SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/president-trumps-new-record-the-longest-time-without-a-formal-press-conference-in-half-a-century

And would you look at that...Barn's claim of "unprecedented lack of press conferences" is shot down. Trump apparently has the modern record when it comes to NOT doing press conferences.

Man, this is too easy.

I think Trump’s refusal to take any questions at his other non-press conference appearances. He’s obviously not shy about sharing his opinion, but do we really want the lead statesman of this country primarily communicating via Twitter?

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You said its unprecedented that he hasn't done a press conference. The article I posted said he had went over a year without doing one. He tweeted during that time frame as well.

Since you are sticking with this point, the only conclusion left to be had is that you arent familiar with what precedent means.

I'm sorry you have a problem with unprecedented, maybe a better word, correspondent Brian Stelter made the claim and the story is grabbed by the Media today.

This is an unprecedented streak of silence for the President of the United States,” CNN Chief Media Correspondent Brian Stelter said on “Reliable Sources” Sunday.

By Alexis Benveniste, CNN Business  8 hrs ago
Trump is in an unprecedented streak of silence 

Newsweek

Christina Zhao  3 hrs ago

This is an unprecedented streak of silence for the President of the United States

WORLD

Trump is in an unprecedented streak of silence – Jaweb

By  Elmoudjaweb   November 22, 2020

NOV 22, 2020

WORLD NEWS

November 22, 2020

MBNC News

November 22, 2020

ON and ON and ON

Yea, it’s not even about press conferences per se.  It’s about him shutting himself away from the public.  This is thoroughly un-Trump like behavior.  .  

Trump thrives on attention.    Hell, when he had Covid he felt the need to release videos and take a joy ride to wave at his supporters.  I think he’s embarrassed of losing to Sleepy Joe and is having difficulty processing the situation.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Her entire statement:

“I agree with the statement today. I will represent /#WeThePeople and seek the Truth. I intend to expose all the fraud and let the chips fall where they may. We will not allow the foundations of this great Republic to be destroyed by abject fraud."

There's no evidence this was planned together.  If it was, anyone with a functioning brain would've let her put out the first statement.  She was forced to play catch-up with her statement.  And her tone is oddly different.   Let the cards fall where they may?  Really?

But whatever, if she had undeniable proof, she'd be gathering a team of the country's finest lawyers.  In every capacity.  That's like the 1st thing any rational person would do to destroy Biden and turn the world upside down.  Instead we've been treated to ****show press conferences with her tweeting ‘Release the Kraken,’.  So juvenile, incompetent and stupid.  It blows my mind that people take this stuff seriously.  

Could there be negative election goods on both parties and therefore T's lawyers want nothing to do with it?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Could there be negative election goods on both parties and therefore T's lawyers want nothing to do with it?

I don't think she has any negative election goods.    But she has no problem with throwing conservatives under the bus who aren't in line with Trump.   She's thrown some crazy accusations against GA's governor and the DOJ.  That just might be too much for even the Donald.  They're pre-emptively distancing themselves from her conspiracies.       

One thing is for sure, Republican are eating their own.  If you're not thoroughly adherent to Trump, you're a target.  Trump dominates the GOP through fear.  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I think Trump’s refusal to take any questions at his other non-press conference appearances. He’s obviously not shy about sharing his opinion, but do we really want the lead statesman of this country primarily communicating via Twitter?

I'm generally focused on the function of something rather than the appearance of it.  Twitter has actually been remarkably effective for someone like The Donald.  If your chief concern was that the media will twist your words or frame questions in a way that whatever answer you give is bad, Twitter works great because you can communicate directly with the people without the medium of media getting in the way as much.  See for example, the "very fine people" hoax.  The media cuts a sentence from his statement and claimed he said it about Nazis when he SPECIFICALLY excluded them.  When you have a hostile media, you can get around them by tweeting your thoughts on a subject.  I get it.

Whether he should or shouldn't is not something I care about.  Others seem to have stronger opinions on it.  Hell, I'd be fine if a President never made themselves available.  Just do your job lol.  Many folks seem to want to look at them as a role model or some other nonsense.  If I was POTUS I'd either be in ND hanging out or at the White House shuffling papers while pretending to be busy lol.

50 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm sorry you have a problem with unprecedented, maybe a better word, correspondent Brian Stelter made the claim and the story is grabbed by the Media today.

This is an unprecedented streak of silence for the President of the United States,” CNN Chief Media Correspondent Brian Stelter said on “Reliable Sources” Sunday.

Brian Stelter has the self-awareness and intelligence of a potato (while also remarkably bearing a resemblance to one as well).  Dude is an idiot.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Daily more R publicly announce they accept Biden as the winner. By weeks end, T won't have many left standing.

I'm more interested in if more R's will denounce Trump's actions if Biden is announced winner. Especially since he would be in a position that holds no power over them. Will they continue the Trump Fraud train? Or will they remain silent and act as if fraud never happened?

2 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Get ready for some gasket work I think. I live somewhere with a crazy high cost of living, and that's my choice. I'm sure your location helps you pull down the decent coin you reference, and it's your choice to make that balance work for you or not. Additionally, I wouldn't expect that income to be in the 1%, not nationally and certainly not in those areas. 

If they raised the federal tax 3% in your bracket (wild a$$ guess on that increment, I'm no tax code scholar and am not going to pretend to be in a six minute internet effort), you'd be looking at an extra $12k at $400 annual. $1k a month at that monthly income level isn't a deal breaker. If it is, you're not doing it right. Will it somewhat impact some financial goals or some additional discretionary spending? Sure. The bigger problem is obviously the uber wealthy that have tax shelter upon tax shelter and hardly pay a nickel in taxes to this great country we're all haggling about.

