SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Not too long ago one guy acted out in Minneapolis....and the context there was the guy that got harmed had done something wrong ......but it was pretty universally agreed upon that he didn't have it coming as you seem to be suggesting.  There was a little different reaction too by the media over that one person that was acting out, I wonder why.

Using the Charlie Kirk "I wonder why" as part of an argument is not a good way to be taken seriously. I'm not offended if you address the fact that it is black-on-white crime that has so many people riled up. Just be forward with it in a coherent manner.

The big difference between the two is one has a lone wolf acting out with others trying to prevent his actions, while the other has accomplices aiding and abetting his actions. Both belong in jail regardless of context. But when Floyd first came into the news, my first thought was what did he do to get arrested; had he shot at a cop (or civilian) it would have been much more justified.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

And the Lemmings follow.

Could you imagine the number of Lemmings willing to attend Trump rallies if he re-enacted this at every event?  Even in times of covid his cult followers would show up in droves.  
Jesus H Christ, they would've scored 300k attendance in Tulsa instead of the 24 that showed up.  

Why am I not his campaign manager?         

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I dont mention them ever or even think about them.  You use the "rent free" line way too much.  Its got a front row seat in your head, rent free.

Oh, I'm kind of disappointed.

I was hoping to hear, "gurgle, gurgle, gurgle....."  Then, silence. 

Lol

15 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Dumb a$$e$ see antifa everywhere.

Police chief: Rally protesters were local Rapid City residents, not Antifa

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/police-chief-rally-protesters-were-local-rapid-city-residents-not-antifa/article_269afa44-fafe-53d9-8bc1-ae9a2c894c8e.html

Looks like Goon took a trip to SD recently.       

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/16/2020 at 11:44 AM, petey23 said:

I had seen the video and just assumed it was some deranged screaming idiot. Had no idea he was running for Congress. He is actually right on brand for the Dems these days.

He is actually running for a seat in the Minnesota legislature, not the US House of Representatives.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

They live in your head.  Rent free.

You know how you can get rid of them?

Fill up a bucket of water.  Immerse your head all the way in it for five straight minutes.

That will take care of the "problem". 

Guaranteed.

What an absolutely vile comment. Nothing like suggesting someone should kill himself because they have a different opinion than you. You should be ashamed. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Guess kids will never get back into in class school setting. Seems like a permanent lockdown is the only answer......or wearing goggles.

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Guess kids will never get back into in class school setting. Seems like a permanent lockdown is the only answer......or wearing goggles.

I'm more opptomistic than that. My grandkids in GF are going to be in class. High school (one child) will be MWF in class, TTh remote, vise versa next week. 

Of coarse; masks, not goggles - social distancing  - wash hands - and so on. 

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm more opptomistic than that. My grandkids in GF are going to be in class. High school (one child) will be MWF in class, TTh remote, vise versa next week. 

Of coarse; masks, not goggles - social distancing  - wash hands - and so on. 

How nice for you to have your family be able to get back to normal.

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How nice for you to have your family be able to get back to normal.

It's far from normal.

Former DHS chief of staff calls Trump's presidency "terrifying"

The former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security recorded an ad for a political group opposing President Trump, calling the Trump presidency "terrifying." Miles Taylor, who left DHS in 2019, claims the president wanted to use the agency "for his own political purposes and to fuel his own agenda."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-dhs-chief-of-staff-calls-trump-s-presidency-terrifying/ar-BB184wfJ?ocid=msedgdhp

Some Coronavirus Patients Are Reporting Symptoms That Last Months. Nobody Knows Exactly How to Treat Them
Jamie Ducharme  1 hr ago
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/some-coronavirus-patients-are-reporting-symptoms-that-last-months-nobody-knows-exactly-how-to-treat-them/ar-BB186gs0?ocid=msedgdhp

This is “long-haul” COVID-19. Even young, healthy people can become long-haulers (as many call themselves), left unable to work, lead a normal life or, some days, get out of bed. The consequences for each individual can be devastating—and at scale, they’re staggering.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Some Coronavirus Patients Are Reporting Symptoms That Last Months. Nobody Knows Exactly How to Treat Them
Jamie Ducharme  1 hr ago
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/some-coronavirus-patients-are-reporting-symptoms-that-last-months-nobody-knows-exactly-how-to-treat-them/ar-BB186gs0?ocid=msedgdhp

This is “long-haul” COVID-19. Even young, healthy people can become long-haulers (as many call themselves), left unable to work, lead a normal life or, some days, get out of bed. The consequences for each individual can be devastating—and at scale, they’re staggering.

I’m tired of this narrative. Influenza can have long lasting and even permanent effects. This is no different than it’s always been, just more fear with no context.

• Upvote 4

Color me shocked.  And this even from the GOP led Senate.  ****ing traitors.  

In a thousand-page bipartisan report released Tuesday, the Senate Intelligence Committee said the Trump administration obstructed its investigation with "novel claims" of executive privilege. It painted a portrait of a Trump campaign eager to accept help from a foreign power in 2016.

The Senate report, the most detailed account to date of the Trump campaign's embrace of Russian election interference, also asserted that the allegations that Ukraine interfered in the election — which President Donald Trump perpetuated — originated with Russian intelligence agencies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/bipartisan-senate-report-describes-2016-trump-campaign-eager-accept-help-n1237002

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Color me shocked.  And this even from the GOP led Senate......

In a thousand-page bipartisan report released Tuesday, the Senate Intelligence Committee said the Trump administration obstructed its investigation with "novel claims" of executive privilege. It painted a portrait of a Trump campaign eager to accept help from a foreign power in 2016.

The Senate report, the most detailed account to date of the Trump campaign's embrace of Russian election interference, also asserted that the allegations that Ukraine interfered in the election — which President Donald Trump perpetuated — originated with Russian intelligence agencies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/bipartisan-senate-report-describes-2016-trump-campaign-eager-accept-help-n1237002

A US Senate report.   Not "fake news". 

Let me see.  Which political party controls the US Senate again? 

Hmmmmmmm.... 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

A US Senate report.   Not "fake news". 

Let me see.  Which political party controls the US Senate again? 

Hmmmmmmm.... 

Elect a clown, expect a circus.  

"Russia and other countries took advantage of the Transition Team's inexperience, transparent opposition to Obama Administration policies, and Trump's desire to deepen ties with Russia, to pursue unofficial channels through which Russia could conduct diplomacy," the report said. "The lack of vetting of foreign interactions by Transition officials left the Transition open to influence and manipulation by foreign intelligence services, government leaders, and co-opted business executives."

It added, "Russian officials, intelligence services, and others acting on the Kremlin's behalf were capable of exploiting the Transition's shortcomings for Russia's advantage. Based on available information it is possible — and even likely — that they did so."

• Upvote 1