SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls St., Round 1

bincitysioux

5 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Not sure why anybody is overly concerned about this game, home or away. If you watched the Nicholls/SELA game Thursday or followed the UNDFOOTBALL360 guys tweets during the game, neither of those teams deserved playoff consideration. This game should not be close.

Did you see the Idaho St score? We can absolutely lose to anyone.

This WAH WAH the whole "we didn't BID ENOUGH" ship has SAILED!   Give it up debaters!  Chaves threw out a number that should have worked for the current FB fanbase that probably would have disappointed in attendance anyway.   It didn't  - GET OVER IT! 

The FB team is going and going to deal with the conditions they're dealt.  I'd hope Bubba and the boys wouldn't be prima donna's worried about APPEARANCES or their DRESSING ROOM and sketchy shower facilities and instead maybe take it as motivation to go out and show Nicholls the game is PLAYED ON THE FIELD and WIN!

THE WINNER will shower in glory and the loser in shame - no matter if it's in a tent or not.  GO F*CKING WIN!!

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I asked earlier- someone mentioned a 50k cap on what the university could put towards a bid.  

Who decided on 50k?   Can this be changed?  Any info would be appreciated.  

I don’t know where it came from nor who the cap was on but I believe Chaves and Brekke contacted enough supporters to go a lot higher that that. I don’t know final bid but it no longer matters. Chaves and the athletic dept worked hard to put out a competitive bid. He has enough experience to know where the bid normally would need to be. Didn’t get it but not for lack of effort. 

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I asked earlier- someone mentioned a 50k cap on what the university could put towards a bid.  

Who decided on 50k?   Can this be changed?  Any info would be appreciated.  

UND Fan

•  
  • Members
  •  
  • 4,915 posts
10 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Chaves should be embarrassed and reprimanded for such a pathetic bid.  75K.....WTF?

Chaves used the max the university could authorize ($50K) and then went out and found another $25K.  It is likely that our bid was among the highest but simply wasn’t higher than Nichols. What more did you want him to do?  Did you contribute?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UND1983 said:

So you are saying that Hockey in Minneapolis was a factor in Chaves hanging the football team out to dry.  Because Thanksgiving hasn't changed in hundreds of years so that's the only variable I can spo

Our team has more confidence then you do about winning on the road.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Did you see the Idaho St score? We can absolutely lose to anyone.

That's a fair statement considering how this team has played on the road vs at home. 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Like 20% more confident? 

6 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

This WAH WAH the whole "we didn't BID ENOUGH" ship has SAILED!   Give it up debaters!  Chaves threw out a number that should have worked for the current FB fanbase that probably would have disappointed in attendance anyway.   It didn't  - GET OVER IT! 

The FB team is going and going to deal with the conditions they're dealt.  I'd hope Bubba and the boys wouldn't be prima donna's worried about APPEARANCES or their DRESSING ROOM and sketchy shower facilities and instead maybe take it as motivation to go out and show Nicholls the game is PLAYED ON THE FIELD and WIN!

THE WINNER will shower in glory and the loser in shame - no matter if it's in a tent or not.  GO F*CKING WIN!!

tenor.gif

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

2,500 hotel rooms locked down in Nashville for an early season  hockey game that is a year away.

Football team is camping for a playoff game this weekend.........

This is a huge issue IMHO with our fanbase right now.  I've been a fan since I left the hospital in the Fighting Sioux onesie and I've never seen the hockey/football line in the sand as bad as it is now.

I'll put a lot of the blame on the athletic department for not putting more into football, but at the same time maybe it started when hockey was gifted the nicest facility in the nation and the football team was still getting dressed and lifting at Memorial (That underpass.....scary).  

I was at the Ralph a few years ago and football players were selling 50/50 tickets and at the same time were bit$hing about how they'd never seen any hockey players at their games or supporting them, etc.  

I'm a huge fan of both sports.  I apologize to the basketball teams/volleyball/soccer.  I don't follow them as much.  I wonder if it's like this everywhere????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

UND Fan

•  
  • Members
  •  
  • 4,915 posts

Chaves used the max the university could authorize ($50K) and then went out and found another $25K.  It is likely that our bid was among the highest but simply wasn’t higher than Nichols. What more did you want him to do?  Did you contribute?

Yes, I know.  Thus, my question.  Which evidently no one knows the answer to. 

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

You are not addressing the issue.  I don't care about the game itself right now. 

I am pointing out all the factors that seem to be popping up as to why Chaves skimped on his bid and got beat by a regional Southland school.  Hockey in Minneapolis seems to be one, which to me, is a major issue if true.  And I think it is true.  

18 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

14 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

7 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I don’t know where it came from nor who the cap was on but I believe Chaves and Brekke contacted enough supporters to go a lot higher that that. I don’t know final bid but it no longer matters. Chaves and the athletic dept worked hard to put out a competitive bid. He has enough experience to know where the bid normally would need to be. Didn’t get it but not for lack of effort. 

We know what the UND's bid was.

One could have Googled, Chaves included, to find out what a bid was last year that secured hosting a playoff game.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You are not addressing the issue.  I don't care about the game itself right now. 

I am pointing out all the factors that seem to be popping up as to why Chaves skimped on his bid and got beat by a regional Southland school.  Hockey in Minneapolis seems to be one, which to me, is a major issue if true.  And I think it is true.  

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We didn't skimp on our bid.  It was a blind bidding process and we put out a competitive bid but got beat.  If it was a live auction we probably would have gone higher.

How much did you contribute to the bid?   Maybe next time you can offer up $10k or so to push it higher but there'd still be no guarantees. 

I wasn't asked for a donation but I don't run in those circles.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

We didn't skimp on our bid.  It was a blind bidding process and we put out a competitive bid but got beat.  If it was a live auction we probably would have gone higher.

How much did you contribute to the bid?   Maybe next time you can offer up $10k or so to push it higher but there'd still be no guarantees. 

That crap needs to end.  Many on this site are on speed dial from the Alumni Association Foundation and other entities at UND that are looking for dollars. One's fandom or allegiance to UND athletics is not based on what he/she gives and I'd be willing to bet most of the apathetic lemming posters here give nothing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Obviously the bid wasn't very competitive because we lost. We were competitive out in Idaho State too I guess.