnt says. 

UND should've played 8 games, 2 per with UMD, SCSU, WMU, and Miami. 
UMD should've played 8 games, 2 per with UND, DU, UNO, and CC. 

I think that would've been better two ways -- schedule, and teams started to look fatigued during that 4 games in 7 days week they each had. 

UND's second half should've been 12 games: 2 home, 2 road with each of DU, CC, and UNO. 

Yes, that's only 20 total games. If you want 24 you do two "pairs weekends" --> DU hosts UNO then UND (Fri/Sat) and CC hosts UND then UNO (Fri/Sat). The following weekend UNO hosts CC Fri/DU Sat and UND hosts DU Fri/CC Sat. <-- There's 24 games. You could do something similar but cross over with the east four even. Why'd nobody call me? ;) 

Yes, I would have thought in order to find a deserving Penrose winner you could play a crossover series late.  Don't know how many Omaha players are out, but the powers that be had no problem with us playing a third of the season without two of our top defensemen.  They knew that the World Juniors would play a huge factor.  That said, this is an unusual year and they did their best, it just seems they could have left some wiggle room at the end of the season to mitigate the uneven schedules. 

18 hours ago, tnt said:

Yes, I would have thought in order to find a deserving Penrose winner you could play a crossover series late.  Don't know how many Omaha players are out, but the powers that be had no problem with us playing a third of the season without two of our top defensemen.  They knew that the World Juniors would play a huge factor.  That said, this is an unusual year and they did their best, it just seems they could have left some wiggle room at the end of the season to mitigate the uneven schedules. 

If you’re implying they still play without the infected, thank you but no thank you. Who knows if anyone else would be non symptomatic yet or even asymptotic. Keep our boys healthy and reschedule. 

Hell, tack the games onto future series to make them 3 gamers. 

1 hour ago, Langster019 said:

If you’re implying they still play without the infected, thank you but no thank you. Who knows if anyone else would be non symptomatic yet or even asymptotic. Keep our boys healthy and reschedule. 

Hell, tack the games onto future series to make them 3 gamers. 

Testing protocols would be what they have always been, but it sounds like they have a good standard in place as to how many players you can be missing before you have to reschedule. 

50 minutes ago, tnt said:

Testing protocols would be what they have always been, but it sounds like they have a good standard in place as to how many players you can be missing before you have to reschedule. 

Omaha must have a bunch of guys out because we all know that it's possible to play shorhanded.

46 minutes ago, tnt said:

I wonder if they are testing for antibodies in the testing they are using or if they are using more sophisticated tests?

I would guess at least 60-70% of the athletes that went to Omaha had previously had Covid and recovered.

After I was considered recovered from Covid and cleared by Cass County Public Health I was told not to get tested again for at least 90 days even if I had close contact as it was possible to still test positive for a period of time even though the virus was "dead" and not contagious.

Seems like a catch 22 situation and a never ending circle otherwise.

• Upvote 2