SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That grand a month is fewer meals out at restaurants, fewer trips to entertainment venues*. That harms the folks that work those jobs. 

* ... when we can do those things again. :( 

I think it’s funny how some minimize stealing what we earned. Ah. It’s only a 1000 bucks a month more. Yeah, hard pass. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Really not that big a deal.

Consider it an instant weigh loss program. :D 

PS - I've had two colonoscopies in my life -- neither with sedation. I did the reading on the drugs they use and I'm not convinced they're a good option. Uncomfortable? For a total of maybe 90 seconds (spread over three or four instances) over 20 minutes. Give me the choice of finding out the hard way I'm not wearing a cup playing hockey or no sedation, it's no sedation. 

15 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So washing hands is not suggested to those who already had the virus?

dang, you are sure positive that nobody washes their hands.  it is your first go to all the time.  most, and i feel pretty comfortable saying this, most people wash their hand quit frequently throughout the day, no matter what is going on in the world

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

My guy has you mix an over the counter with Gatorade. The lemon-lime Gatorade hides the mix ... until it shows up in other ways. :D 

Great, this conversation declined. :0 :0 :) :) :) Glad I know that for next time. The knockout drug they give you was fun. :) 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That's the point.
All these preventive measures need to fit together, instead of fighting/resisting them. 
Trumperville program.

Lol what are you rambling about now? Has anyone said "hey don't wash your hands" or what is your weird fascination with it?

17 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So washing hands is not suggested to those who already had the virus?

What’s your obsession with hand-washing? All mitigation factors shouldn’t be weighted evenly. Distancing is responsible for about 95% of the mitigation. Mask-wearing about 4.9%, and washing hands about .1%. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Consider it an instant weigh loss program. :D 

PS - I've had two colonoscopies in my life -- neither with sedation. I did the reading on the drugs they use and I'm not convinced they're a good option. Uncomfortable? For a total of maybe 90 seconds (spread over three or four instances) over 20 minutes. Give me the choice of finding out the hard way I'm not wearing a cup playing hockey or no sedation, it's no sedation. 

I actually woke up during the middle of my procedure, but when right back to sleep. I think they gave me more nighty night drug. 

1 minute ago, 1972 said:

dang, you are sure positive that nobody washes their hands.  it is your first go to all the time.  most, and i feel pretty comfortable saying this, most people wash their hand quit frequently throughout the day, no matter what is going on in the world

I remember something couple years ago about cameras in men's and women's bathrooms at a MN hockey game and was like only 30% / 35% respectfully washed their hands.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Caution Viewer Discretion:
That stuff flew out with such force that the toilet flushed by itself.

Oh yeah!
OH YEAH! 

It came flying so fast otta me I got jet-propulsion lift off the seat!  :0

;)
:D

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Good point. And agreed.  It's just a little frustrating that a vaccine that is 90% effective on young people and still makes some of them sick is seen as the fix for a virus that doesn't significantly impact 95% of young people anyway.

Yup......It's about getting back to some "normalcy" for most of the population.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I remember something couple years ago about cameras in men's and women's bathrooms at a MN hockey game and was like only 30% / 35% respectfully washed their hands.

Whaddaya expect from Gopher fans? :D 

Folks don't wash their hands when they should. If there's one of those "open door with foot" plates on a public rest room, I use it because so few wash and then use the door handle. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

WAITAMINUTE ... cameras in lavatories are illegal. How'd they do that. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, NDSU grad said:

What’s your obsession with hand-washing? All mitigation factors shouldn’t be weighted evenly. Distancing is responsible for about 95% of the mitigation. Mask-wearing about 4.9%, and washing hands about .1%. 

That's the point, most extreme cult posters on here only use masks when chewing on their rights,  so I use washing hands to balance it out.
All preventive measure need to be used correctly and together.

In fact a lot of my posts are to kind of balance it out on this thread. Keep the clicks for SS, thx 4 stopn by.  Most posters don't see the lying by the Loser.