SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did you see a tax increase bc of the cap on SALT deductions?  i think you live in cali and i think they have high property taxes?

It’s more of the mortgage interest deduction in CA for me.  Property values are very high.  I took a hit.  I will take a bigger hit under Biden, but that’s first world problems.   I was okay paying more personally with cuts for the general population.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

It’s more of the mortgage interest deduction in CA for me.  Property values are very high.  I took a hit.  I will take a bigger hit under Biden, but that’s first world problems.   I was okay paying more personally with cuts for the general population.  

I got smacked pretty good here in MN.  I happen to agree, the greater good outweighed the bad here.    

Remember that the most liberal State in the Country has high taxes, garbage schools, pathetic infrastructure and in some parts (SF) you are in poverty with a six figure income.  If CA did not have the physical beauty, climate, and resources it has, nobody would live here.

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Remember that the most liberal State in the Country has high taxes, garbage schools, pathetic infrastructure and in some parts (SF) you are in poverty with a six figure income.  If CA did not have the physical beauty, climate, and resources it has, nobody would live here.

Near one-party rule ...

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

My brother lives in LA in Santa Monica.  His fiancé is a pharmacist.  They are living the studio apartment dream because they can't afford a house.  Why they still there?  Five minutes from the ocean. ;)

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

My brother lives in LA in Santa Monica.  His fiancé is a pharmacist.  They are living the studio apartment dream because they can't afford a house.  Why they still there?  Five minutes from the ocean. ;)

Can they still only walk on the wet sand?

I’d say middle class in LA... like can own a home you aren’t ashamed of, Can save for retirement, aren’t reliant on credit card debt, can go out to dinner on occasion, own reliable cars, go on an annual vacation, have a little around for an emergency...family of 4....need a household income of ~$250k minimum

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

I’d say middle class in LA... like can own a home you aren’t ashamed of, Can save for retirement, aren’t reliant on credit card debt, can go out to dinner on occasion, own reliable cars, go on an annual vacation, have a little around for an emergency...family of 4....need a household income of ~$250k minimum

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/population-shrinks-in-california-still-most-populous-state/2355776/

COVID-19 has changed everything as far as WFH, etc.   There's an exodus coming, this is just the beginning.  CA residents are already voting with their feet to places like AZ, CO, TX, NV.  

1 minute ago, Shawn-O said:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/population-shrinks-in-california-still-most-populous-state/2355776/

COVID-19 has changed everything as far as WFH, etc.   There's an exodus coming, this is just the beginning.  CA residents are already voting with their feet to places like AZ, CO, TX, NV.  

That’s what I noted a few pages back.  It’s crazy how many people are leaving CA, WA and OR.  It will be really interesting how it changes the voting demographics of the states you mentioned come tomorrow.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shawn-O said:

And the politburo thinks the answer is more spending and more taxes...it won’t be long until CA is nothing but millionaires and the people who serve them.  The whole of people making $50k-$500k will leave.  It’ll be feudal.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

In your opinion are these "refugees" self aware enough to realize what lead to the demise of their previous state? In other words, will they continue to be majority Democrat voters when they land in their new location?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

In your opinion are these "refugees" self aware enough to realize what lead to the demise of their previous state? In other words, will they continue to be majority Democrat voters when they land in their new location?

The answer is yes.  Too stupid to figure out bringing their liberal mentality that they are trying to flee from isn't the answer to the change they are looking for. Montana is a prime example.

About that Biden Harris bus thing in Texas.

This video seems to show the Biden staffer crossing the paint into a Trump vehicle. 

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/11/02/texas-police-sure-looks-like-biden-bus-incident-caused-biden-supporter/ 

When their insurance companies see this video there will be no winners in that. 

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

In the shorter term, it looks like yes.  NV=deeper shade of blue.  CO=Deep blue.  AZ=purple.  TX=lighter shade of red.   

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The answer is yes.  Too stupid to figure out bringing their liberal mentality that they are trying to flee from isn't the answer to the change they are looking for. Montana is a prime example.

8 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

In the shorter term, it looks like yes.  NV=deeper shade of blue.  CO=Deep blue.  AZ=purple.  TX=lighter shade of red.   

It's just incredible that this would be happening. It defies all logic.

You flee a place that has been run into the ground because of policy decisions and then try to implement those same policy decisions in your new location. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I crack up at my classmates that are die hard New Yorkers. Won't even consider jobs outside of Manhattan. It's going to be very funny when they are "living the dream" in a 1 bedroom apartment while the ones who go out into the wider world will almost certainly have a significantly better setup.