SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

19 minutes ago, 1972 said:

nobody, i believe is arguing that....but anything dated after nov. 3 needs to be thrown out. period.   if american idol can count 100million votes before 12pm eastern when they vote, im sure the presidential vote can be expected to be simmilar

Agree that anything dated after the 3rd is out - not counted.

some states didn’t allow the processing of mail ballots until Election Day. Big mistake in my mind. 

I believe some are saying that ballots received after Election Day (within the time period each state specifies) but postmarked prior to Election Day shouldn’t  be counted.

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Count every vote that is in accordance with that locality's laws. 

What I don't understand is PA law is written down: " ... by 8 pm election night." How can the PA Supreme Court interpret (re-write) that any other way? 

I disagree with it, but apparently we throw out the constitution after the governor declares an emergency, so.....

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Count every vote that is in accordance with that locality's laws. 

What I don't understand is PA law is written down: " ... by 8 pm election night." How can the PA Supreme Court interpret (re-write) that any other way? 

It's essentially the same argument/issue as whether the Governor, health departments, Courts... have the authority to limit or shut down business/stop evictions... due to Covid.   Some courts say that it is an appropriate power, others that it isn't.

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Big difference between city and county.

The City of Milwaukee reported record turnout of 84 percent Tuesday; 243,144 of 288,833 registered city voters cast a ballot.

The City of Milwaukee hasn’t reported anything; and they won’t until everything is verified 100%.  All stats are being extrapolated from the County’s reporting.  

But yea, turnout in Milwaukee is crazy.  Living here, you cant underestimate the role the kenosha riots played in shaping the inner-city turnout.  Like Ive said ad nauseum, the insane minority turnout (especially black vote) is swinging the election towards Biden at the moment.  Hell, look what Atlanta is doing to deep red Georgia.  

Either way, the accusation that Milwaukee wards are casting more ballots than registered voters is absurd.  I see it’s reverberating around the pro-trump echo chamber on twitter, but there’s no evidence for it.  The truth quite evident if people actually bothered to look up the sources of that laughable news site you posted.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I would rather have 4 years of NDSU winning National Championships in football than 4 years of Biden. 

4 years of him accomplishing nothing and using the Republican controlled Senate as a cover for it? Works for me.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I would rather have 4 years of NDSU winning National Championships in football than 4 years of Biden. 

As long as the GOP has the Senate, I don't think he'll be able to do much. No potential statehood for DC or PR. No adjustment to the courts. No big changes.

The likelihood of a Red house in '22 and a likely Kamala Harris candidacy in '24 is very appealing. 

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

4 years of him accomplishing nothing and using the Republican controlled Senate as a cover for it? Works for me.

That would be the best case scenario. 

Please keep Harris on the sidelines like every previous VP.

11 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Question I have, did you wear a mask and wash your hands?

Why wouldn’t I?

couldn’t vote without a mask

doing smart things seems to be hard for some people when they inject politics

1 minute ago, Siouxperkick said:

How are we still waiting on Day 3?? We need a complete election overhaul, this is utterly ridiculous. 

No arguments there, but there are plenty of states who are way behind the ones that are being closely watched:
NJ - 66%
MD - 70%
MS - 77%
AK - 56%
UT - 80%
CA - 74%
MA - 79%
Source - https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-ELECTIONS/STATUS/yzdpxazolvx/index.html

None of this is a new phenomenon. It just so happens that certain swing states are shining more light on it. On top of that, mail-in and absentee ballots were multiple times higher than in the past and many state legislatures did not do anything to adapt to what would be a much more labor intensive process.

32 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

As long as the GOP has the Senate, I don't think he'll be able to do much. No potential statehood for DC or PR. No adjustment to the courts. No big changes.

The likelihood of a Red house in '22 and a likely Kamala Harris candidacy in '24 is very appealing. 

This….^^^

Regardless of the outcome DT got the attention of the minorities in this country. They aren't going to be the lackeys for the Dems moving forward.....well most blacks still maybe.

Many minority counties that Hillary won by 20-30%+ in 2016 DT won on Tuesday. That's not a coincidence.

Not that that POS Joy Reid and "I wish I had a penis" Maddow can see it so "Trump is racist" and "Russia, Russia, Russia" are still their talking points.

15 minutes ago, Siouxperkick said:

How are we still waiting on Day 3?? We need a complete election overhaul, this is utterly ridiculous. 

Just read a PA County has 35,000 plus votes to process but they are taking a day off to do administrative work.  

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This….^^^

Regardless of the outcome DT got the attention of the minorities in this country. They aren't going to be the lackeys for the Dems moving forward.....well most blacks still maybe.

Many minority counties that Hillary won by 20-30%+ in 2016 DT won on Tuesday. That's not a coincidence.

Not that that POS Joy Reid and "I wish I had a penis" Maddow can't see it so "Trump is racist" and "Russia, Russia, Russia" are still their talking points.

News journalism is shot.  MSNBC had a guy on a zoom call that was supposed to be a voting trends expert but instead proceeded to call Trump a racist for literally ten minutes.  And they just let him do it, didn't get any trends expertise....:lol:

47 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well since I do have family in Wood County and they said the county didn't have enough ballots to proceed until they got more you can decipher that how you choose.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

News journalism is shot.  MSNBC had a guy on a zoom call that was supposed to be a voting trends expert but instead proceeded to call Trump a racist for literally ten minutes.  And they just let him do it, didn't get any trends expertise....:lol:

Was he jacking off too?

Asking for a Mr. Toobin…….

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, teamsioux said:

The past few months I have heard numerous times that COVID would go away after Nov 3rd. If anyone has that date please let the rest of us know. 

Nov 3rd was a date that was meant to signify once the election takes place and we have either a new president or another four years of Trump. Since we don't know because the election is an absolute embarrassment, that date is not yet here. But you knew that already.

• UNDBIZ locked this topic