SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Biden is obsessed with the “dark winter.”  

Heaven forbid we express some optimism about this cou ntry.  I guess that doesn’t fit the narrative that we need to burn the Constitution and set up the new People’s Democratic Republic of America...

He says that every time he comments on anything Covid. Every single time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hypothetical...

a county in michigan has 100k residents and 50k of them registered to vote...after the election all the ballots are counted and sent to the state capital with 150k votes for Biden and 25k votes for Trump....the county signs off on the numbers even though the numbers are waaaaaay out of line....

what's the next process?

I have no idea because this scenario is so out of the realm of possibility in modern times.  It could only occur in fairy tales. 

I'd assume, before any legal action occurred, the citizenry would rise up en masse for something so blatant.    

• Upvote 1

ABC News
Trump campaign loses 5 more cases in Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision
40 mins ago

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court Monday issued opinions rejecting 5 lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court Monday issued opinions rejecting five lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Sorry to break your hearth, but dark winter is a cult headache missfire. Get over it, take the blinders off.

Biden talks about it on a daily basis...literally warns Americans about the “dark winter” coming. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I just caught the tail end but dobbs had it flashing on the screen-I assumed it was dobb’s opinion 

We are in amazing times.    Elements of the GOP are now publicly ostracizing their own members for carrying out their election duties as they deem appropriate.  If you're not on board with the plan to overturn the election?...sorry you’re blacklisted.    I mean we're talking about the will of the voter here.      

Here we have the GOP screaming ‘fraud’, yet they’re the entity bringing countess frivolous lawsuits, espousing ridiculous conspiracies that haven’t once held up in court, and are eating their own members who don’t toe the line. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We are in amazing times.    Elements of the GOP are now publicly ostracizing their own members for carrying out their election duties as they deem appropriate.  If you're not on board with the plan to overturn the election?...sorry you’re blacklisted.    I mean we're talking about the will of the voter here.      

Here we have the GOP screaming ‘fraud’, yet they’re the entity bringing countess frivolous lawsuits, espousing ridiculous conspiracies that haven’t once held up in court, and are eating their own members who don’t toe the line. 

Aren't the Ds pretty much eating their own, as well?  Not sure why you are so excited about that.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Tomorrow, Georgia's 159 counties start recounting the approximately 5 million votes.

T requested a machine recount. This third count to be done by midnight Dec. 2.

Suspect this will increase President Elect Bidens 6+ mi[[ion popu;ar vote

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Tomorrow, Georgia's 159 counties start recounting the approximately 5 million votes.

T requested a machine recount. This third count to be done by midnight Dec. 2.

Machine gonna machine. The same number will come out.

I thought the issue was which votes to count meaning late or signature issues.

If you don’t look at that, machine gonna machine. Recount is waste of time if you just run same stack through. 

• Upvote 2

Vladimir Putin wasted no time in weaponizing Trump's election conspiracies to spread Russian propaganda
ssheth@businessinsider.com (Sonam Sheth)  3 hrs ago

• Russian President Vladimir Putin has wasted no time in seizing on US President Donald Trump's conspiracy theories about the 2020 election to boost Russia's strategic goals.
  • In addition to saying he will not congratulate President-elect Joe Biden while claiming the results are not clear, Putin said the "problems in the US electoral system" mean the US doesn't have the right to criticize how other countries run their elections.
  • The remarks are a stark representation of how Trump's unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud and election-rigging enabled Putin to use a classic Soviet propaganda tool known as "whataboutism" to undermine US principles about free and fair elections.
  • Trump's attempt to paint the US election as rigged "plays directly into Putin's primary objective, which isn't necessarily to get a specific person elected, but to sow discord and reinforce the view that American democracy doesn't work well," said John McLaughlin, the former acting CIA director.

Vladimir Putin wasted no time in weaponizing Trump's election conspiracies to spread Russian propaganda (msn.com)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Machine gonna machine. The same number will come out.

I thought the issue was which votes to count meaning late or signature issues.

If you don’t look at that, machine gonna machine. Recount is waste of time if you just run same stack through. 

They want the machine to come up with a little difference in the count. Remember your Jan. comment.

40 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

He says that every time he comments on anything Covid. Every single time.

How can he take any credit unless he paints a dark picture? 

Really remarkable to think that a year ago we knew nothing about this virus. Now we have 3 vaccines, supplying ventilators to the world and much lower death rates (not where they want to be but not the 22,000 predicted by Walz).  

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I’ll say it again: can we contract with Canada to run our next national election? All paper ballots and hand counts. 

Have you been sounding the alarm that our elections aren't run properly prior to 2020? Or did this go from zero to national crisis in one election cycle? I'll assume the latter.

Do you think your attitude towards our elections has been influenced by the Trump campaign? Their only path to remain in power is to remove public faith in the election process, disenfranchise the votes of every American (especially the ones that voted against them), and throw a Hail Mary trying to get in front of a Supreme Court that they think they've stacked. It won't work, and they know it - but they'll do it anyways. Horrifyingly un-American, and a sadly tragic and predictable end to what I hope is the most far-right President this country ever elects. Our election process is fine - it's only now that Trump lost that we're talking about it.

On another note, Canada does a ton of things well that we could learn from. Health care, cannabis, all-dressed chips, and they've got the hockey thing down. I'll always owe them for the road trips out of Walsh Hall to the peeler bars.

• Upvote 4