SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls St., Round 1

bincitysioux

Congrats on the playoff berth, I sincerely feel it was deserved.

Had the chance to play at Nicholls back in the day and can say without a doubt it was my worst memories of an opposing fan base of anywhere we played.

Their fans were brutal with their language toward our team and we felt very threatened and unsafe on our sideline.

Hopefully times have changed and you all have a great experience, get the win and we all get to enjoy bonus NDSU/UND football this year.

1 minute ago, ibleedgreen said:

He's still my favorite but wasn't lucky enough to see him in person before he passed. 

He opened for Louis Black, it was a great night of comedy. 

Hedberg had so many great ones, but I still think his Pringles bit is probably my favorite. Love his Donut joke though too. Man he was great.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

He opened for Louis Black, it was a great night of comedy. 

Hedberg had so many great ones, but I still think his Pringles bit is probably my favorite. Love his Donut joke though too. Man he was great.

The dude had these best one liners of all time. Hands down. My fav was "An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Had the chance to play at Nicholls back in the day and can say without a doubt it was my worst memories of an opposing fan base of anywhere we played.

Their fans were brutal with their language toward our team and we felt very threatened and unsafe on our sideline.

Hopefully times have changed and you all have a great experience, get the win and we all get to enjoy bonus NDSU/UND football this year.

Sounds like a bunch of jerks with yurts. 

21 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

They’re just jealous that we harvest our crops ourselves up here.

Their top receiver is back 6'4" - was out for some of their losses.

UND might actually have the special teams advantage.  They have two kickers and both don't seem to be very good.  If I remember right, UND has better kick return numbers and kick return defense, and I think they have two punts blocked, and I think we also have a better net punting average.  I think I read their net punt average was like 32 something and ours was 38 something.  We also have a better punt return average.

Their kickers do not have range or accuracy, it seems.  knock on wood

23 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Thanks to gfhockey for guaranteeing that $3.75.  Just wasn't quite enough unfortunately ;)

https://www.houmatoday.com/news/20191124/nicholls-to-host-north-dakota-in-opening-round-of-fcs-playoffs?template=ampart

"Athletic Director Matt Roan confirmed to the Courier and Daily Comet prior to the selection show that Nicholls did submit a bid to host multiple rounds, similar to the bid they placed — and won with — last season. Nicholls offered a winning bid of $80,000 in guaranteed money to the NCAA in 2018, and while he did not give a specific number, Roan said this year's bid was slightly more competitive but in the same range."

So I guess you can assume that Nicholls bid was at least 80K.  Maybe 85K-90K.  We will find out I guess. 

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Chaves should be embarrassed and reprimanded for such a pathetic bid.  75K.....WTF?

Maybe he thought the clause "indoor plumbing included" that he added to the bid was worth an extra $20K?