It’s not that I would have a problem with them raising the highest marginal rate by 3% in theory. 

My problem is twofold.

First, as soon as the tax rate is increased the Democratic Party will say they need to raise taxes on the rich so they pay their “fair share”.  No one ever defines “fair share”.  Enough is never enough for some. 

Secondly, increased revenue will be used to add additional spending programs or increase existing ones.  The new spending increase will suck up all the new revenue and then some.  This, of course, will lead to demands that the rich pay their “fair share”.

The fiscal irresponsibility of Congress never ends. 

The Republican Party is just as bad but in a different way.  They continually want to cut taxes but won’t tie it to spending cuts.

We need some way to tie term limits with balanced budgets.  Not sure how you do that but it is obvious Congress won’t do it on their own. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner   

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner   

Breaking News:    Bold Statement - Shocker 

AAywOab.img?h=29&w=29&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f&f=png    FOX News
Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz gives his analysis on the state of election lawsuits
'Legal theory' supports election lawsuits but evidence is crucial

37 minutes ago, dynato said:

I'm more interested in if more R's will denounce Trump's actions if Biden is announced winner. Especially since he would be in a position that holds no power over them. Will they continue the Trump Fraud train? Or will they remain silent and act as if fraud never happened?

Why is that a concern for you considering the Dem tried to take Trump down starting right after the inauguration???

13 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Why is that a concern for you considering the Dem tried to take Trump down starting right after the inauguration???

It is not a concern what so ever. Just would like to see how everyone is playing the game and if it changes. As in Trump was known to throw attacks against his own party if they didn't offer him undying loyalty, I am curious to see how this dynamic changes if he is no longer in power.

• Upvote 1

There's a system of checks and balances in our government for a reason. Trump does/says something questionable and the government checks it out. The balance is Trump did nothing wrong and so no action was taken against him and he remained in power the entire time. IMO it is to everyone's best interest to not frame checks as malicious unnecessary attacks, they are a good method of keeping politicians at least somewhat inline. If Biden starts firing people who oversee him and does blatantly shady stuff while president, or his family, I would want him investigated for it and removed from office if they have merit. I wouldn't want Dems to protect Biden at all costs and say "Republicans are being mean and unfair trying to take down our precious Biden :(".

9 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Get ready for some gasket work I think. I live somewhere with a crazy high cost of living, and that's my choice. I'm sure your location helps you pull down the decent coin you reference, and it's your choice to make that balance work for you or not. Additionally, I wouldn't expect that income to be in the 1%, not nationally and certainly not in those areas. 

If they raised the federal tax 3% in your bracket (wild a$$ guess on that increment, I'm no tax code scholar and am not going to pretend to be in a six minute internet effort), you'd be looking at an extra $12k at $400 annual. $1k a month at that monthly income level isn't a deal breaker. If it is, you're not doing it right. Will it somewhat impact some financial goals or some additional discretionary spending? Sure. The bigger problem is obviously the uber wealthy that have tax shelter upon tax shelter and hardly pay a nickel in taxes to this great country we're all haggling about.

Please enlighten us on these tax shelters?

8 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Has B taken a hard question in the last 6 months?  What's his foreign policies?  No one knows what he stands for.  SAD.  Media sucks.

43 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Please enlighten us on these tax shelters?

Im definitely not saying tax shelters are partisan. Rich people both blue and red have tools at their disposal to avoid paying taxes that normal folk simply don’t have.  When you see some of the effective tax rates paid by the wealthy, it’s pretty crazy and counterintuitive to how things should work in a healthy society. In my opinion at least, obviously. 

• Upvote 1

Wealth and income are two very different things.  If you have a high income you can become wealthy over time, but they are different concepts.  

the 1% in CA is about $650k, nationwide it’s about $500k.  If you are earning that as a w2 employee somewhere you don’t have a ton of tax “loopholes” 

The two Queens of repeating others false statements as facts with claims of having the goods hid in their office.
Caught here comparing notes before the lies hit the mic. We'll see if they bring forth any evidence this week?

a man wearing a suit and tie: Former Mayor of New York Rudy Giuliani, left, listens to Sidney Powell, both lawyers for President Donald Trump, during a news conference at the Republican National Committee headquarters, Nov. 19, 2020, in Washington.
© Jacquelyn Martin, AP Former Mayor of New York Rudy Giuliani, left, listens to Sidney Powell, both lawyers for President Donald Trump,
during a news conference at the Republican National Committee headquarters, Nov. 19, 2020, in Washington.

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The "Breaking News" is T trying to steal the election.

ok...how about addressing my question instead of obsessing about your favorite topic. I actually responded to something you posted.

• Upvote 1

This is what I was talking about. This is how the adoring, loving, clapping seal media will treat a Biden and Harris administration. Softball questions and no follow up. 

Joe Biden: Why Are Reporters Asking Me Questions?

Former Vice President Joe Biden isn’t used to getting real questions. On Friday, Biden appeared dumbfounded as to why a reporter was asking the projected Democratic presidential-elect a question as the press pool was being scurried away by staff.

The media gave a preview of how it would treat a Biden administration on Monday, when Biden began speaking with reporters, who lobbed him softball questions. Joe Concha, a media reporter for The Hill, dubbed the incoming presidential press corps “The new marshmallow media in the Biden era,” in a column published Thursday.

• Upvote 1