SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, 1972 said:

yup, this whole thing is a full blown gong show.  i have been watching house numbers, and there is a bunch of races at 100% votes in, with pretty substantial leads by reps, but they refuse to call them...WTF?

Trump has nearly doubled Biden's votes in Alaska with well over 50% reported, and still hasn't been called.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Pennsylvania-my understanding:

I believe the Trump campaign is asking that vote counting stop and they will be suing to disallow mailed ballots prior to Election Day and received within three days which are allowed according to Pennsylvania state laws and procedures.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I believe this the grasping at straws that is the end of the Trump presidency.  I'm shocked they thought it was a good idea to all go on Twitter and declare they won PA?  Not sure the angle being played there.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I was trying to read the Penn. statute on my phone.  It looks like the ballots need to be received by 8:00 pm on the day of the election to be counted.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/LI/uconsCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&yr=2020&sessInd=0&smthLwInd=0&act=12

Sounds like another situation where what was told to folks, and what the law may be, are quite different.

23 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I was trying to read the Penn. statute on my phone.  It looks like the ballots need to be received by 8:00 pm on the day of the election to be counted.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/LI/uconsCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&yr=2020&sessInd=0&smthLwInd=0&act=12

Sounds like another situation where what was told to folks, and what the law may be, are quite different.

Thanks for sharing. I am certainly not as well versed in all the legalize as you. My understanding is this is precisely what the Pennsylvania state Supreme Court ruled unanimously on - that this was legal.

would the federal Supreme Court really over rule this?

I should add - any stories about Walsh hall you want to share?

31 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court extended the vote-by-mail deadline.    It was later allowed by the US Supreme Court.  That said, Amy Coney Barrett stayed on the sidelines.  

9 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Thanks for sharing. I am certainly not as well versed in all the legalize as you. My understanding is this is precisely what the Pennsylvania state Supreme Court ruled unanimously on - that this was legal.

would the federal Supreme Court really over rule this?

I should add - any stories about Walsh hall you want to share?

yes...5-4

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court extended the vote-by-mail deadline.    It was later accepted by the US Supreme Court.  That said, Amy Coney Barrett stayed on the sidelines.  

Thanks.  Looks like he Supremes punted and indicate they will need to address this issue again.  The issue will be interesting in relation to the Covid restrictions  implemented across the country and civil suits brought concerning them.

This is a quote from Alito:

The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania has issued a decree that squarely alters an important statutory provision enacted by the Pennsylvania legislature pursuant to its authority under the Constitution of the United States to make rules governing the conduct of elections for federal office,” 

It will be pretty interesting if this matters, and the court with Trump appointees has to make the call.

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Is everyone ok with this. I don’t think it is right.

The law of PA appears to be very clear that the ballots need to be received by 8:00 on the day of the election.  Whether that is the best way to handle it is a completely separate question.

Another Alito quote: 
“It would be highly desirable to issue a ruling on the constitutionality of the State Supreme Court’s decision before the election,” he wrote. “That question has national importance, and there is a strong likelihood that the State Supreme Court decision violates the federal Constitution.”

Need to end this sh it show.

‘all voting needs to be done in person with valid ID, put the voting for a week before until Election Day

I voted in person, put my valid ID thru a reader, said I was ok to vote, marked my ballot, put in a vote reader, it said I hadn’t made any mistakes and I was done.

‘if you can’t make it to vote in a weeks time that’s your problem

no need to look at signatures, post marks, no excuses

there is a reason Democrats don’t like to do it this way, they can’t manipulate the vote

dont want to hear COVID excuses

absentee by limited reasons only

all the votes would be counted that way at the end of the day

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court extended the vote-by-mail deadline.    It was later allowed by the US Supreme Court.  That said, Amy Coney Barrett stayed on the sidelines.  

You left out the important detail that the Supreme Court left open visiting it after the election because they did not want to expedite the case and did not have enough time before the election.  That kind of sets the stage for where it is at right now.  If I remember correctly the states corrupt AG even said they would keep all votes separated received before and after the deadline.  

11 minutes ago, Kab said:

‘all voting needs to be done in person with valid ID, put the voting for a week before until Election Day

I voted in person, put my valid ID thru a reader, said I was ok to vote, marked my ballot, put in a vote reader, it said I hadn’t made any mistakes and I was done.

there is a reason Democrats don’t like to do it this way, they can’t manipulate the vote

Just feeling like I wasted the last two days of my life following this dumb election. :lol:

January 20th:  Biden takes office.  We’ll then see 1 of 2 things happen:

1). That “national mask mandate” comes to fruition.  

or

2).  Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, California, New York, etc. all magically find a way to reopen their states up.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

How dumb do people have to be to not see this crap at this point.

Next thing is George Floyd isn't dead and will be doing a PSA for downtown Minneapolis businesses.

7 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

How dumb do people have to be to not see this crap at this point.

If I’m a restaurant owner in downtown Chicago and I find out all I needed was a $450 filter plus masks, I am a little upset.  

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Question I have, did you wear a mask and wash your hands?

• Upvote 1