SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

As old school as this sounds, this year, given the choice, I still went old school, 8.5 x 14 (or whatever it is), SRA test, fill in the dots paper ballot. I want a traceable record. 

I agree with this. The further we advance with technology the further we fall behind it seems.

like a car with all the new computer stuff that you can’t fix

Heil Twitler 

That was a true "blood and soil" campaign rally by the soon to be ex-president. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vandals-spray-paint-maga-and-trump-on-jewish-cemetery-headstones/

Vandals spray painted "TRUMP" and "MAGA" on six headstones at a Jewish cemetery in Grand Rapids, Michigan, according to CBS Kalamazoo affiliate WWMT-TV.

Grand Rapids Police Sergeant John Wittkowski said in a written statement that officers began investigating the vandalism at Ahavas Achim Cemetery Monday -- the day before Election Day.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Every pundit has Joey B. in a landslide. Lock this thread up. It's over. Everyone head to Walmart to stock up on TP, cans of creamed corn and 9mm ammo for the long dark winter of lockdowns ahead.

What's with creamed corn being sold out?  We were looking for some the other day.

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Wow.  That sure kills the narrative of shutting down schools to save old people in nursing homes.  

So the numbers are only through August and the deaths between April and August were lower than last year, wouldn't that show that shutting down the schools helped lower the death rate, since you know, schools were shut down and the death rate was lower during that time frame? Regardless, they are stating the number of deaths is lower due to lower occupancy. It is tough to compare year over year without having the occupancy numbers to calculate an actual death rate.

“To say that we’re having far greater deaths, the data isn’t showing that at this time, it’s showing we have less people in long-term care,” said Peterson.

Peterson says long-term care numbers have decreased by more than 500 residents.

“We have probably 500 less people in long term care, with the facility closing. We’ve had much decrease in occupancy, so we have less people out there,” said Peterson.

17 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Heil Twitler 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vandals-spray-paint-maga-and-trump-on-jewish-cemetery-headstones/

Vandals spray painted "TRUMP" and "MAGA" on six headstones at a Jewish cemetery in Grand Rapids, Michigan, according to CBS Kalamazoo affiliate WWMT-TV.

Grand Rapids Police Sergeant John Wittkowski said in a written statement that officers began investigating the vandalism at Ahavas Achim Cemetery Monday -- the day before Election Day.

why was juicey smollet doing in grand rapids?

16 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Heil Twitler 

Whatever happened to the guy in suburban Minneapolis that burned down his house and blamed antifa?

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So the numbers are only through August and the deaths between April and August were lower than last year, wouldn't that show that shutting down the schools helped lower the death rate, since you know, schools were shut down and the death rate was lower during that time frame? Regardless, they are stating the death number is lower due to lower occupancy. Tough to compare without having the occupancy numbers to show an actual death rate.

Try again.  Thanks for playing.  Current skilled nursing home beds in ND 5,944. 

https://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/medicalserv/medicaid/longtermcare.html

Number of beds 5 years ago 6,102.

https://www.seniorcare.com/nursing-homes/nd/

Do the math, capacity isn't the reason and neither are kids in school.  Old people have been locked down in a place they were already locked down.  The overall lack of visitors has kept old people alive in nursing homes though at a much lower quality of life.  A hell within a hell no doubt.  It's not nurses who have children in school bringing it into nursing homes....because after all masks save other people's lives and all of those nurses are wearing masks.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Same reason why people wait until April 15th to do their taxes.   People just procrastinate, no matter how many times you tell them to get something done sooner. 

Then that is there fault and shouldnt cry about it.

51 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

so any thoughts on this.....   on Scott Adams morning podcast there was a brief discussion about a computer program originating in the intelligence community that was change votes after they are cast.  Some general is making the claim and also claims the US has used it in other countries....   this is going to get messy, wish I had more TP....

I believe ND requires paper records of all votes for this reason.  Also, the voting machines (tabulators) aren't connected to the internet here.  Other states I'm not so sure about.

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I believe ND requires paper records of all votes for this reason.  Also, the voting machines (tabulators) aren't connected to the internet here.  Other states I'm not so sure about.

Yes. The person I was with got a 'printed out by the machine piece of paper' to turn in. I can live with that as it is a hard copy record. That said, be sure to review what is printed on what you turn in. 

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

The CDC will also announce at 700 PM ET tonight it is also ok for those who feel compelled to riot and loot attend fiery but mostly peaceful protests over the next few days to break quarantine. 

You really need to work on your spelling. ;) :D