SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

REALLY, take the blinders offffff.

That he concedes the election.

So, let's get this straight. You expect him to do a press conference conceding the election...but you also mention that he has been tweeting about election fraud. If he gave a press conference, I suspect he would not be doing it to concede the election. 

If you haven't figured it out yet, he probably isn't going to do some Al Gore concession speech circa 2000. It seems much more probable at this point he's content to follow the Stacey Abrams 2018 approach where he never concedes or acknowledges that he lost. Sorry he's taking something very dear from you but the Sun will still come up tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

This from tonight. 

32664DCF-979A-411D-8289-C892F4877673.jpeg

Jesus some of these folks are insane. Literally anything good/bad/ugly, doesn't matter, its somehow a positive lol. 

Donald could literally have a heart attack tonight and be in a coma and they'd find a way to say "actually this is good for his lawsuits. He will be inaugurated again after he wakes up."

• Upvote 1

If I ever hear someone call for “fair share” again for “1%” I’m going to blow a gasket.  Basically, in the major coastal cities if you aren’t in the 1% you are proper f’d financially.  People making $400k-$800k are victims of envy politics big time. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

So, let's get this straight. You expect him to do a press conference conceding the election...but you also mention that he has been tweeting about election fraud. If he gave a press conference, I suspect he would not be doing it to concede the election. 

If you haven't figured it out yet, he probably isn't going to do some Al Gore concession speech circa 2000. It seems much more probable at this point he's content to follow the Stacey Abrams 2018 approach where he never concedes or acknowledges that he lost. Sorry he's taking something very dear from you but the Sun will still come up tomorrow. 

Spin it back at you.
You expect him to continue lying in tweets?
This is an unprecedented press conference streak of silence for T.

6 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

If I ever hear someone call for “fair share” again for “1%” I’m going to blow a gasket.  Basically, in the major coastal cities if you aren’t in the 1% you are proper f’d financially.  People making $400k-$800k are victims of envy politics big time. 

Throw in "redistribution of wealth" as well.

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Spin it back at you.
You expect him to continue lying in tweets?
This is an unprecedented press conference streak of silence for T.

Do I expect Donald to continue acting like Donald? Yes. Do I think it really matters? Not particularly.

He spoke like a week or so ago im pretty sure, a podcast I listen to had mentioned it anyway. I am not sure what protocol is for presidential press conferences are in a lame duck period, nor do I really care.

Donald Trump is far and away the single most transparent and available president in history. He tweets throughout the day, he fires people over Twitter, etc. No one ever has or probably ever will be as open as Donald Trump is.

I have no idea what you think a press conference is going to accomplish. Zero. None. Zip. He has made it perfectly clear to anyone reading his tweets how he feels about the election. 

Since you already know he thinks he got robbed via his Twitter, that should tell you enough. Do you want him to give a press conference where he basically just reads his tweets (that you apparently have already read)?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/president-trumps-new-record-the-longest-time-without-a-formal-press-conference-in-half-a-century

And would you look at that...Barn's claim of "unprecedented lack of press conferences" is shot down. Trump apparently has the modern record when it comes to NOT doing press conferences.

Man, this is too easy.

15 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/president-trumps-new-record-the-longest-time-without-a-formal-press-conference-in-half-a-century

And would you look at that...Barn's claim of "unprecedented lack of press conferences" is shot down. Trump apparently has the modern record when it comes to NOT doing press conferences.

Man, this is too easy.

Again,

T yet to answer 1 Press question since the election, but almost daily tweets of widespread D voter fraud / stolen election.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

This seems like a non story. Read the statement.

This isn't a non story.  Team Trump is purposely making it a story by going public.  There's no legal requirement to announce this, nor have they for any other non-team attorney.  There's a reason they did this. 

The most logical explanation is they know what she's bringing, and they want to publicly distance themselves from her.  

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This isn't a non story.  Team Trump is purposely making it a story by going public.  There's no legal requirement to announce this, nor have they for any other non-team attorney.  There's a reason they did this. 

The most logical explanation is they know what she's bringing, and they want to publicly distancing themselves from her.  

Giuliani is a gutter slurp, reposts decaying falsehoods immediately upon his discovery.
This was all in line with his Brand, I've proof somewhere. Should be interesting?

12 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The most logical explanation is they know what she's bringing, and they want to publicly distance themselves from her.  

