SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

Well, I plan to attend games... my choice. Will I wear a mask? Maybe, depends how much beer and pop corn I think I need.  I am also going to our communities’ softball tourney this weekend and Sunday’s baseball game. My choice. If you are afraid of the virus, stay home. Your choice. GO UND.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, terbele said:

Big Ten just announced no non-conference fb games to be held.

Actually all fall sports

18 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

All FBS conferences will likely follow suit. I am sad about the UND/KSU game probably being Cancelled... I was looking forward to the road trip and game. 

If all Power 5 conferences do this, what does it do to the independents? U Mass, New Mexico State, Liberty, and ultimately Notre Dame? Does Notre Dame go with an all ACC schedule? They would not play traditional games with Navy, Stanford and Southern Cal, plus Arkansas and Wisconsin.

48 minutes ago, zonadub said:

If all Power 5 conferences do this, what does it do to the independents? U Mass, New Mexico State, Liberty, and ultimately Notre Dame? Does Notre Dame go with an all ACC schedule? They would not play traditional games with Navy, Stanford and Southern Cal, plus Arkansas and Wisconsin.

I read that the ACC would welcome ND into their conference schedule this year. I was hoping they’d be forced into a traditional conference. 

Tom Miller brought up a good point that UND might have been in serious trouble if this virus had happened the last two years when they were independent. Grand Forks is too far away from all of the other Big Sky opponents... would have been smarter for them to drop UND from the schedule and look to a school that’s much closer by. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

I read that the ACC would welcome ND into their conference schedule this year. I was hoping they’d be forced into a traditional conference. 

Tom Miller brought up a good point that UND might have been in serious trouble if this virus had happened the last two years when they were independent. Grand Forks is too far away from all of the other Big Sky opponents... would have been smarter for them to drop UND from the schedule and look to a school that’s much closer by. 

Tom did bring up a good point. If this happened prior to last season the only team that might have came to GF was Montana State.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:49 PM, jdub27 said:

Maybe the possiblity of playing a 10 game MVFC round-robin season is the answer? At this point, it would be better than the alternative that is being faced.

Going to guess that this is the route that ends up happening.  

52 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Per source hearing a small outbreak in our team

Does this fall into the same category of an "outbreak" like when 2 of 320+ NBA players were positive when tested recently??

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Time to buy a few more jigsaw puzzles for this fall. Unbelievably frustrating and no fun. At least we are healthy and for now can go outside and do stuff. Beer still works!

I am jig saw puzzled out. I will watch reruns of college games. This is not good... by any stretch of the imagination. And MN’s Gov. Walz just extended his emergency powers another 30 days. So ready to be over this.

12 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The outbreak in Wuhan started with one person. One half year later 13M confirmed cases.

Poor guy who ordered the spicy bat wings soup, and got it a little under cooked. 

oh interesting opinion piece from yahoo sports

https://sports.yahoo.com/time-to-face-reality-no-one-is-playing-college-football-in-the-fall-170634809.html

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season