SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

9 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Bucci should do the intermission in the studio, but not PxP. His over-enthusiasm is good for the game, but it gets old fast.

The only time I appreciated his over-enthusiasm? Three words.

Lightning.
Strikes.
Twice. 

:D 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah I originally just put melrose, then edited my post to add Bucci. He is more likeable than Melrose but he still sucks. I’d way rather listen to Heinert and Brandt. At least they know college hockey and the teams. Bucci and Melrose sounds like they are commentating a discount video game. C’mom Bucci, we all know where Grandma keeps the peanut butter, no need to tell us anymore.

Thank you!

So the NCHC just retweeted a UNO picture of the ice at Baxter, and the red and black O is painted at center ice.

Open question...should it have been painted neutral for the "pod"?  Maybe a conference logo at center?  Was there no potential for ad revenue for non-UNO games?  Maybe the conference could have sold some dashers and ice real estate and distributed the revenue among the conference teams, or to defray pod-related expenses.  (As I recall, the NHL changed out dashers between games, so that is obviously still a possibility.)

Not saying the REA would or wouldn't be down with the same thing, and I get that UNO has obligations, too, but should the conference have stepped in?

Mostly curious what Sioux fans think.

40 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

So the NCHC just retweeted a UNO picture of the ice at Baxter, and the red and black O is painted at center ice.

Open question...should it have been painted neutral for the "pod"?  Maybe a conference logo at center?  Was there no potential for ad revenue for non-UNO games?  Maybe the conference could have sold some dashers and ice real estate and distributed the revenue among the conference teams, or to defray pod-related expenses.  (As I recall, the NHL changed out dashers between games, so that is obviously still a possibility.)

Not saying the REA would or wouldn't be down with the same thing, and I get that UNO has obligations, too, but should the conference have stepped in?

Mostly curious what Sioux fans think.

Surprised they didn't go with the NCHC logo 

Getting close to a month away from getting the season started. What are peoples thoughts on line combos heading into the season.

Kawaguchi-Pinto-Adams

Mismash-Weatherby-Caulfield

Hain-Senden-Gaber

Blaisdell-Keane-Ness

Kiersted-JBD

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Bast

Miller

Scheel/Thome

Feeney

Scratches-Moore, Rieger, Budy, Albrecht

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Getting close to a month away from getting the season started. What are peoples thoughts on line combos heading into the season.

Kawaguchi-Pinto-Adams

Hain-Senden-Gaber

Blaisdell-Keane-Ness

Kiersted-JBD

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Bast

Miller

Scheel/Thome

Feeney

Feed Rieger some chicken wings and that young man just can't be a scratch. :lol:

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Kawaguchi-Pinto-Adams

Hain-Senden-Gaber

Blaisdell-Keane-Ness

Kiersted-JBD

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Bast

Miller

Scheel/Thome

Feeney

I’m going to go with absolutely not on all of those forward lines.

Sorry. 

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Kawaguchi-Pinto-Adams

Hain-Senden-Gaber

Blaisdell-Keane-Ness

Kiersted-JBD

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Bast

Miller

Scheel/Thome

Feeney

I don’t think keane stands a chance. That D core is deep. Moore is a 5th rounder. Miller would obviously play but his situation is iffy.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Kawaguchi-Pinto-Adams

Hain-Senden-Gaber

Blaisdell-Keane-Ness

Kiersted-JBD

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Bast

Miller

Scheel/Thome

Feeney

Those D pairings look nice.  But I'd do this with the forwards:

Kawaguchi – Adams – Mismash
Gaber – Pinto – Caulfield
Blaisdell – Weatherby – Budy
Hain – Senden – Ness

Or maybe switch Mismash and Caulfield for a little more balance.  

On 10/27/2020 at 5:05 PM, UNDlaw80 said:

Hain – Senden – Ness

I like these...

Schlossman’s stories have been weak with the season a month away now. He could of continued weekly recap of practice and/or taking this unique time to interview players to bring out their personalities. Idk, get creative. In addition, I feel like he’s been behind the 8-ball on recent recruits and didn’t even report to my knowledge that a de-commit in Rizzo went back to the BCHL. 

Not a lot of news reported in October besides the unfortunate incident. With DP leaving the Herald, maybe you won’t get the creative/video interaction with the players moving forward. 

On 10/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, UNDlaw80 said:

Hain – Senden – Ness

I think this is the winner.  Keep those older guys on the top unit and let them just lean on teams and produce.

I think Reiger would be a good addition to the Hain-Senden line, although I see him listed as a d man. Guy alway plays with an edge and would be great playing against other top units.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think this is the winner.  Keep those older guys on the top unit and let them just lean on teams and produce.

I think Reiger would be a good addition to the Hain-Senden line, although I see him listed as a d man. Guy alway plays with an edge and would be great playing against other top units.

Sorry but no on this. Let's not move a D to forward unless we absolutely have to. I think we have enough forwards to fill out the lines properly and much more talented than Reiger. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Schlossman’s stories have been weak with the season a month away now. He could of continued weekly recap of practice and/or taking this unique time to interview players to bring out their personalities. Idk, get creative. In addition, I feel like he’s been behind the 8-ball on recent recruits and didn’t even report to my knowledge that a de-commit in Rizzo went back to the BCHL. 

Not a lot of news reported in October besides the unfortunate incident. With DP leaving the Herald, maybe you won’t get the creative/video interaction with the players moving forward. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6563579-Former-UND-commit-Massimo-Rizzo-to-re-open-recruitment

34 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Sorry, I used up my one free Heraldo article for the month...can someone give me the lowdown here?:D

The article is from July. Just stating that Rizzo asked for a release from his LOI, and is reopening his recruitment. It still list MM as a commit in the article ... just old news.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, UNDlaw80 said:

Hain – Senden – Ness

This looks pretty decent