SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

10 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The comments and social media posts from the PA AG are exactly why votes can not be counted during the process of votes being cast.

The "polling" is already voter interference, then officials being able to claim, early counts show one canidates lead is insurmountable disenfranchises a huge numner of voters

So why is it OK to count ballots ahead of time in other states, like say, Florida?

The obvious is each state has their own set of rules and people by and large have no clue what the rules are in other states (or even in their own). The differences make it easy to cast doubt. It's almost like we knew 7 months ago there was a possibility at a change in how the election was going to be done, yet very few states (or the federal government) took steps to help lessen possible issues. Both sides are to blame for it.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There's too much guttural reaction in a large segment (of both parties) to the name "Trump".  

The Trump kids better figure that out and stay away from politics. 

I hope to God that they stay away but I am sure they will be around for many years to come.

last night Fox News claimed Dems pick up 5 congressional seats by about 8:30 central.  Although they didn't list one.....

I was looking last night and saw 2 R's from FL flipped seats.  Than I saw NM and OK flipped seats because of fracking.   Than MN.  WTH.

Someone needs to lose their position. 

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So why is it OK to count ballots ahead of time in other states, like say, Florida?

The obvious is each state has their own set of rules and people by and large have no clue what the rules are in other states (or even in their own). The differences make it easy to cast doubt. It's almost like we knew 7 months ago there was a possibility at a change in how the election was going to be done, yet very few states (or the federal government) took steps to help lessen possible issues. Both sides are to blame for it.

In fairness to the federal gov’t, with the way Trump’s actions were scrutinized any nudging from them to change what was being done at the state level would have been front and center media and used against him as meddling in the election.  

I do not think it is unfair to ask laws on the current booms be followed.  In the coming years state citizens can vote on changes to those laws.  

30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

And in Minneapolis last night protesters spray painted store fronts and threw debris into the streets blocking traffic while carrying a banner "America is Over". That city and state deserves everything coming it's way when the Floyd verdicts shake out.

MN deserves chaos and destruction? How could you say that? Wish for healing and common sense, not terrible things. Wow

• Upvote 1

Just now, Siouxperkick said:

MN deserves chaos and destruction? How could you say that? Wish for healing and common sense, not terrible things. Wow

Common sense should have never allowed a police building to be offered in sacrifice when this whole thing started.  

Just now, homer said:

Common sense should have never allowed a police building to be offered in sacrifice when this whole thing started.  

I agree with this statement. Nobody is supporting that action, but we have to work together now and heal the community. No state "deserves whats coming to them". 

2 minutes ago, Siouxperkick said:

I live in the Minneapolis area and agree with what he said. Election have consequences, elect leaders with no spine and you get what you asked for.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Siouxperkick said:

Please, common sense?  You mean the same common sense where a Mayor and Gov allows their most populous city to burn instead of sending the National Guard in.....but then wonders why Trump wouldn't pay for the damage?  Minneapolis deserves what it has coming.  Sometimes people need a good kick in the a** to help then figure things out.  The Minneapolis metro has made their bed voting blue again.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

I live in the Minneapolis area and agree with what he said. Election have consequences, elect leaders with no spine and you get what you asked for.

As do I. I made sure to vote for people that will have that spine and defend and support our community. I was just disgusted with his wording I guess. 

1 hour ago, Siouxperkick said:

It is stupid how much money is given to these idiots. Imagine the good we could do in our country with all of the money raised.

Wonder the consequences if campaign money had to be matched in a "pay off the national debt" fund....   something like, no match until xxx dollars, then 1-1 match to xxx+yyy and escalate the scale higher with the goal of make buying an election very expensive.   a balanced budget would probably be best first step, followed by term limits, lobbyist reform, and likely some sort of voting reform

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Please, common sense?  You mean the same common sense where a Mayor and Gov allows their most populous city to burn instead of sending the National Guard in.....but then wonders why Trump wouldn't pay for the damage?  Minneapolis deserves what it has coming.  Sometimes people need a good kick in the a** to help then figure things out.  The Minneapolis metro has made their bed voting blue again.  

I agree that it was a s***show and they should have taken further action. Hopefully what happened can teach everyone a huge lesson and we can figure this crap out.

1 minute ago, Siouxperkick said:

As do I. I made sure to vote for people that will have that spine and defend and support our community. I was just disgusted with his wording I guess. 

I'm not sure how he could have phrased it differently and made the point.

As an example, I don't wish harm upon the people of Minneapolis, but the city council going on national TV to make their case for defunding the police and then seeing the crime rate go through the roof is an expected and deserved outcome. If the citizens don't feel the effects of their votes what's the point in voting for someone?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bison06 said:

I'm not sure how he could have phrased it differently and made the point.

As an example, I don't wish harm upon the people of Minneapolis, but the city council going on national TV to make their case for defunding the police and then seeing the crime rate go through the roof is an expected and deserved outcome. If the citizens don't feel the effects of their votes what's the point in voting for someone?

Yes the city officials were just trying to make the politically correct argument and it definitely bit them in the ass. If anything, Minneapolis needs an increase in police funding and improve their training. I hope they learned from their mistakes, but time will tell.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The MSP and metro voted 70% for Biden. The bolded part is true.

Biden has around 1.7M votes in the state. The 4 counties of the metro accounted for over half of the total....970000 votes

5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Wonder the consequences if campaign money had to be matched in a "pay off the national debt" fund....   something like, no match until xxx dollars, then 1-1 match to xxx+yyy and escalate the scale higher with the goal of make buying an election very expensive.   a balanced budget would probably be best first step, followed by term limits, lobbyist reform, and likely some sort of voting reform

I love this. My greatest wish in politics is for Congressman to have term limits, but it will never fly because why would you vote to limit your own term? I wonder how this could be done.

When discussing term limits the topic seems to sort of hinge on "but then you have the entrenched bureaucrats running the show".....   not sure if I agree, elect people that clean house, perhaps even require cleaning house.   i would also like to see a requirement that in order to represent a district/state a person must live in the district/state for minimum amount of years, perhaps even requiring a return to the area.  No more Hillary buying a NY senate seat, no more getting elected being the equivalent of a golden ticket.  Politicians are enriching themselves with ease and without impunity.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Fair. Thats probably  fair.  Not saying its any more right..........     "Shrugs"   but I like the results are better .....

• Upvote 1