SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

The most interesting thing to me is that the attacks on Trump are almost exclusively on the man rather than on the policies he supports and executed.  It’s the dumbing down and sound byte cycle.  Easier to like or dislike a human than to study policy.

So little on the Platinum plan, so little on mid_east peace, so little on bringing the troops home...economy now ignored due to Covid. 

the biggest black eye from public perception was the child separations at the border, which by the way, Trump pivoted on after he saw the impact, which is actually the act of a good leader.  Create a policy with good intention, then if you see negative consequences, pivot. 

regarding Covid, it’s really unrealistic to expect the POTUS to contain a virus outbreak in a free society.  Viruses do not understand executive orders nor do they recognize lines drawn on maps.  It’s really quite ridiculous.  

and thats the real irony in all this...they cant beat rump on his policies, so go with "orange man" bad at all costs....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Trump defends Texas drivers who surrounded Biden bus Friday. 

Did they do anything wrong? I seem to recall Democrat politicians encouraging people to harass Republican politicians they saw in public to let them know they aren't welcome here anymore. 

Like many actions Democrats seem to cheer or at least tolerate (harassing politicians, nuking judicial filibuster, protesting on roadways, etc), they sure don't like when the shoe is on the other foot.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Dear Leader will only win if the polling data was way off, even further off than 2016. Not gonna happen. 

What Trump Needs to Win: A Polling Error Much Bigger Than 2016’s

https://nyti.ms/2JufFYX

Screenshot_20201102-100028_NYTimes.jpg

Shouldn’t be anything for you to worry about tomorrow.  Biden will likely have it locked up after Fla, GA and PA results start coming in according to your chart above.  

23 minutes ago, 1972 said:

and thats the real irony in all this...they cant beat rump on his policies, so go with "orange man" bad at all costs....

Agreed.  People tend to vote with their pocket books and for many it will be very hard to look at the three years prior to Covid and not be in a better place.  

Even with Covid, lockdowns and children at home are may swing some of that suburb mom vote.   They are realizing kids sitting in their rooms all day isn’t healthy. One candidate is showing they are all for prolonging that.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Imagine Adams, Jefferson and Franklin Advocating for hiding and shutting down for fear of small pox virus.  

Well in their defense there wasn't "science" back then so they didn't  know better.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's honest assessment endorsement is worth the read. 

The endorsement starts with ...

“He’s unpresidential.”

“He’s crude and unkind.”

“He’s just not a good man.”

But then it stops emoting and starts objectively evaluating ...

Let’s play dump the lout.

But is this really what it’s about?

Isn’t the real question whether he has been taking the country, and the economy of this region, in the right direction these last four years?

Can we separate the man from the record?

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/editorials/2020/10/31/editorial-donald-trump-joe-biden-mike-pence-kamala-harris-presidential-candidate-endorsement/stories/202010310021 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/27/2020 at 1:07 PM, sioux rube said:

I would strongly recommend that voters go to the Biden/Harris website and read their tax plan.  Does everybody realize that if you go to pages in the 40s, 50s and 60s, you will find that they have a plan to tax you on your house at 3% of its value. This is above and beyond your property taxes you currently pay to your local municipality.  In addition, families earning $50k or more will have their taxes raised by $7,800, over a 10 year period.  This is aside from the loss of $750 a year from the repealing of the Trump middle class tax cuts.  They also want to tax your 401K and IRA’s. The Roth IRA has whats called a "Sunset Provison". If enacted upon, it will trigger a tax upon your accounts value. Say you've been investing for 25 years and have accumulated $300,000.00. They will tax that amount at your current tax bracket. They will take it all at once. Are you willing to give up nearly 1/2 of what you've accumulated literally overnight? Pelosi asked Trump to sign it to set it in motion (Hillary said she would sign it) & he refused. He said that would hurt the American people. If Biden gets in, you can kiss your Roth IRA and all its gains goodbye. Also, do people realize that, until 1983, you paid no taxes on Social Security?  Joe Biden put up the bill and sponsored it to tax Social Security at 50% AND then raised it to 80%!!!  A man of the people?  Is this what you want to happen? Really?
Nobody is reading his plan.
Please, wake up. Research!!!

7000 post so you are not new to this site...did you copy and paste this ...cannot find anything to back up anything in this post.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

7000 post so you are not new to this site...did you copy and paste this ...cannot find anything to back up anything in this post.

I have not seen those specific details described either.  I have seen and know that the plan is to revert taxes back to prior higher levels on everyone, And disproportionately hammer people earning more than $400k.  It’s a government redistribution mentality.  

always remember that federal income taxes are not part of the founding documents, but were initially a war levy put into place by Lincoln, repealed during reconstruction, then made permanent a little over 100 years ago.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Rolling back the tax cuts Trump got through Congress would be bad enough.

I checked one claim, namely the 3% tax on your house. I found this: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-property-tax-3/ 

• Like 1

It’s an interesting postulate to consider Lincoln not as the preserver of the Union and great emancipator, but rather as the man that put the federal government ahead of State government by force and began the concept which would ultimately enslave the working population with the yoke of 1/4-1/3 of their income being taken.  There is no incorrect answer here, and it is questions like this that our high school and college students should have to think about and articulate a logical comprehension and resultant position.  Instead they’d be met with a scream...

32 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I have not seen those specific details described either.  I have seen and know that the plan is to revert taxes back to prior higher levels on everyone, And disproportionately hammer people earning more than $400k.  It’s a government redistribution mentality.  

always remember that federal income taxes are not part of the founding documents, but were initially a war levy put into place by Lincoln, repealed during reconstruction, then made permanent a little over 100 years ago.

did you see a tax increase bc of the cap on SALT deductions?  i think you live in cali and i think they have high property taxes?

• Upvote 1