SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

ok...how about addressing my question instead of obsessing about your favorite topic. I actually responded to something you posted.

Didn't realize you asked me a question, been pretty busy this morning, sorry.
I'm closer to an attorney than a doctor, taught I heard the Pfizer vaccine was a year - could be longer - not proven.

10 minutes ago, Goon said:

This is what I was talking about. This is how the adoring, loving, clapping seal media will treat a Biden and Harris administration. Softball questions and no follow up. 

Joe Biden: Why Are Reporters Asking Me Questions?

He'll get his hardballs, remember he's not yet approved by our big T?

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Didn't realize you asked me a question, been pretty busy this morning, sorry.
I'm closer to an attorney than a doctor, taught I heard the Pfizer vaccine was a year - could be longer - not proven.

Even the most fervent vaccination advocates will tell you that vaccination is inferior to contracting the wild virus when it comes to long term immunity. There’s no chance that the vaccination antibody response will be stronger than the wild virus. 
Doesn’t it say something to you about the narrative surrounding immunity that in April, May, June it was all about “well we don’t know how long immunity lasts” and now when it’s a vaccine that isn’t even a talking point?

Also, hilariously, how could they know how long it lasts? Remember to “trust the science”, observation is a critical component of “science” and they’ve had this vaccine all of ten minutes and somehow know how long the immunity lasts? That should be sounding alarms bells in everyone’s head.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How. Long. Does. Immunity. Last. Following. Vaccination?

Not sure about the vaccines, but for those that have had the big C, that's one of the reporting changes that has occurred recently.  Used to be 3-6 months, but now they're saying possibly years of immunity.  I've read that even some who have never had covid-19, but have had other coronaviruses may be immune (or at least defended by B cells and T cells) for years.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

He should concede, and do his job till Jan 20th. 
More R are telling him to do so every day.

Why does he need to concede?  From earlier this year

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hillary-clinton-says-biden-should-not-concede-2020-election-under-n1238156

Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How. Long. Does. Immunity. Last. Following. Vaccination?

Without the vaccination. From our left-leaning friends favorite newspaper. Immunity to the Coronavirus May Last Years, New Data Hint

How long might immunity to the coronavirus last? Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study — the most hopeful answer yet to a question that has shadowed plans for widespread vaccination.

Eight months after infection, most people who have recovered still have enough immune cells to fend off the virus and prevent illness, the new data show. A slow rate of decline in the short term suggests, happily, that these cells may persist in the body for a very, very long time to come.

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not sure about the vaccines, but for those that have had the big C, that's one of the reporting changes that has occurred recently.  Used to be 3-6 months, but now they're saying possibly years of immunity.  I've read that even some who have never had covid-19, but have had other coronaviruses may be immune (or at least defended by B cells and T cells) for years.

Do you find it interesting and convenient how that narrative shifted? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Also, hilariously, how could they know how long it lasts? Remember to “trust the science”, observation is a critical component of “science” and they’ve had this vaccine all of ten minutes and somehow know how long the immunity lasts? That should be sounding alarms bells in everyone’s head.

I like science.
Better than quack.

How long the vaccine lasts and how effective it will be should be of great concern. 
Think T has any concerns here???

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Do you find it interesting and convenient how that narrative shifted? 

I said before the biggest change/mutation in the pandemic/virus will occur in January.  With immunity changes and vaccines available, the ground work is being laid.

17 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

You drew a direct conclusion based on the length of day/amount of sunlight. Oh, wait - you were talking about a new administration actually taking steps to control the virus! I got it now. Glad you’re looking forward to January as much as I am!

Am I concluding on Vitamin D or daylight in general, meaning peoples' interaction habits when days are longer (and assumedly warmer). I'm not even sure.

There's "one factor" that's already multiple factors. 

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I like science.
Better than quack.

How long the vaccine lasts and how effective it will be should be of great concern. 
Think T has any concerns here???

Science is no better than quackery when it is applied incorrectly. In fact, its possibly worse as at least quackery can be dismissed on it's face, whereas "science" requires some investigative work to know whether or not the findings are significant. Which 99.9% of our population doesn't have the ability or knowledge to discern.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Because he's making allegations without proof, not doing justice to our voting system.
Because he lost.
The transition needs to start where Biden is to get ready for Jan 20 with federal support.
Hillary is not part of this equation.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Science is no better than quackery when it is applied incorrectly. In fact, its possibly worse as at least quackery can be dismissed on it's face, whereas "science" requires some investigative work to know whether or not the findings are significant. Which 99.9% of our population doesn't have the ability or knowledge to discern.

I take it you are in the .1% ?

12 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This isn't a non story.  Team Trump is purposely making it a story by going public.  There's no legal requirement to announce this, nor have they for any other non-team attorney.  There's a reason they did this. 

The most logical explanation is they know what she's bringing, and they want to publicly distance themselves from her.  

There's a reason. But we won't find out until it's sprung upon us. 

As you say, either she's gone too far guano-loco for even Rudy ... or she's more valuable as a rogue cowboy (think: flanking maneuvers). 

12 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

$1k a month at that monthly income level isn't a deal breaker. 

That grand a month is fewer meals out at restaurants, fewer trips to entertainment venues*. That harms the folks that work those jobs. 

* ... when we can do those things again. :( 

Couple things about the vaccines that I'd like to hear more about.  I've read the "side effects" of the vaccines may include pretty much all the symptoms of regular Covid-19, sometimes with severe fatigue, body aches, sore throat, etc (and sometimes no symptoms, of course).   I've also read these vaccines are 90-95% effective on the test population, a population which doesn't appear to include the age group most likely to die from Covid-19.  

https://www.mcknights.com/news/clinical-news/seniors-are-absent-but-necessary-in-covid-19-vaccine-trials-experts-say/

They found that older adults are “highly likely” to be excluded from more than 50% of COVID-19 clinical trials and fully 100% of COVID-19 vaccine trials.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I take it you are in the .1% ?

In that I have played a part in the creation and execution of more than a dozen research studies in the past two decades. Yeah I'd say I know more than the average person about how research is done and how science works. Less than a ton of people, but more than the general public.

• Upvote 1