SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls St., Round 1

bincitysioux

12 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

https://youtu.be/r9cyQuYVmHM

A tour of the Nicholls State football offices, including the beverages that will be provided in the visitors dressing tent.  

You know... as a nurse I was thinking of clean water in those tents.... but what if they have that Performance enhancing stuff? Best be careful at the JuiceU game too....

On 11/26/2019 at 4:50 PM, jdub27 said:

It was meant as a jab at Nicholls St, who owns their facility, except for the tents and "facilities" they need to rent, meaning their overhead is lower.

I'd be really curious to see what the other bids were. Originally I would have guessed UNI would be the only ones to outbid us but wouldn't be surprised if SELA threw out a pretty big number as well considering they are hosting Villanova. 

The bids were placed well before (I believe a 2-3 weeks ahead of time, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong) the selection committee decided who was playing who. Therefore SELA had no idea who they would be hosting, just like UND didn't know if they'd be hosting and who they'd be ultimately bidding against.

On 11/27/2019 at 12:59 PM, dmksioux said:

Someone commented that the REA can't chip in?  Is that accurate?  Wouldn't investing in the football program a little bit help with their return?  Maybe they did offer up some money?

If you're not being sarcastic... pull your head out and google it.. lord knows Kennedy should have....

On 11/27/2019 at 3:38 PM, The Sicatoka said:

The storm will hit Grand Forks on Saturday and the NCAA will give itself an attaboy for being so wise as to not have the game in a North Dakota blizzard. 

Forgetting that Alerus Center has a roof, and walls, and a visitor's locker room. 

All-weather stadiums are great in this part of the world. Nevertheless, The players, officials, media, and fans still have to be able to get to the stadium.

13 hours ago, Gothmog said:

All-weather stadiums are great in this part of the world. Nevertheless, The players, officials, media, and fans still have to be able to get to the stadium.

You’re not wrong, but is an outdoor stadium with tents for visitor lockers a wonderful thing for players or fans in attendance during a lightning storm? 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:37 PM, CajunColonel said:

Our facility is fine. 

Yes, I am sure the home team facilities are is fine. 

Its the visitor's facility that is below 3d world environmental quality.  Wouldn't even qualify to house apprehended illegal aliens, overcrowded prisons for incarcerated  convicts, or quality as emergency disaster shelters.

5 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

im going to hope I’m reading this wrong or something. Getting to your playoff game less than 24 hours before kickoff is Mickey Mouse stuff. 

NCAA pays for the rooms and flight, just another reason to try and get home games. Luckily the weather didn't factor in, all should be good.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

NCAA pays for the rooms and flight, just another reason to try and get home games. Luckily the weather didn't factor in, all should be good.

The NCAA held off on cloud seeding in the RRV region until around 8 pm tonight. ;)

• Upvote 1