SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

22 hours ago, zonadub said:

Will there be a K-State game?

https://apple.news/ArakxkO-TQt6dVeWTLihfhg

KSU student tweeted, "Congratulations to George Floyd on being drug free for an entire month!"

now the team refuses to play

Nothing good will come from a discussion on this issue on this forum. These discussions go south quickly. 

I see the Kansas State players ended their boycott after failing to get a student expelled for an insensitive tweet. I was hoping it would run into the season because there was no way the school could have legally expelled that student. Also of note they have not been practicing because of Recent positive covid tests.

28 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I see the Kansas State players ended their boycott after failing to get a student expelled for an insensitive tweet. I was hoping it would run into the season because there was no way the school could have legally expelled that student. Also of note they have not been practicing because of Recent positive covid tests.

They boycotted on the week of July 4th when workouts were possibly done or optional.  Would be interesting to see if they were off last week anyway.  Just speculating....

So now players want to be able to set school policies

what the hell is next?

so you don’t like something and you will boycott or quit the team

as a coach I would say there is the door

we have school policies and we will follow them, non-athletes have rights too

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kab said:

So now players want to be able to set school policies

what the hell is next?

so you don’t like something and you will boycott or quit the team

as a coach I would say there is the door

we have school policies and we will follow them, non-athletes have rights too

That’s what they threatened but for some reason they just gave up when they realized how ridiculous their demands were. Gene Taylor and Chris Kliman should have set them straight from the beginning but they can’t afford to look racist

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, terbele said:

Big Ten just announced no non-conference fb games to be held.

All FBS conferences will likely follow suit. I am sad about the UND/KSU game probably being Cancelled... I was looking forward to the road trip and game. 

Conferences setting up to start practice when school starts, maybe a week earlier and start season when conference starts.  Buys them another month to evaluate vs having to start practice beginning of August. 

10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I just don’t see how we can be seeing these actions being taken right now and still having a season. See y’all in 2021. 

I agree.  We went from $2.2 million deaths, to flatten the curve, to how many cases can we find and along the way somehow totally lost perspective on life and the inherent risk of living free.

2020 Football season, "if any", is limited in games and travel......like an intramural season.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

This is a disappointing trend!  More people in the 15-24 age range have died from pneumonia (247 in the entire US) this year than COVID-19 (142 in the entire US).   More teenagers will die from driving by 4 times in 2020 than COVID-19. 

Why can't we live life and those that don't want to attend games or participate can watch on TV. 

This is ultimately what it comes down to for me as well. Everyone is at risk of something at all times. These kids are traveling across the US by plane, bus etc. There’s risk in literally everything you do in life. At some point we must calculate that risk for ourselves. This whole concept that Covid is any more dangerous than any of the things you or I just mentioned is absolutely ridiculous and nothing short of an agenda. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

This is a disappointing trend!  More people in the 15-24 age range have died from pneumonia (247 in the entire US) this year than COVID-19 (142 in the entire US).   More teenagers will die from driving by 4 times in 2020 than COVID-19. 

Why can't we live life and those that don't want to attend games or participate can watch on TV. 

2400-ish motor vehicle deaths every year ages 16-19. Thru July 4 CDC reported roughly 250 deaths Covid19  related 24 and younger IIRC.

I'll put the odds of watching a FB game and a hockey game at UND this year at 35% and I'll bet the under.