SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Curious if the cardboard selfie things that you see in the seats at rinks, are they something fans pay to do, I don't see any advertisements for that sort of thing.

Just saw this link on Twitter, for a cool $50 your picture can attend the game in person: https://shop.fancutouts.com/products/university-of-nebraska-omaha :unsure:

Got a long email today from REA regarding season tickets. 1,000 seats for Hockey & Football, 600 BB & VB.
6 options available.

Alternate text

Pending local health department and local government approval, we now have some capacity numbers to work with. Simply stated, we may be allowed to have a small numbers of fans at our upcoming games, but we most certainly will not be able to accommodate everyone that wants or deserves to be in attendance. We have a real challenge in front of us. We have one of the best fan bases in college athletics and now have to figure out how we determine who is going to be allowed to purchase a small number of tickets for each of our games. This is certainly new and uncharted territory for us as we’re usually in the business of trying to maximize attendance, not minimize it.

Current state guidelines restrict us to a maximum of 1,000 fans at Ralph Engelstad Arena and Alerus Center for hockey and football. For basketball and volleyball, we are limited to 600 fans in the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center. Although we wish we could pack the house, that won’t be an option for us this season, for a variety of reasons. The new Large Gathering protocols along with the Governor’s executive order outline clearly what we are allowed to do, and tell us what we need to do to make that happen.

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Got a long email today regarding season tickets. 1,000 seats for Hockey & Football, 600 BB & VB.

Alternate text

Pending local health department and local government approval, we now have some capacity numbers to work with. Simply stated, we may be allowed to have a small numbers of fans at our upcoming games, but we most certainly will not be able to accommodate everyone that wants or deserves to be in attendance. We have a real challenge in front of us. We have one of the best fan bases in college athletics and now have to figure out how we determine who is going to be allowed to purchase a small number of tickets for each of our games. This is certainly new and uncharted territory for us as we’re usually in the business of trying to maximize attendance, not minimize it.

Current state guidelines restrict us to a maximum of 1,000 fans at Ralph Engelstad Arena and Alerus Center for hockey and football. For basketball and volleyball, we are limited to 600 fans in the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center. Although we wish we could pack the house, that won’t be an option for us this season, for a variety of reasons. The new Large Gathering protocols along with the Governor’s executive order outline clearly what we are allowed to do, and tell us what we need to do to make that happen.

Same.....so 1000 x 8 games.

BTW 1800+ at Force game Friday.

Hello everyone,

In the past there was some wonderful people that would hook us lowly people with a youtube stream for those that don't have midco and don't have NCHC TV. I was wondering if there was any awesome people that would do the same again? UND games would be great but I would take all the games if someone is willing. I'd be willing to through some money at them as well.

Please??

22 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Looking forward to the best freshmen class of the past decade for us (even after involuntary attrition) as well as some breakout/swan song seasons from returning players.

Who fills Smith's role as shutdown defensive forward on the grind line?

Rieger.....if/when he gets an opportunity 

57 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Looking forward to the best freshmen class of the past decade for us (even after involuntary attrition) as well as some breakout/swan song seasons from returning players.

Ness

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Rieger.....if/when he gets an opportunity 

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I'd love to see Keane get that role, but not sure he has that size. Rieger isn't fast enough, IMO.

47 minutes ago, coltssiouxfan said:

So how many of us who are usually season ticket holders for hockey aren’t gonna be able to get? I’m sure I’m one of the STH who won’t make it :(

Does REA give everyone the opportunity to donate their season ticket money even though they can’t attend the games?:glare:

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

No one. 

• Upvote 3

How can the Ralph not use the upper bowl as well as the lower to fit more people and still spread them out?  1000 people seems very low.  With capacity at 11640, that's roughly 8.5% of capacity, yet the Betty which seats 3600 can hold 600 in attendance, 16% capacity and less room to "social distance".  

With an 8 game schedule at home this season and attendance capped at 1000, in my opinion, tickets could be spread around rather than all going to the same 1000 people.  Give NDCC members with higher priority points first choice at which game to attend.  Continue to move through the list/games until gone.  Better chance for all to at least attend 1 game.  

All 1000 tickets for 8 games being sold as a package to the same people is going to create a high priced resale ticket on Craigslist this season and could result in fewer than the 1000 in attendance when those tickets aren't resold.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Has anyone seen a program booklet like they have every year with pictures of the players and staff, full schedule, roster in numerical order showing previous team for each player plus other news?  I used to keep it next to me, especially for radio games, to help keep a visual feel of the team.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/72d52557-ae80-48d6-9aa2-27674be387b3

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6784604-Reg-Morellis-family-says-its-incredible-that-UND-will-wear-helmet-stickers-to-honor-the-all-time-great

When No. 1 UND takes the ice for the first time at 3:35 p.m. today against Miami in Baxter Arena, all Fighting Hawks players will have stickers on their helmets honoring all-time great Reg Morelli, who died last month in Minot at the age of 84.

• Upvote 4