SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

The New York Times
As Voting Ends, Battle Intensifies Over Which Ballots Will Count

With the election coming to a close, the Trump and Biden campaigns, voting rights organizations and conservative groups are raising money and dispatching armies of lawyers for what could become a state-by-state, county-by-county legal battle over which ballots will ultimately be counted.

The deployments — involving hundreds of lawyers on both sides — go well beyond what has become normal since the disputed outcome in 2000, and are the result of the open efforts of President Trump and the Republicans to disqualify votes on technicalities and baseless charges of fraud at the end of a campaign in which the voting system has been severely tested by the coronavirus pandemic.

In the most aggressive moves to knock out registered votes in modern memory, Republicans have already sought to nullify ballots before they are counted in several states that could tip the balance of the Electoral College.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-voting-ends-battle-intensifies-over-which-ballots-will-count/ar-BB1aDdxz?ocid=msedgdhp

Every pundit has Joey B. in a landslide. Lock this thread up. It's over. Everyone head to Walmart to stock up on TP, cans of creamed corn and 9mm ammo for the long dark winter of lockdowns ahead.

8 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I just don’t agree with all the efforts to disallow cast votes targeting areas and groups.

un-American and wrong.

just me though 

Why would anyone mail in their vote on the last day?  They had in some cases 90 days to do it.  

11 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Why would anyone mail in their vote on the last day?  They had in some cases 90 days to do it.  

Same reason why people wait until April 15th to do their taxes.   People just procrastinate, no matter how many times you tell them to get something done sooner. 

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If you are talking about Pennsylvania, republicans are simply asking for a law that is already on the books to be enforced. If you disagree then work to change the law, don’t disregard the law because you don’t like it.

Sorry - I am not familiar with what is going on with Pennsylvania state laws.

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

Same reason why people wait until April 15th to do their taxes.   People just procrastinate, no matter how many times you tell them to get something done sooner. 

Wait to do your taxes and they dont get in on time, pay fines and consequences.

Dont send your vote in, consequences. Actions have consequences. no matter how much the Democrat ideology wants to eliminaye that aspect of life, its always there.

Ignoring consequence has its own consequence.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Sorry - I am not familiar with what is going on with Pennsylvania state laws.

Well theres this...

Pennsylvania’s Attorney General Josh Shapiro, a Democrat, found himself in hot water on social media after claiming that President Trump has lost the ability to win the battleground state, just over 24 hours before the polls close on Election Day.

That alone should be enough for that elected officials removal from power.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well theres this...

Pennsylvania’s Attorney General Josh Shapiro, a Democrat, found himself in hot water on social media after claiming that President Trump has lost the ability to win the battleground state, just over 24 hours before the polls close on Election Day.

That alone should be enough for that elected officials removal from power.

Agree but this shouldn’t disallow any votes should it?? 

generally I just don’t like disallowed votes for citizens that took the time to vote in good faith

Apolitical stance in my mind

My comment wasn’t aimed at a specific party 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Agree but this shouldn’t disallow any votes should it?? 

generally I just don’t like disallowed votes for citizens that took the time to vote in good faith

Apolitical stance in my mind

My comment wasn’t aimed at a specific party 

There is a battle over signature matching for votes in Pennsylvania, the law is on the books that certain votes can’t be allowed unless it can be verified through signature matching. Democrats are crying voting suppression while republicans are simply saying the law needs to be enforced until the law is changed if that’s what people want. Until it’s changed, it is law and must be enforced.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

There is a battle over signature matching for votes in Pennsylvania, the law is on the books that certain votes can’t be allowed unless it can be verified through signature matching. Democrats are crying voting suppression while republicans are simply saying the law needs to be enforced until the law is changed if that’s what people want. Until it’s changed, it is law and must be enforced.

I agree. If the circumstances were reversed the Republicans would be complaining. Individuals need to take responsibility.

In this case, unfortunate but correct. 

Thought I'd be smart and drop my boys off at school and vote early.....:lol:

Its easily a three hour wait here....like the line is 200 yards out the flipping door.....

Energy to vote.  Thats a good thing.  Whatever side you are on this election at least more than 50 percent of eligible voters will be voting this election.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I agree. If the circumstances were reversed the Republicans would be complaining. Individuals need to take responsibility.

In this case, unfortunate but correct. 

Reversed how?  Someone else in office?  Based on all the facts does to us by dems and the media it, more republicans are supposedly voting in person today so they aren’t asking for any laws to “not be followed” and I don’t see any situation that would reverse that. 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Thought I'd be smart and drop my boys off at school and vote early.....:lol:

Its easily a three hour wait here....like the line is 200 yards out the flipping door.....

Energy to vote.  Thats a good thing.  Whatever side you are on this election at least more than 50 percent of eligible voters will be voting this election.  

It is crazy today.