SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Whether you agree/disagree with Harris' political stance, you gotta admire her ambition in the face of hardship.  

Quite unlike Mr. *I won't mention who** who has probably never learned a valuable life lesson from making a mistake considering his luxury of throwing millions at every problem he's ever encountered his entire existence.           

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

LOL.  Yah, like she will be squeaky clean and playing defense the whole time.  Kinda like the last 3.5 years, right?  

Last 3.5 years of 2,000 lies and you are still a believer?
Did you hear Trump was born in a Muslim family in Shawal Valley. Somebody on the internet knows.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Last 3.5 years of 2,000 lies and you are still a believer?
Did you hear Trump was born in a Muslim family in Shawal Valley. Somebody on the internet knows.

Believe what?  His lies,....nope.  Just stop with the "attacks" on Harris.  Seriously.  

All politicians lie.  

But Trump has brilliantly made lying part of his political strategy.  He's effectively made 'trolling' a political tool, especially for distraction purposes.  Everybody knows when he's spewing nonsense, yet everyone gets outraged for a few days and then moves on.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  In many ways the joke is on the media.     

No other politician can get away with lying like Trump does.   As a political outsider he's made trolling something people expect from him.  It's a brilliant double standard he's set himself up for.             

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

All politicians lie.  

But Trump has brilliantly made lying part of his political strategy.  He's effectively made 'trolling' a political tool, especially for distraction purposes.  Everybody knows when he's spewing nonsense, yet everyone gets outraged for a few days and then moves on.  Lather, rinse, repeat.      

That said, no other politician can get away with it to the extent Trump does.  As a political outsider he's effective made it part of his 'act'.  It's a brilliant double standard he's set himself up in.           

it really is.  

Scientists who have been monitoring immune responses to the virus are now starting to see encouraging signs of strong, lasting immunity, even in people who developed only mild symptoms of Covid-19, a flurry of new studies suggests.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/scientists-see-signs-of-lasting-immunity-to-covid-19-even-after-mild-infections/ar-BB182ayV?ocid=msedgdhp

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

it really is.  

No doubt.  

That said, Trump's act has a limit.  I don't think he realizes this yet; or he's willfully ignorant because he can't adapt.   Sure the reality TV gimmick works with his ardent base, but I'm sensing this country is experiencing Trump fatigue insofar the population is yearning for some stability, professionalism and civility from the WH in a time of crisis.  Republicans similarly appear to be growing tired of Trump's chaos.  This was illustrated perfectly when his advisors smartly put a swift end to those ****show daily Covid briefings where Trump was allowed to be himself in full view of the country.   

Will it affect the overall Republican vote?  Nah.  But it certainly could play an enormous factor in the independent vote.   I guess we'll see in November.              

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

This is a great page. Looks like the lefties are turning on each other. Arguing amongst themselves and tossing insults at each other. That's what always happens. Eventually they run out of people to blame for their problems. Wait until they run out of other people's money. 

You really see that here? 

Wow.  

Maybe Portland resident AlphaMikeFoxtrot can comment on the assault last night that was videoed and is circulating on the internet. Guy was assaulted and literally had his face kicked in by some "peaceful protesters".

Or is this the type "unrest in the streets" that that wacko cue ball Ayanna Pressley is calling for?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Maybe Portland resident AlphaMikeFoxtrot can comment on the assault last night that was videod and is circulating on the internet. Guy was assaulted and literally had his face kicked in by some "peaceful protesters".

Or is this the type "unrest in the streets" that that wacko cue ball Ayanna Pressley is calling for?

What surprises me about people defending what happened in Minneapolis and now Portland is it’s people that say they love the city. I have many friends who work(ed) downtown Minneapolis and they’ve said they won’t be returning to work. Not because of Covid, but because they don’t have trust that they would be safe downtown Minneapolis and I can’t blame them. I haven’t been into Minneapolis proper since March and I have no plans to return until I have confidence that police will be allowed to do their jobs.

“We don’t need you” they’ll say. Actually, you do. Without the foot traffic from people outside of a Minneapolis proper coming downtown for work, Minneapolis will be a ghost town in 3 years. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Whether you agree/disagree with Harris' political stance, you gotta admire her ambition in the face of hardship.  

