SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So'd they have a big ol' "we're watching you poo" sign outside the public restrooms? :D 

31 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

What’s your obsession with hand-washing? All mitigation factors shouldn’t be weighted evenly. Distancing is responsible for about 95% of the mitigation. Mask-wearing about 4.9%, and washing hands about .1%. 

Thanks NDSU  I find this information helpful and hopeful. 

Masks are helpful but certainly not the most critical in containing. Are folks willing to social distance at least?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I would expect the tax increases to be tiered based on the amount of profit reported. Would surprise me to see them going after incremental gains in tax revenue on middle class businesses. Shouldn't the high earners pay their share? Not even going into the whole "redistribution of wealth" argument (which has its own merits), but the top 1% has been gaming the system and not paying their share of taxes for decades. Needs to change, and quickly.

Taxes will need to go up under some administration in our lifetimes - our deficit spending increased under Trump to nearly a trillion dollars in 2019, and that's no way to run a country. The bill for all of the COVID stimulus is going to come due at some point as well.

Yeah those big democrat donors need to start paying their fair share! Funny how Obama and the supermajority didn’t take care of that when they had total control. If you think the democrats are the savior to finally getting the rich to lay more you are in a fantasy land!

• Upvote 1

Gov Kate Brown of Oregon is telling neighbors to call the police if they see those breaking her "law" about private household gatherings  over Thanksgiving. Not a geography  major but isn't Portland  in Oregon?

16 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Thanks NDSU  I find this information helpful and hopeful. 

Masks are helpful but certainly not the most critical in containing. Are folks willing to social distance at least?

This was fear about promoting from the get-go.  That it was better than distancing.  Every time I'd see 1000 people in a protest with masks on it would make me cringe.  But the way mask-wearing was being promoted transmission would be impossible.  It was so messed up.

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Gov Kate Brown of Oregon is telling neighbors to call the police if they see those breaking her "law" about private household gatherings  over Thanksgiving. Not a geography  major but isn't Portland  in Oregon?

How Tyrannical. 

54 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

What’s your obsession with hand-washing? All mitigation factors shouldn’t be weighted evenly. Distancing is responsible for about 95% of the mitigation. Mask-wearing about 4.9%, and washing hands about .1%. 

Sounds about right.  I think we'll find out that it's spread by aerosolized mist which masks don't stop.  Masks only help if you spit when you talk.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

This was fear about promoting from the get-go.  That it was better than distancing.  Every time I'd see 1000 people in a protest with masks on it would make me cringe.  But the way mask-wearing was being promoted transmission would be impossible.  It was so messed up.

Like I have said before, with regard to Covid transmission, I would rather be 10-12 feet away from someone with neither of us wearing masks vs. sitting across a table or next to someone at a table with both of us wearing masks.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The former sheriff of Milwaukee offers this ...

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I hear cow bells, go back to pasture.

Struggling to follow? What do cattle have to do with me?

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Biden solicits donations to fund his P transition as T blocks federal $

There is a 0% chance that donations will go to transition expenses lol.  But hey money is money

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Okay, from the top.....AGAIN....:silly:

Straws-NOT OKAY

Heroine-OKAY

Thanksgiving-NOT OKAY

Meth-OKAY.

Pumping your own gas-NOT OKAY

LSD-OKAY

You need any more help with Oregon law let me know....

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I said before the biggest change/mutation in the pandemic/virus will occur in January.  With immunity changes and vaccines available, the ground work is being laid.

Walz and Newsom are salivating.  Covid-19 has given them such an ego trip that they can't wait for Covid-21

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

Walz and Newsom are salivating.  Covid-19 has given them such an ego trip that they can't wait for Covid-21

Any pandemic that can get record amounts of votes for a personality like Joe Biden will for sure make a return in ‘22 and ‘24.  Can’t waste it on a ‘21 model