SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls St., Round 1

bincitysioux

Has anyone done a search to find out how much Northern Iowa and/or Illinois State bid? It would seem that they should be UND’s most probable unseeded opponents.

Or is it that UND was considered #8 or #9 in the unseeded field. That would translate into the second round game being at NDSU. Also, it would put the Hawks at about #16 or #17 in the entire field, which also seems about right.

Just having a difficult time blaming Chaves on the bid amount. This is not his first rodeo and he would have had experience at EWU in submitting bids. The flip side of that is EWU probably only had to make the minimum bid, since they have been seeded most of the time.

And, finally, why is Nichols even allowed to host playoff games? This is so much more egregious than having a Native American nickname. The locker room situation is apparently not a new development. No wonder they are undefeated at home.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Has anyone done a search to find out how much Northern Iowa and/or Illinois State bid? It would seem that they should be UND’s most probable unseeded opponents.

Or is it that UND was considered #8 or #9 in the unseeded field. That would translate into the second round game being at NDSU. Also, it would put the Hawks at about #16 or #17 in the entire field, which also seems about right.

Just having a difficult time blaming Chaves on the bid amount. This is not his first rodeo and he would have had experience at EWU in submitting bids. The flip side of that is EWU probably only had to make the minimum bid, since they have been seeded most of the time.

And, finally, why is Nichols even allowed to host playoff games? This is so much more egregious than having a Native American nickname. The locker room situation is apparently not a new development. No wonder they are undefeated at home.

You guys were one of the last four in. Assuming you're the first of the last four, and ahead of autobids San Diego and Holy Cross, you would be the #18 at best, if it were seeded 1 thru 24. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The storm will hit Grand Forks on Saturday and the NCAA will give itself an attaboy for being so wise as to not have the game in a North Dakota blizzard. 

Forgetting that Alerus Center has a roof, and walls, and a visitor's locker room. 

With hotel and restaurants connected to the field. An opposing team can arrive at their hotel and not go outside for 3 days if they didn't want to.

23 minutes ago, CajunColonel said:

You guys were one of the last four in. Assuming you're the first of the last four, and ahead of autobids San Diego and Holy Cross, you would be the #18 at best, if it were seeded 1 thru 24. 

Your facility is beyond trash.  Doesnt matter where UND was seeded.  Your janky school should not be hosting.

29 minutes ago, CajunColonel said:

4 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Your facility is beyond trash.  Doesnt matter where UND was seeded.  Your janky school should not be hosting.

And a friendly North Dakota welcome to the board! 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

According to the budget submitted to the NCAA, the Alerus rental fee is 32k  Other gameday expenses brought the total up to about 50k.

Using this info, the simple break-even attendance point for a $50k bid(internal max) was about 5800 tickets at $20 each. The break-even point of the submitted bid was 7500. More than likely UND would have made its full 25% cut in the first case, but lost some of it had they won the hosting with the actual bid. (I suspect the actual attendance would have been closer to 6k.)

My work:

75% NCAA cut of net * (ticket price * attendance - overhead) = UND bid

.75(20x-50,000)=75,000

15x-37,500=75000

15x=112,500

x=7500

At 7500 tickets sold(all full price), UND would have made about $25k on the game, maybe less(the NCAA only guarantees a host 15% of the net).

Also, you really need to read McFeely's column about the experience of the WDAY/Forum Comm crew when they traveled down to Nicholls for the Bison game back in 2004. Whatever your feelings about McFeely or NDSU, the column is gold.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4788143-McFeely-Trip-to-Nicholls-State-in-2004-had-Forum-crew-asking-Is-this-how-it-ends-As-in-life

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

Also, you really need to read McFeely's column about the experience of the WDAY/Forum Comm crew when they traveled down to Nicholls for the Bison game back in 2004. Whatever your feelings about McFeely or NDSU, the column is gold.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4788143-McFeely-Trip-to-Nicholls-State-in-2004-had-Forum-crew-asking-Is-this-how-it-ends-As-in-life

I enjoyed this.  RIP Scott

17 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

tenor.gif

Who is that?  Joe Biden?  seems like you could do better than a meme from 2009 but OKAY!  (how OLD are you?)  Go ahead and bitch about something that's already happened - YES WE GET IT YOU'RE A BIG?? UND DONOR/SUPPORTER AND LIVE ON A GOLF COURSE THAT THE FARGO DIVERSION WILL SAVE SO HOORAY - no other opinions should matter - you're the Lakes of the UND board.   GO AWAY!  

Tents and bids aside - UND will fall or move forward with the cards they're dealt this weekend.  IT'S UP TO THE TEAM - LET'S SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO!   I believe in team and Bubba - maybe they won't win but I know they'll give it their best shot and I won't be a part of making excuses for them losing in advance like SOME do on this board.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CajunColonel said:

Our facility is fine. 

Welcome

what can you tell us about Nicholls? Strengths and Weaknesses of he team? Heard some of a # 55 and your qb 

do you have any injuries?

maybe a rundown of your year

and yes please describe the infamous visiting team locker rooms - air conditioning? Hot water? Meeting room? Etc

what have you heard about UND?

thanks

7 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Who is that?  Joe Biden?  seems like you could do better than a meme from 2009 but OKAY!  (how OLD are you?)  Go ahead and bitch about something that's already happened - YES WE GET IT YOU'RE A BIG?? UND DONOR/SUPPORTER AND LIVE ON A GOLF COURSE THAT THE FARGO DIVERSION WILL SAVE SO HOORAY - no other opinions should matter - you're the Lakes of the UND board.   GO AWAY!  

Tents and bids aside - UND will fall or move forward with the cards they're dealt this weekend.  IT'S UP TO THE TEAM - LET'S SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO!   I believe in team and Bubba - maybe they won't win but I know they'll give it their best shot and I won't be a part of making excuses for them losing in advance like SOME do on this board.

1537209903301.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

It’s a gif first of all, and it’s  from 2003.

C81DD906-13A1-4EE8-832C-DBE4EC787B96.gif

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Welcome

what can you tell us about Nicholls? Strengths and Weaknesses of he team? Heard some of a # 55 and your qb 

do you have any injuries?

maybe a rundown of your year

and yes please describe the infamous visiting team locker rooms - air conditioning? Hot water? Meeting room? Etc

what have you heard about UND?

thanks

Strengths: tent pitching skills, spicy food, and warm climate

Weaknesses: dental hygiene, abnormally shaped family trees, 3rd grade education level degrees, and hookworm.

• Upvote 2