And the fact that Sidney Powell issued a statement that she agrees with Guiliani? They planned this together.

25 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Again,

T yet to answer 1 Press question since the election, but almost daily tweets of widespread D voter fraud / stolen election.

You said its unprecedented that he hasn't done a press conference. The article I posted said he had went over a year without doing one. He tweeted during that time frame as well.

Since you are sticking with this point, the only conclusion left to be had is that you arent familiar with what precedent means.

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Do you have a link to it?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rudy-giuliani-sidney-powell-not-part-of-trumps-legal-team

Fourth paragraph down. I should clarify my statement that it’s a non story. I believe it to be a non story in reference to people seeing this as further proof that it’s all unraveling. This was strategic. What for? I have no clue, but they clearly planned this together for some reason. I don’t have a Wall Street journal membership, so the best I can get is a reference to the Wall Street journal statement. 

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Get ready for some gasket work I think. I live somewhere with a crazy high cost of living, and that's my choice. I'm sure your location helps you pull down the decent coin you reference, and it's your choice to make that balance work for you or not. Additionally, I wouldn't expect that income to be in the 1%, not nationally and certainly not in those areas. 

If they raised the federal tax 3% in your bracket (wild a$$ guess on that increment, I'm no tax code scholar and am not going to pretend to be in a six minute internet effort), you'd be looking at an extra $12k at $400 annual. $1k a month at that monthly income level isn't a deal breaker. If it is, you're not doing it right. Will it somewhat impact some financial goals or some additional discretionary spending? Sure. The bigger problem is obviously the uber wealthy that have tax shelter upon tax shelter and hardly pay a nickel in taxes to this great country we're all haggling about.

4 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Get ready for some gasket work I think. I live somewhere with a crazy high cost of living, and that's my choice. I'm sure your location helps you pull down the decent coin you reference, and it's your choice to make that balance work for you or not. Additionally, I wouldn't expect that income to be in the 1%, not nationally and certainly not in those areas. 

If they raised the federal tax 3% in your bracket (wild a$$ guess on that increment, I'm no tax code scholar and am not going to pretend to be in a six minute internet effort), you'd be looking at an extra $12k at $400 annual. $1k a month at that monthly income level isn't a deal breaker. If it is, you're not doing it right. Will it somewhat impact some financial goals or some additional discretionary spending? Sure. The bigger problem is obviously the uber wealthy that have tax shelter upon tax shelter and hardly pay a nickel in taxes to this great country we're all haggling about.

But it’s these same politicians whining that the ultra wealthy use tax shelters who wrote the tax code that allowed those shelters in the first place. Why is the government constantly trying to incentivize behaviors through the tax code. Simplify the tax code, get rid of nearly every tax incentive and let percentages take care of ultra wealthy people.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

But it’s these same politicians whining that the ultra wealthy use tax shelters who wrote the tax code that allowed those shelters in the first place. Why is the government constantly trying to incentivize behaviors through the tax code. Simplify the tax code, get rid of nearly every tax incentive and let percentages take care of ultra wealthy people.

I don't disagree with any of that.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rudy-giuliani-sidney-powell-not-part-of-trumps-legal-team

Fourth paragraph down. I should clarify my statement that it’s a non story. I believe it to be a non story in reference to people seeing this as further proof that it’s all unraveling. This was strategic. What for? I have no clue, but they clearly planned this together for some reason. I don’t have a Wall Street journal membership, so the best I can get is a reference to the Wall Street journal statement. 

Her entire statement:

“I agree with the statement today. I will represent /#WeThePeople and seek the Truth. I intend to expose all the fraud and let the chips fall where they may. We will not allow the foundations of this great Republic to be destroyed by abject fraud."

There's no evidence this was planned together.  If it was, anyone with a functioning brain would've let her put out the first statement.  She was forced to play catch-up with her statement.  And her tone is oddly different.   Let the cards fall where they may?  Really?

But whatever, if she had undeniable proof, she'd be gathering a team of the country's finest lawyers.  In every capacity.  That's like the 1st thing any rational person would do to destroy Biden and turn the world upside down.  Instead we've been treated to ****show press conferences with her tweeting ‘Release the Kraken,’.  So juvenile, incompetent and stupid.  It blows my mind that people take this stuff seriously.  

• Upvote 2