SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

On 10/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, nodakgirl93 said:

The division games are interesting. Is it two 3 game series home and away or three 2 game series. Unless it's in the article and I missed it who would get the extra home series.

I hadn't thought of three games series, but that would be a great way to cut cost and minimize travel.  In that case I'd guess UND and Omaha would each play DU and CC once apiece in the pod.  That would allow DU and CC to play all there games against each other in Colorado and UND and Omaha would play each other in two three game series.  You could also set up scheduled for the DU and CC trips are back to back, with a Friday-Saturday series followed by a Thursday-Saturday series, and only make one flight, staying in Colorado during the week.

1 hour ago, 1972 said:

now that doc emerick has retired from calling NHL games, how cool would it be to have him call the games in omaha?  i know that its highly unlikely, but damn that would be so cool to hear.   one can dream

Yeah, that would be great!

3 hours ago, 1972 said:

now that doc emerick has retired from calling NHL games, how cool would it be to have him call the games in omaha?  i know that its highly unlikely, but damn that would be so cool to hear.   one can dream

That would be cool, I think he did the MN HS Hockey Tourney a few years back. Could we start a petition to have him do the Frozen Four and replace Bucci and Melrose?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I wonder if UND will try to schedule any OOC games during a bye week? There are several bussable openents. My guess is that it would depend on the, yeah, usual issue these days.

I don't see any non con unless it's prior to bubble and those would need to happen by Nov 13-14. Best bet might be an exhibition against Bemidji 

7 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

I don't see any non con unless it's prior to bubble and those would need to happen by Nov 13-14. Best bet might be an exhibition against Bemidji 

I'm on the opposite end of this.  I don't think teams are likely to want to start sooner than the bubble.   I would think the league would want to make sure teams come into the bubble "clean", and didn't Schlossman say UND will start their season in the Bubble.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I'm on the opposite end of this.  I don't think teams are likely to want to start sooner than the bubble.   I would think the league would want to make sure teams come into the bubble "clean", and didn't Schlossman say UND will start their season in the Bubble.

True. But how many of our team and staff have already had the Rona?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Or just kick Bucci out...please.

Yeah I originally just put melrose, then edited my post to add Bucci. He is more likeable than Melrose but he still sucks. I’d way rather listen to Heinert and Brandt. At least they know college hockey and the teams. Bucci and Melrose sounds like they are commentating a discount video game. C’mom Bucci, we all know where Grandma keeps the peanut butter, no need to tell us anymore.

• Like 1