Quite unlike Mr. *I won't mention who** who has probably never learned a valuable life lesson from making a mistake considering his luxury of throwing millions at every problem he's ever encountered his entire existence.          

I can't imagine anyone doubts her level of ambition.

No deaths in Cass County for 30+ days and hospitalization numbers a non-factor even though the Fargodome is now available for 200 extra beds if needed with the MVFC canceled but the public school date pushed back and going with a hybrid model. Heard for HS sports in Fargo each athlete is allowed only two people as spectators per event. Wear a mask and all is well we were told.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That's a valid point, she has had it pretty hard, to the face, all over the face actually.

She's battled that hard ship from behind, all angles most likley. But she's rolled up those skirts... er I mean sleeves and really stroked the ambition that was inside her to get where she is today.

Its nice that in rhis period of wokeness that the BEST the dems have to project as figure heads are a senile old white racist child molester, and a daughter of immigrant slave owners, who is pretending to be afro-merican and has literally fucked up her entire career... seriously fucked her way up the ladder.

And you suckers swallow the thing, hook line and sinker...

but swallowing kinda fits the ticket i guess so...

#BLM  #METOO 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Maybe Portland resident AlphaMikeFoxtrot can comment on the assault last night that was videoed and is circulating on the internet. Guy was assaulted and literally had his face kicked in by some "peaceful protesters".

Link? Chances are I won't approve of it unless it was Andy Ngo getting beat up.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

That's a valid point, she has had it pretty hard, to the face, all over the face actually.

She's battled that hard ship from behind, all angles most likley. But she's rolled up those skirts... er I mean sleeves and really stroked the ambition that was inside her to get where she is today.

Its nice that in rhis period of wokeness that the BEST the dems have to project as figure heads are a senile old white racist child molester, and a daughter of immigrant slave owners, who is pretending to be afro-merican and has literally fucked up her entire career... seriously fucked her way up the ladder.

And you suckers swallow the thing, hook line and sinker...

but swallowing kinda fits the ticket i guess so...

#BLM  #METOO 

Gotta save this for its utter stupidity, racism and misogyny.

Surprising you can function even at your low level in our society.  

14 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

All politicians lie.  

But Trump has brilliantly made lying part of his political strategy.  He's effectively made 'trolling' a political tool, especially for distraction purposes.  Everybody knows when he's spewing nonsense, yet everyone gets outraged for a few days and then moves on.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  In many ways the joke is on the media.     

No other politician can get away with lying like Trump does.   As a political outsider he's made trolling something people expect from him.  It's a brilliant double standard he's set himself up for.             

Trump may lie, but all politicians do, they just don't make it so obvious, and they lie to their constituents, rather than to the media about bs things like crowd size, and why people were fired, etc.  To Trumps credit, he actually tries to follow through with the campaign promises that he has made to his base.  The same goes for Rand Paul, Bernie Sanders, and Ted Cruz.  I'd take someone like Trump any day, and although he lies, he doesn't lie to his constituents about what really matters: the goals that he wants to accomplish.  I'd take a person like Trump or any of the above over a flip-flopper like Biden, Romney, Hillary, Rubio, Biden, Warren, etc, any day of the week, because at least they try to follow through on their campaign promises.  Trump may lie to change talking points or to distract the media, but he never lies to disguise what he is actually trying to accomplish.  A good example of this would be when he spoke highly of Kim Jung Un, in an effort to make a peace deal.  Or when he has violent rhetoric towards that same man, or Iran, but if you look at what he actually DOES, vs what he says, he always does his best to act in a way that forwards the promises that he made to his constituents.  Despite his war rhetoric, the amount of activity the US military has seen overseas, policing the world, has gone way down, there aren't any new conflicts, and it is in complete contrast to the last few presidents.    Look at Biden's voting history compared to what he apparently stands for now - that man is the real definition of a phony liar.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

No deaths in Cass County for 30+ days and hospitalization numbers a non-factor even though the Fargodome is now available for 200 extra beds if needed with the MVFC canceled but the public school date pushed back and going with a hybrid model. Heard for HS sports in Fargo each athlete is allowed only two people as spectators per event. Wear a mask and all is well we were told.

So basically parents are allowed.