SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Seem like AZ is back on the table. Recount in Wisconsin. Trump campaign suing Michigan. 

2020 nightmare continues. What a circus this is regardless of your candidate/view. 

I hope they just make a choice so we can end this joke of an election.

5 minutes ago, Siouxperkick said:

His lawyers have stated this as well. Voting stopped last night, so this is a nonissue and I have no clue what he is talking about. 

I'm not sure about ongoing voting either, simply stating he never said anything about stopping counting anywhere. Which as usual the media is running with and calling him a hypocrite for wanting counting to continue is some areas but not in others. This is simply not true.

1 minute ago, streetsahead said:

Where exactly is there still voting going on?

He said this at 1:15am this morning. Context is important. At that time, he simply stated we don't want any ongoing voting being done. That's all he said, nothing about stopping counting anywhere.

Alot of the bull$%!# would have been avoided if the idiot state legislatures would have allowed the mail in, absentee and early votes to be counted so the results could have been reported

first thing election day. Then you just have regular day election votes to deal with.  Easy peasy.

• Upvote 1

No reason the United States election should go into day 2 of the unknown which could possibly be day 3 of the unknown.

I don't think all the lawsuits in the world will save Trump.  Count the votes and get it over with.  

7 minutes ago, Siouxperkick said:

This conversation should be archived as the exact reason why our country is completely screwed. You and so many others have a complete inability to discern any nuance whatsoever and just gobble up whatever BS story the media is running with at the moment.

Temporary is a word that has meaning. He isn't calling for votes not be counted, only that the agreed upon rules are followed. I'm sure anyone would agree we only want legitimate votes counted, but maybe that doesn't matter to the "every vote should count" crowd.

Your second citation link is broken, but the headline literally says exactly what I've been saying so I don't understand why you would post that to bolster your argument that he is calling for counting to stop.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Alot of the bull$%!# would have been avoided if the idiot state legislatures would have allowed the mail in, absentee and early votes to be counted so the results could have been reported

first thing election day. Then you just have regular day election votes to deal with.  Easy peasy.

True.  Ideally there would be a uniform mandate on this issue so there is some continuity among the states, but it appears this is a state issue.  Without looking it up, I'd guess the absentee votes from the 1970-199s were a very small amount.   With the unprecedented volume of absentee ballots this year it's not surprising there are issues, and that the States were unable to get legislation in place to address the issues.

2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Nevada has now said they will release some more results tonight, as opposed to yesterday as they had already said, due to high interest in their results. WHAT A !@#$ SHOW

Why not just have everyone to work by 8 and finish the job this morning???  :lol:

Why Nevada even stopped counting ballots is beyond me.  It’s a state that sent ballots to everyone, so there is no idea what is outstanding unless you assume everyone is going to return a ballot.  

The lawsuit in PA is asking for republicans to be able to view the votes being counted in PA.   Doesn’t seem like an out of line request after the AG states before voting day that Biden would win the election if all votes are counted.  Let both parties “observe” the ballots that are being counted.  Not sure why that’s not done anyway.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

He said this at 1:15am this morning. Context is important. At that time, he simply stated we don't want any ongoing voting being done. That's all he said, nothing about stopping counting anywhere.

Got it. Hadn't seen the quote yet so wasn't sure of the context. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

NC has announced they won't update their total vote count until..........NOVEMBER 12TH.

yup, this whole thing is a full blown gong show.  i have been watching house numbers, and there is a bunch of races at 100% votes in, with pretty substantial leads by reps, but they refuse to call them...WTF?

• UNDBIZ locked this topic