SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls St., Round 1

bincitysioux

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

This is why I asked the question a few times about the University authorizing up to 50k.   Do other schools have similar limitations? 

Did the athletic directors from other schools need to find as many extra dollars the way Chaves attempted to?

Do some schools have university  authorization up to 75K?   So they would only need $3.75 from their #gobc to match the effort Chaves put in?

I can’t put the blame on Chaves without knowing the constraints or lack there of from the other universities.  

It’s tremendous that individuals will chip in, but I feel the university itself needs to show its commitment to football by upping that $50,000 mark in the future 

To my knowledge I have never heard of the AD of NDSU calling alumni asking for money to bid on a playoff game. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Someone commented that the REA (the foundation not the arena) can't chip in?  Is that accurate?  Wouldn't investing in the football program a little bit help with their return?  Maybe they did offer up some money?

I heard that's were the $50,000 came from - The Ralph, and that in reality would still be FB money because of the 52% take on FB tickets during the season.

My questin would be, why didn't they throw in $100G?

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I heard that's were the $50,000 came from - The Ralph, and that in realty would still be FB money because of the 52% take on FB tickets during the season.

This is a putrid situation that should never have been allowed to happen.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

You know what you are if you shoot -2 in a match play golf event that has 15 other matches and your score is the second lowest of all golfers in the field except your opponent shots -5 to beat beat you?  You're a loser.....you're not in second place. 

Does this knowledge come from experience?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

That crap needs to end.  Many on this site are on speed dial from the Alumni Association Foundation and other entities at UND that are looking for dollars. One's fandom or allegiance to UND athletics is not based on what he/she gives and I'd be willing to bet most of the apathetic lemming posters here give nothing.

The notion that members of a fanbase are expected to donate to an NCAA guarantee toward a home football game is such an outlandish notion I don't even know where to begin.  

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I heard that's were the $50,000 came from - The Ralph, and that in realty would still be FB money because of the 52% take on FB tickets during the season.

So really a short-term loan is what we are talking here.  The money trail in this department is so absurd, I doubt there's any arrangement in the country quite like it.   

3 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I agree the math doesn't seem to add up. 

What I don't know is how much student tickets affect the $$, what the expenses are to rent the Alerus and if REA would get their customary 52%.  52% off the top would really put a crimp on the dollars available.

According to the budget submitted to the NCAA, the Alerus rental fee is 32k  Other gameday expenses brought the total up to about 50k.

This is from what I found to be relavent in the REA usage agreement.  I think the answer is no, but not certain. 

"Single game tickets for UND football are governed by an existing contract with the Alerus Center,
but the ticket revenue derived from UND football is included in the
calculation of the ticket revenue in this Agreement. Ticket revenue
does not include affiliated conference and/ or NCAA playoff games
as those events are governed by affiliated conference and/ or NCAA
regulations, which are incorporated herein by reference. All ticket
revenue, as defined above, will be pooled into the UND / REA joint
ticketing pool, excepting those revenues in the previous sentence."

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

According to the budget submitted to the NCAA, the Alerus rental fee is 32k  Other gameday expenses brought the total up to about 50k.

This is from what I found to be relavent in the REA usage agreement.  I think the answer is no, but not certain. 

"Single game tickets for UND football are governed by an existing contract with the Alerus Center,

Good clarification, thanks.  

35 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Thanks for that info.  It makes sense that playoff games would be excluded.

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

Continued fallout from UND v NCAA?  

This always comes to my mind.
How did we really get matched up with Nicholls - who had a higher bid then us, could of that been the reason?
Is there anytthing that makes sense as to why we should be matched up with Nicholls, unless the committe was looking to put us on the road?

Then, why would a game winner in the south be playing in Fargo next weekend? NDSU should be playing the winner of like 8th vs. 9th teams of the 16 first round teams? 

5 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Which do they do first, form the brackets or open the bids?  

I would think bids are opened earlier as they came in before the last weekend. After last game on final Saturday, the committe has it's hands full with getting the tournament matchups set for Sunday morning. Opening bids after that with all the details of being compliant would really put a time constraint on all that would need to be done. 

Lots of information to be filled out on a bid propossal, far beyound a dollar amount.

It doesn’t bother me that much that we missed out on a home game if we put in a bid that was top 2 or 3.  Just bad luck that we got paired with the one team that had a higher bid. 

What does bother me is that the NC$$ hosting rules are also supposed to take into account the facility being used.  There is no way you can justify giving a home game to a school that requires the visitors to use a tent for a locker room.  That is ridiculous.   The NC$$ should require Nicholls State to give UND the home team locker room, otherwise they should be disqualified from hosting until they obtain proper facilities.  It’s a joke.  I hope UND crushes them by 50 points. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2