SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Dude is an idiot. One would think as a lawyer AND politician he'd understand the dilemma that statement presents, particularly in a swing state. 

Not sure if its grounds for removal but its grounds to not take him serious for the remainder of his career in or out of politics because that shows a lack of integrity.

He should get together with MN Attorney General Ellison and they could go bowling. Couple of rocket scientists...

In ND can a person go online and see if the vote was counted in the final tally?   I mean it is great and all to have a paper that says 
"i did this" but confirmation that you vote for xyz actually went to xyz....    I been watching too much intelligence themed content..   I do recommend Snowden on Netflix

18 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

In ND can a person go online and see if the vote was counted in the final tally?   I mean it is great and all to have a paper that says 
"i did this" but confirmation that you vote for xyz actually went to xyz....    I been watching too much intelligence themed content..   I do recommend Snowden on Netflix

I could tell if my ballot was received. Would be nice to know if it was counted. good question 

I just called Cass county about this

they said if something is wrong with say the signatures don’t match they would sent out a letter with instructions to come on in to correct

I told them I had mailed in the ballot weeks ago and she said then it was counted because of no letter asking me to come in to correct.

Absent a letter, they said your ballet was counted. There is no place to look to see  if it counted but to assume it was absent the letter.

I did not ask if there was a way for me to know if my vote for xxxx actually went to xxxx.

11 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I could tell if my ballot was received. Would be nice to know if it was counted.good question 

One year I wrote in a friend's name for water board where the candidate was running unopposed just to see if the ballot was recorded. 

35 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

It would be nice but the last thing I want in this day is for there to be a database that can be hacked to show who I voted for.  Don’t need some triggered college professor showing up at my door asking me to explain my vote.  

I imagine lots of businesses out there would not want that either.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Try again.  Thanks for playing.  Current skilled nursing home beds in ND 5,944. 

https://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/medicalserv/medicaid/longtermcare.html

Number of beds 5 years ago 6,102.

https://www.seniorcare.com/nursing-homes/nd/

Do the math, capacity isn't the reason and neither are kids in school.  Old people have been locked down in a place they were already locked down.  The overall lack of visitors has kept old people alive in nursing homes though at a much lower quality of life.  A hell within a hell no doubt.  It's not nurses who have children in school bringing it into nursing homes....because after all masks save other people's lives and all of those nurses are wearing masks.  

What exactly does something from 5 syears ago have to do with the comparison of deaths from this year vs. last year?
Nothing, but regardless, the number of beds available also does not help determine what occupancy was last year compared to this year, which is what I specifically stated needed to be known to show if there was any correlation.

My point wasn't specifically to blame or not blame the schools (for the record, I'm in favor of doing everything necessary to keep them open). But people having less contact with others will absolutely slow the number of cases. I don't understand you could argue any different. The question becomes whether the difference is meaningful enough to make it worth while.

Also the "masks saves lives" argument is pretty tired. No one said they were going to eradicate the virus but they will help lower the R value. Kind of like seatbelts don't guarantee you won't die in a car crash, nor do airbags, but yet we continue to think those are a good idea. Most cars even have both now!

3 minutes ago, homer said:

Wait......what???

This isn’t what the narrative has been for the last 2 months.   I thought it was Trump that was going to try and cause confusion.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-planning-declare-victory-news-170346566.html

Well, it's because Biden is going to win.  

You have to be the victor to declare victory.  

8 minutes ago, homer said:

Wait......what???

This isn’t what the narrative has been for the last 2 months.   I thought it was Trump that was going to try and cause confusion.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-planning-declare-victory-news-170346566.html

If you read the first line of the article you linked, there's a crucial bit of information that seems relevant:

• Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, is planning to declare victory if news organizations announce him as the winner of the election on Tuesday night, Axios reported.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

If you read the first line of the article you linked, there's a crucial bit of information that seems relevant:

• Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, is planning to declare victory if news organizations announce him as the winner of the election on Tuesday night, Axios reported.

Which news organization is the important detail. If that doesn’t highlight how partisan the news has gotten I don’t know what will.

6 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

So if CNN declares him the winner then its cool?  lol

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I read it, that’s why I posted it.  It goes completely against what the news media has been telling us will happen tonight.  Trump gets the lead and declares himself winner has been the story for months.  

You want to trigger a fragile voting base and really muddy the waters, declare yourself a winner because a left leaning news station said you won.  Try putting that cat back in the bag.   You thought places like Minneapolis and Portland burned before.  The strategy of the left.  How come no one ever asked Biden if he would accept the election results?  

27 minutes ago, homer said:

I read it, that’s why I posted it.  It goes completely against what the news media has been telling us will happen tonight.  Trump gets the lead and declares himself winner has been the story for months.  

You want to trigger a fragile voting base and really muddy the waters, declare yourself a winner because a left leaning news station said you won.  Try putting that cat back in the bag.   You thought places like Minneapolis and Portland burned before.  The strategy of the left.  How come no one ever asked Biden if he would accept the election results?  

Really?

LMFAO

The only fragile voting base I can think of is the cult.  

Enjoy Dear Leader's firing tonight, Trumptards.